Visa crashed in Europe

weesie

Ueber Meister
Hi,

For all you in the USA and if you make purchases with your Visa card, specifically from Europe, your purchase most likely will be declined.

This means Coinbase for all of us gamblers. They are based in Great Britain. They gave an excuse
of my bank declined it but the bank says all is good.

So, I figure it has to be the mess over there.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

A great start to my "playing weekend"!

Oh. Bit of a biggie, that one. Kind of seeing a lot of these things now, due in no small part to our over- reliance on all things electronic.

Always love the damage- limitation statements they dole out, like "Pipe down you idiots, shit happens" or words to that effect.

Or "We are currently experiencing a service disruption which is preventing some Visa transactions in Europe from being processed"

Some? Some? You could say :mad:

I think one thing that just amazed me was, coinbase did not say it was even a possible reason why my purchase didn't go through and instead said it was my bank. It is obvious .... coinbase is based in Great Britain, Visa crashes in Great Britain (causing all over Europe as well) But they say it is my Visa card.... As big as they are now, you'd think they would be out in front of these things, and letting their clients know!

As big as they are now, you'd think they would be out in front of these things, and letting their clients know!

Once a company reaches a certain size no employee that a customer can talk to is allowed to say anything that hasn't been written by some committee and signed off by a horde of lawyers.
In other words, if you want honesty you are much more likely to get it from tiny companies.

Yes, I read some horror stories from people all over. Especially in Europe. People couldn't pay their dinner bills, their hotel bills, all kinds of things.
It's a tad embarrassing to have one's card declined, if one is trying to impress a new romantic interest. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back