When did you last use Cash and what for?

I don't mind charles but he is not as popular for one reason or another as the queen, so not everyone will like to see his face everyday. I get a feeling it may never happen if queenie sits on her throne for another 10 years. He'll just be on some special edition collector notes that you can't spend, everything by then will be digital.
Another 10 years?
How old is she now?
Must be 50+ by now,

Screw Charles (even though I shook his hand once, the lucky bastard), it's all about the Philip

Have some gaffe-laden £50 notes made in his honour, inscribed at the bottom we'd have "It looks like a tart's bedroom" or the classic "Aren't most of you descended from pirates?"

she's 94 but seems keen not to abdicate, charles is 72 I think, so no spring chicken himself but looks quite active still. With the best medical care and food etc.. they can last for donkeys past your average citizen.
Only 94.. Well then shes in good company.
I think Sir David is also 94, and hes got another 50 years in him, easy.

I pay all my bills online and like to have cash on me as I can keep track on my spending better.

Its too easy to flash a card around and by the end of the day or week the balance doesn't look so healthy lol

Spend the cash keep the rest in the bank :thumbsup:

I buy groceries and petrol with cash :D
Always used that tactic back in my drinking days.
Withdrew the cash i was willing to burn (because burning was inevitable) and left the card at home when going out to bars/clubs.
Still spent way too much, but atleast i never had to fear looking at my account the day after like some of the people i were drinking with.

ghghf.gif

Only 94.. Well then shes in good company.
I think Sir David is also 94, and hes got another 50 years in him, easy.

We rather take him for granted, I lost track of his age, and didn't realise he was that old because he doesn't come across as close to 100 yrs. He used to be only on the bbc then switched to sky for a bit. I use to like watching the nature docs but they started to focus on the 'killing', seeing 5 lions pick on a hippo, ripping chunks out of it was a bit much for my idea of an evening's entertainment and education.

I use my debit card/credit card everywhere I go now, even if it's for a 1.99 sandwich.

Are there still cash lovers out there? if so what was your last purchase?
Great question! :thumbsup:
I am definitely a cash person. I've honestly always thought it's ridiculous for anyone to pay less than a tenner by card. I usually carry at least £100 in cash in my wallet.

Since lock-down started in March I only used cash 3 times - the first time was in June for a fish & chips take away for me & the kids and the last was hiring a rotavator for a week in July for £100.
Bear in mind though, that I didn't buy ANYTHING in a shop in April or May (my misses did all the grocery shopping), and after that I only bought some DIY stuff and groceries & fuel in Tesco, when I used a credit card.
In pre-Covid days they were the only sort of purchases I made with a card - everything else was always cash for me.

Reminds me of a funny incident early last year - took the kids to Pizza Hut in Eastbourne for lunch, and when I went to pay by cash, the staff member had to go out the back and get a little bag of change, because they no longer had a till at the checkout! :eek:

KK (Old Git)

We rather take him for granted, I lost track of his age, and didn't realise he was that old because he doesn't come across as close to 100 yrs. He used to be only on the bbc then switched to sky for a bit. I use to like watching the nature docs but they started to focus on the 'killing', seeing 5 lions pick on a hippo, ripping chunks out of it was a bit much for my idea of an evening's entertainment and education.
You should watch "Life" and planet earth 1&2 if you have not already seen them.
Also blue planet 1&2.
Great docs narrated by him.

Was pre-lockdown, and i didnt really use cash myself, but i got paid in cash when i sold a gram of cocaine to one of my customers.
Omg.

I remember when some swedish cocaine dealer and english user taked a room in hotel .

There was only honeymoon room availeble .. They used cocaine and sayed it is ok. Seller payed room with cash..

But one think has wondered me ? Next day user had honey all over his face..:what:

Bit presumptuous in your drug-shaming there Dion

It was just the one time. That week
well, yeah, you took all the fun out of slut shaming

Yeah, stop drug-shaming Dio.
Not everybody can be happy without drugs, we are not all Canadians.

Not many happy Canadians or anyone for that matter, I have not met 1 happy pothead, The angriest people ever they are.

For the record it is not "free" here for any drugs mostly, you still have to pay a fee to get them.

ya, but dont you live in Barrie? I'd be angry too :p

Yes and that is very much true. :) I am soooo desperate dion to get out of Barrie, A news article the other day about everyone (citidiots,lol) are moving to Niagara Falls area which is one of the areas I am looking at, :( Don't know what else to do or where to go really.

Yes and that is very much true. :) I am soooo desperate dion to get out of Barrie, A news article the other day about everyone (citidiots,lol) are moving to Niagara Falls area which is one of the areas I am looking at, :( Don't know what else to do or where to go really.
Niagara is awful ive lived there; border town

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back