When you are playing.................

Diane

Ueber Meister
Question for my CM friends......

When you are playing a slot and you regularly get two out of the three bonus triggering symbols but never get the 3rd to trigger the bonus round...................does it make you think you are "close" to winning or does it make you think it is just never going to happen and it is time to leave?

I tend to think that getting "close" means I am going to get it sooner or later. Even though intellectually I know that every spin is independent and unrelated.

Diane

Nope. Since I know the reels don't really drop at the rate of each reel falling but rather the result has been already sent and that I'm getting it or not and there's no such beast as close, I don't think I'm soon to hit or due.

Sometimes I fall into that trap, but when I'm exercising self-discipline, I train myself not to look at those spins in any special way; rather, I judge the game's 'hotness' or 'coldness' according to my RTP - pure numbers.

Sometimes I fall into that trap, but when I'm exercising self-discipline, I train myself not to look at those spins in any special way; rather, I judge the game's 'hotness' or 'coldness' according to my RTP - pure numbers.

I call them "skunks" ---------- first two, no 3rd triggering symbol is skunk #1 - if I get to 10 skunks without a bonus or big win, I leave and try something else.....

Just rambling...........thanks for humoring me.

Diane

There's no "close" about it. Each spin is random, and you can't predict whether or not you're going to get that 3rd symbol soon or ever if the previous spin(s) yielded 2 of the 3 bonus symbols.

When you are playing a slot and you regularly get two out of the three bonus triggering symbols but never get the 3rd to trigger the bonus round...................does it make you think you are "close" to winning or does it make you think it is just never going to happen and it is time to leave?

I tend to think that getting "close" means I am going to get it sooner or later. Even though intellectually I know that every spin is independent and unrelated.

Diane

Neither... I get annoyed. Two out of three scatters over and over and over again with the reels spinning as slow as heck :eek2: That's especially the case on IR with the constant dong dong dong :rolleyes:

Also it dosent make a difference when the third scatter drops in as the games are random. Not to mention there is a chance that the feature won't pay much of anything (IMO most of the time they don't). I spread my money around on a few different slots and try not to pay much mind to the scatter symbols. I also don't play MG or Netent as you can go hundreds of spins constantly seeing the first two scatters and never the third :)

Statistically you're supposed to get 2 scatters a LOT more often than 3 scatters on a random slot. I'm glad that it's happening otherwise it would be extremely strange.

No I don't think continuously getting two scatters has any bearing on the likelihood of the third dropping soon. Its only really annoying where you get half of the next 50 spins where you hear that scatter sound (looks at you IR). In fact in my experiences I'm normally on a cold run when that happens.

I call them "skunks" ---------- first two, no 3rd triggering symbol is skunk #1 - if I get to 10 skunks without a bonus or big win, I leave and try something else.....
Before I even read your second post (above) I was going to say the chances of getting the 3rd scatter is something like 1 in 10-15, per remaining reel.
Obviously this varies from slot to slot because they generally have different numbers of symbols per reel.

KK

There's no "close" about it. Each spin is random, and you can't predict whether or not you're going to get that 3rd symbol soon or ever if the previous spin(s) yielded 2 of the 3 bonus symbols.

I know......................its like the proverbial coin flip. Last flip or spin has no influence on the NEXT spin. I know it is the RNG with a bazillion different combinations constantly churning and it's the moment I hit the spin button that the outcome is already determined.

But thanks for everyone's input....

Diane

Nothing worse than a slot where two scatters doesn't pay anything... It's like being tripped up and then trampled on.

At least the 2x scatter pay is a small consolation.

A lot of slots are heavily designed to drop the first two scatters in on the first two reels often to trick your gambling diseased brain into thinking you've got a greater chance.

Avalon off the top of my head - and Isis. Dead or Alive as well.

Even more annoying is when you 2 scatters and the third turns up on the very next spin, which seems to happen to me 90% of the time
same with an incomplete 5OAK (4 out of the 5 symbols), and the missing symbol always seems to appears in the right place, on the very next spin

exactly, the RNG has already determined if you are a winner and of how much, the symbols are just a pretty way of displaying your win.

Over time I've gotten disgusted waiting for that third trigger, especially when they turn either real slow or real fast after the first two so now I assign no significance to the actual chances of getting the third.

The part that gets me is why, after you get the first two, you see 12 scatters go past on 1 reel until right before it stops?

I tend to stay or leave a slot based on my balance, not what's happening on the reels.

If it's a game where two scatters pay 2x bet, and I'm getting a lot of them I am probably holding even or dropping slowly, so I'll stay.

If two scatters pay zilch, and my balance is dropping like a stone, I'm outta there usually.

I'll usually stay a couple of hundred spins or until a feature on a game.

Nope. Since I know the reels don't really drop at the rate of each reel falling but rather the result has been already sent and that I'm getting it or not and there's no such beast as close, I don't think I'm soon to hit or due.

That brings up a good question for me, when it gives you 3 choices on RTG slots does it matter which one you pick or is it "PREDETERMINED" no matter which one you pick for how many free spins it gives you or which feature will get picked

Over time I've gotten disgusted waiting for that third trigger, especially when they turn either real slow or real fast after the first two so now I assign no significance to the actual chances of getting the third.

The part that gets me is why, after you get the first two, you see 12 scatters go past on 1 reel until right before it stops?

thats true, what also is bad is a game like naughty or nice and you get the 3 scatter while the feature is going and that gives you zilch, they really shouldnt have the scatter in the feature wheels if they do nothing IMHO

I have been liking Lucky Last where the symbols only on 1 and 5 and act as wilds

For the most part I don't really stay at a game if I'm just getting 2 scatters over and over (unless it's Dead or Alive!) if the actual game isn't paying out because chances are I'll end up blowing through most of my bankroll trying to hit the feature and when I finally DO get it, it will only pay me like 2x or 5x my bet. :cool:

Diane

Every spin is independent of every other spin.

Some slots are programmed to have more scatters on the first few reels than the last, to create the "close call" illusion more often......ostensibly to play upon the psychological aspects of slot play that you mentioned.

The fact is that it's impossible to tell if a feature is going to occur soon, regardless of method. Even if you could tell if a feature was going to hit, the only practical way to exploit it would be to jack your bet right up.....but then you would have to know approximately how far away the feature was, and that feature might pay nothing anyway.

Two Scatters are not a indicator that three are about to hit....just like 3 scatters isn't an indication of 4 or 5.

Anyone that believes it's possible is severely deluding themselves.

John39....

The pick x of y features are predetermined....with very few exceptions (texas tycoon RTG is not....arctic adventure 3Dice is not afaik).

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back