What's happening in Italy?

Temperance Fox

PABnononaccred
One day ago a terrible massacre in a young girl school, Southern Italy

Last edited by a moderator:
Tonight a big earthquake in Northern Italy.....

It began at 4, 05 but telluric waves keep on and we all are under attack

"Italy earthquake - 5 killed in northern - BBC News
earthquake in northern Italy has killed at least three people and caused thousands of others to flee into the streets, officials say.

The 6.0-magnitude quake struck in the middle of the night, about 35km (22 miles) north of the city of Bologna.

The officials say the three victims died when the buildings they were working in collapsed.

Italian TV showed damaged factories and church steeples in the region. Aftershocks have been reported.

Rescue teams are now combing the area amid reports that a number of people may be buried under rubble.

The earthquake struck at a relatively shallow depth of 10km just after 0400 local time (0200 GMT).

It was felt across a huge sway of northern Italy, including the cities of Bologna, Ferrara, Verona and Mantua.

The tremor forced many terrified residents into the streets.
About 50 people were injured - but none seriously, reports say.

"I heard a big bang and I ran on the terrace, I was afraid of falling," a local resident told Italy's Ansa news agency.

TV footage later showed people inspecting damaged houses, offices and historic buildings. Parts of a fortress in one town reportedly collapsed.

Emergency officials ordered the evacuation of patients from hospitals as a precautionary measure."

Many people will try to sleep into the tents outside houses, others will stay at home waiting....It's not a good sensation. Think of us, please!

two bad tragedies in a short time, the first for human wickedness, in more hard times for our economy, I hope for better times thanks to all for solidarity

I don't see many solidarity, indeed

Tonight thousands are sleeping outside and earthquake doesn' stop.

i mean this solidarity...Sending prayers for all. and Prayers sent for all of you there of the comment above and yes the situation is critical i hope the civil protection do the best for all the outside people and i read a lot of volunteers go to help now

I saw this earlier on the news, add my prayers to the list. They said the aftershocks could continue for several more days. I've never been in an earthquake, it must be terrifying. Hope everyone finds a safe place to ride it out.

Watching the new coverage rips my heart out. I can't even begin to know what it must be like to be there. The man on the weather channel said that sometime the after shocks can be just as bad as the quake itself, I will keep praying for all in Italy until this is over.

Lori

Last night many of us went on Facebook a few minutes after it happened, it was the first place to contact someone, to have news and confort. Now it's raining and we don't know when it will be all over....

This was Ferrara's castle

Our Volunteers are at work (Protezione Civile)

Thanks all

That Earthquake hit us here in Israel, too- thankfully not as bad. Everyone here was afraid, and some minor damage. I'm not sure if anyone was injured.

My window fell off the wall and crashed over my head. IT sucked. Bits of wall and plaster fell down. Overall- terrifying.

Particularly waking up to a crash of glass on your head. :/

My prayers to all in Italy and elsewhere who have recently felt loss of any kind.

Also where I live we received some tremors (north italy)

I guess mother nature was not finished yet

I think so too

thanks to all the member of the forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back