US political crisis

I was never in favour of the afghanistan invasion for a variety of reasons but what a collapse with disastrous scenes. Not sure Joe's to blame any more than bush etc... other than stay there forever a transfer of power/armed takeover was going to happen eventually. The bbc have 'fact checked' joe's speech for him, so they're triggered by it.

Last edited:
I was never in favour of the afghanistan invasion for a variety of reasons but what a collapse with disastrous scenes. Not sure Joe's to blame any more than bush etc... other than stay there forever a transfer of power was going to happen eventually. The bbc have 'fact checked' joe's speech for him, so they're triggered by it.
The only way to 'win' would be to never leave, or not enter in the first place.
Blame will obviously fall on this administration, but can anyone honestly say they think anything would have been different if Trump had stayed in office and they pulled out May 1st instead like he was planning to?

20 years is a long time, and the few good things that were implemented during this time will probably disappear within a couple weeks now that the talibans are in charge.
Horrible scenes playing out there now, but i personally think the same thing would have happened if they left 10 years ago or if they left 10 years from now.

About a month ago Joe said that the biggest threat around the world has changed and that domestically the no1 threat was white supremacy and terror groups.We are now left with facing Joe's fuck up.
Today it was revealed that the FBI concluded the there was little evidence that the riot at the capitol was the result of an organized plot.
Is anybody happy with the new administration?

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Joe's memory problems kind of work in his favour [perhaps only short term] the tv interviewer presses a point, joe gives an irrelevent or obviously made up answer while getting annoyed, so they then drop it and move on. The public clearly knew he was a bit senile so can't complain they hadn't noticed before.
I guess there is not much in fact checkers or much from google via their msm or bosses to help them out at the moment?

5 million more votes were cast than the US census bureau's estimate, which is normally over the actual vote count, interesting historical anomaly...

I am totally gob smacked that it appears that so much that conflicts with the the msm narrative is deleted/removed from online yet nothing at all is ever removed from the Dem's ( unless it suits)
It is not as if their is a democracy

I am totally gob smacked that it appears that so much that conflicts with the the msm narrative is deleted/removed from online yet nothing at all is ever removed from the Dem's ( unless it suits)
Hmmm.....same can be said for the GOP/RNC. After all, they were the ones who have effectively tried to whitewash Trump, by deleting all references to Trump's deal with the Taliban.

If I was being uncharitable (heaven forbid!), I would say that is definitely an own goal by the GOP/RNC.

Many twitter accounts i bookmarked re covid have been removed by twatter, somebody recently remarked how ironic it was the taliban leader was allowed to post on there but not donald.

Ps. Nice to see you back Ladyhawke ?

Last edited:
Hmmm.....same can be said for the GOP/RNC. After all, they were the ones who have effectively tried to whitewash Trump, by deleting all references to Trump's deal with the Taliban.

If I was being uncharitable (heaven forbid!), I would say that is definitely an own goal by the GOP/RNC.
I noticed that too Ladyhawke.
I think that there is widespread panic over the disaster and both sides have been complicit in what has became the outcome. Who has profited from the past 20 years?

Many twitter accounts i bookmarked re covid have been removed by twatter, somebody recently remarked how ironic it was the taliban leader was allowed to post on there but not donald.

Ps. Nice to see you back Ladyhawke ?
Does the taliban leader break twitters TOS though?

Ah that would be it, murderers and heroin traffickers are all welcome to twitter, just don't break their terms, gotta love big tech liberal logic.
Are they arranging murders and drug shipments on twitter then? No, then they arent breaking twitter rules are they. If they were you can bet that would be banned in an instant. Twitter only police their platform not the entire world.

Are they arranging murders and drug shipments on twitter then? No, then they arent breaking twitter rules are they. If they were you can bet that would be banned in an instant. Twitter only police their platform not the entire world.

Why would they need to? Just the fact they're heavily involved in those activities should forbid them a platform, which they've apparently used since 2011:

Tweets about attacks on 'infidel forces' give Taliban new weapon in Afghanistan's information war

Today, the feed broke into English for the first time, with a tweet about an attack on police in Farah province: "Enemy attacked in Khak-e-Safid, 6 dead."

----------

Facebook have banned them generally, twitter only ever seem to fact check conservatives - mainly on US politics or covid 19 - displaying laughable levels of bias and modern liberal logic.

Last edited:
Why would they need to? Just the fact they're heavily involved in those activities should forbid them a platform, which they've apparently used since 2011:

Tweets about attacks on 'infidel forces' give Taliban new weapon in Afghanistan's information war

Today, the feed broke into English for the first time, with a tweet about an attack on police in Farah province: "Enemy attacked in Khak-e-Safid, 6 dead."

----------

Facebook have banned them generally, twitter only ever seem to fact check conservatives - mainly on US politics or covid 19 - displaying laughable levels of bias and modern liberal logic.
If you think its limited to liberals, try making an account on any of the 'alternative' platforms and express liberal views.
See how long you account lasts.

The conservative leaning platforms for social media are no less echo-chamber-y, just smaller.
So its just as much 'classic conservative logic' as it is 'classic liberal logic'

;)

If you think its limited to liberals, try making an account on any of the 'alternative' platforms and express liberal views.
See how long you account lasts.

The conservative leaning platforms for social media are no less echo-chamber-y, just smaller.
So its just as much 'classic conservative logic' as it is 'classic liberal logic'

;)

I'd rather there was one platform for both, twitter could be that or at least do a better job than it is currently, treating the public like brainwashing subjects.

I'd personally find an echo chamber platform a bit uninteresting as there would hardly be much political debate and interaction of viewpoints. And if you have a platform open to both conservatives and liberals, from a business financial pov it makes more sense than wanting to ban half the population from expressing their opinion. Currently they're failing their mission statement below:

The mission we serve as Twitter, Inc. is to give everyone the power to create and share ideas and information instantly without barriers. Our business and revenue will always follow that mission in ways that improve – and do not detract from – a free and global conversation.

I'd rather there was one platform for both, twitter could be that or at least do a better job than it is currently, treating the public like brainwashing subjects.

I'd personally find an echo chamber platform a bit uninteresting as there would hardly be much political debate and interaction of viewpoints. And if you have a platform open to both conservatives and liberals, from a business financial pov it makes more sense than wanting to ban half the population from expressing their opinion. Currently they're failing the mission statement below:

The mission we serve as Twitter, Inc. is to give everyone the power to create and share ideas and information instantly without barriers. Our business and revenue will always follow that mission in ways that improve – and do not detract from – a free and global conversation.
Thing is, twitter is not banning/stopping half the population from expressing their opinion, or anything close to that.
Thats really making a hen out of a feather imo.
What opinion is it that gets you banned that you think half the population share?

Yeah, I'm not sure I agree with keeping them on Twitter. NATO sees them as a terrorist organisation, that should be enough to be silenced. On the other hand they will just go completely underground when you do that and it's harder to track them I guess.

I agree also if there's a chance by using modern technology, they might somehow move towards reform of some of the more barbaric customs. ditto saudia arabia and other places. However look at some of the torture we used to do in medieval europe on the basis of religious interpretations and strictures, now we don't do it but we increasingly have members of the public carrying out wicked violent crimes, probably because religion/morality has been attacked and undermined, social disorder increased.

Thing is, twitter is not banning/stopping half the population from expressing their opinion, or anything close to that.
Thats really making a hen out of a feather imo.
What opinion is it that gets you banned that you think half the population share?

Trump woz robbed ? covid vaccines aren't as good as they keep saying, and have injured/maimed some people? Plenty of accounts I bookmarked re covid have been removed or 'suspended' as twitter like to say.

Perhaps they were claiming hydroxychloroquine worked or the chinese lab created the virus...so... 'we must ban this' - how pathetic and authoritarian a response, let those that disagree discuss & argue it.

Liberalism and pc politics are even starting to get into video games, they're just going to ruin and divide everything eventually.

Trump woz robbed ? covid vaccines aren't as good as they keep saying, and have injured/maimed some people? Plenty of accounts I bookmarked re covid have been removed or 'suspended' as twitter like to say.

Perhaps they were claiming hydroxychloroquine worked or the chinese lab created the virus...so... 'we must ban this' - how pathetic and authoritarian a response, let those that disagree discuss & argue it.

Liberalism and pc politics are even starting to get into video games, they're just going to ruin and divide everything eventually.
I think its weird trying to blame it on liberalism when conservatives do the exact same thing.
Its not like conservatives are strangers to telling people what they can and cannot do or say.
I would hate to be a woman living in a highly conservative&christian state/country.
Stay in the kitchen, produce babies, worship the lord, pray you dont accidentally get pregnant because you just know the lord needs you to give birth to that baby no matter what you want or if you will be able to care for it.
Amen.

Im not saying all the crazy stuff liberals come up with are good things, but neither is trying to backpedal society to the dark ages.
A mix is always best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back