Victoria Wood a legend gone

Dinahnana

Paleo Meister (means really, really old)
PABaccred
CAG
mm1
mm4
I know we are all saddened by the loss of music legend Prince and rightly so. I must also lament on the passing of Victoria Wood. She was an awesome Comedian. I enjoyed her early work and her role on Dinnerladies and not to mention all her songs. I loved her work and am depressed to see that she has passed. Damn this is a tough year with some irreplaceable people in the entertainment passing away. The world is bereft without them I think. RIP Victoria

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Edit: had to add my favourite song from her live show:

Last edited:
I know we are all saddened by the loss of music legend Prince and rightly so. I must also lament on the passing of Victoria Wood. She was an awesome Comedian. I enjoyed her early work and her role on Dinnerladies and not to mention all her songs. I loved her work and am depressed to see that she has passed. Damn this is a tough year with some irreplaceable people in the entertainment passing away. The world is bereft without them I think. RIP Victoria

It's sickening that her majestys 90th has completely overshadowed Victoria's death TBH! It's only a birthday for fuck sake this woman has died of a horrible disease way too soon yet the news is all about a bloody birthday. What a world we live in...

It's sickening that her majestys 90th has completely overshadowed Victoria's death TBH! It's only a birthday for fuck sake this woman has died of a horrible disease way too soon yet the news is all about a bloody birthday. What a world we live in...

I agree. Victoria was only 62 and reading the latest info she died of cancer which was a really big character plot for her lover on Dinner Ladies. It is so sad. Victoria Wood, French and Saunders and of course Lenny Henry were the source of my laughter and comedy in my youth even though the parents did not approve. It is sad to see artists with such creativity pass away far too young when they had so much more to contribute in my opinion. I haven't felt this depressed since Robin Williams died. What is the world coming to when all we have left is second rate comics to keep us entertained. This is my opinion but these legends are unique and irreplaceable. So it's been a very sad couple of years for with with all the awesome entertainers that were taken from us way too soon.

What a frickin' year for many genius, wonderful and clever people to die so soon. I can't wrap my head around this.

Victoria Wood, now?

David Bowie, Robin Williams, Prince, Michael Jackson and many more....

Well, I am not going to sing or tell a joke for a few years....:rolleyes:

What a frickin' year for many genius, wonderful and clever people to die so soon. I can't wrap my head around this.

Victoria Wood, now?

David Bowie, Robin Williams, Prince, Michael Jackson and many more....

Well, I am not going to sing or tell a joke for a few years....:rolleyes:

And look at what we are left with Justin Timberlake, etc. All good performers but not in the same league as the ones who have passed for entertainment purposes. I really feel bad for the generation coming up that will end up thinking mediocrity is the norm. Maybe it's a harsh view to take but damn with some of the best artists in music, comedy and acting passing what are we left with? The last time I felt this bad was when Roy Orbinson passed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back