Villento tourney WTF?!

De Beuker

Villento is running this tourney this week.
Top prize is $3.500
Entry is free:rolleyes:, 750x continue for $2 each.

You get 5000 coins and 5 min. of playtime.
Each continue adds another 5000 coins and 5 min. playtime.
Those of you who have played the GSOS or other TR tourneys know that 5000 coins is what you play in 5 min. unless you hit the freespins or bonusround a few times, then you will have coins left over.
So why has the leader, who must have played at least 60-65 hours straight in the first 72 hours of the tourney ONLY 3600 COINS LEFT OVER??
Has anybody any idea whats going on here?:confused::confused:

I think what the OP is asking is why they have so little amount of coins left over compared to those right under them

Cindy

must of run out of time and had coins left?

Thats correct, but its the impossible small amount of coins left thats bothering me.
Look at place 2, 3, 4, 5 all have 100.000+ left, which is normal.
To be honest, I think both 1 and 7 are fake users.
But maybe I'm wrong..:confused:

If im not mistaken you are initially given 7500 coins to start this tournament. I cannot see how anyone could go thru that many tokens to start. Without any bonus rounds or free spins I can just barely manage to use 5000 coins in 5 minutes. So yes I agree this looks odd.

I have also had a suspicion that there are "super accounts" collecting large prizes in many of these tournaments.

750 continues:eek:

This takes the p1$$, you can simply buy your way to the top prize.

750 @ 5 mins a time = 3750 mins, or 62.5 HOURS of SOLID PLAY

IF you can manage it, and at $2 per continue (total $1500), you stand to win $3500, a profit of $2000 for a mere 62.5 hours "work" - not a bad wage.

Many players can't spend this long in front of the PC, so stand less of a chance, especially given the low variance of this slot.

As for the low number of coins, this can be explained by having a fast PC, and a good reliable internet connection. If he hits any of the infamous "lag", he will lose ground quickly.

If you get many bonuses, you will never get through 5000 coins in 5 minutes, but hit a dry spell, and you can catch up. This is probably what is happening with these players. Those with more coins probably have a slower PC and/or dodgy connection. The infamous "lag" also seems to be location dependent, with some players getting it from their country, but others not from theirs.

I'm tempted to trot along to Villento & put this upstart in his place:D

EDIT:

It has just ocurred to me that he might be using one of these "autoclicker" applications mentioned recently, only having to play off bonus rounds himself. This would make it much less effort to go through the 62.5 hours of mouse or keyboard presses. If not, part of his prize probably goes towards a new mouse or keyboard:D

Yeah, but no-one else should not play all the 750 entries, and if you finish third or less on this using all rebuys , you will lose quite a lot. I very much doubt this is a very good to spend 65 hours playing ;) . Kills all the excitement when only the ones who are rich, and can afford to invest 1500$ to a tournament where second gets 1500$ back and first the winnings. Im sorry to say, but the million tournament was much much more better then this one. It had a chance to win a million using 0 basicly, this does not.

kavaman

Yeah, but no-one else should not play all the 750 entries, and if you finish third or less on this using all rebuys , you will lose quite a lot. I very much doubt this is a very good to spend 65 hours playing ;) . Kills all the excitement when only the ones who are rich, and can afford to invest 1500$ to a tournament where second gets 1500$ back and first the winnings. Im sorry to say, but the million tournament was much much more better then this one. It had a chance to win a million using 0 basicly, this does not.

kavaman

I suspect the idea is that the winner is the one with the most staying power, and at least $1500 to spend with NO guarantees. If only ONE player had this level of stamina, they have an ABSOLUTE advantage over the rest, and could win almost EVERY time, pocketing $2000 for 62 hours work, not bad for a wage. Anybody who WORKS for a living is unlikely to be able to sit for 62.5 hours, AND put in a 40 hour working week, AND have a life.

Apart from this, the speed of PC and connection is VERY important, the player with over 200K coins doesn't have a prayer, even if he played all 750 continues for $1500. The low variance of the slot means the player in first place KNOWS he has an absolute advantage, and may not even have to use all 750 continues to soundly beat a player who HAS, but has a slow PC or connection.

It's just too long. 750 continues makes the tournament discriminatory, and no player who playes for a bit of "entertainment" has the slightest chance against a "pro" determined to use as many of the 750 continues as is necessary to gain first place. The slot is low variance, and there is NO "big hit" that will propel an "entertainment" player to over 1 MILLION coins from only a few goes.

Their latest 10k$ tourney is quite a joke. 750 continues still, and 5$ a continue. 1st place gets 4000$ and if someone would be crazy enough to use all continues AND win, he would have to use 3750$ in continues.. ;)
I dont understand the point in making these kind of tournies, where winner is determined only by the means of who uses the most coins on a low variance slot.

kavaman

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back