US political crisis

Seems pretty genuine to me. "Race up the stairs", "Kinda awful actually", "certain amount of guilt".
(could not find a CNN video on YT to compare it to)

I know what you're saying, but maybe some of the public don't realise, it's a bit too much of an elephant in the room for Fox to ignore even if they are partisan too.

If Tucker took up a job flippin' burgers in the daytime and then did the tv show at night as well, would it make him more credible, he can't change his upbringing/privilege...though his Dad was an orphan and not given any easy success on a plate from my reading. He's not a bush.

I was disappointed after the election at Tucker as he seemed to concede, and then turn his guns on sidney powell, I haven't watched his show for sometime, but I find it very hard to believe he pretends to hold his opinions just for an audience. A lot of which is common sense, standard conservative thinking.
Its not about his upbringing, its about what he himself has said.
I mean he has litterally said himself hes anything but "part of the people", and even tho i dont trust much of anything he says, that part sounded more genuine than anything else hes said.
But his whole spiel is hammering on about the "elites" and "msm", even tho hes an elite, working on a mainstream media news show.

I dont care if anyone likes him, but trying to make it out like hes any less false than any other person in media is fooling yourself.

Seems pretty genuine to me. "Race up the stairs", "Kinda awful actually", "certain amount of guilt".
(could not find a CNN video on YT to compare it to)

Well, difference is if you miss a step on the stairs and nobody saw it you'll feel embarassed for just a sec and go on about your day :D

I'm ready for President Kamala tho.

Its not about his upbringing, its about what he himself has said.
I mean he has litterally said himself hes anything but "part of the people", and even tho i dont trust much of anything he says, that part sounded more genuine than anything else hes said.
But his whole spiel is hammering on about the "elites" and "msm", even tho hes an elite, working on a mainstream media news show.

I dont care if anyone likes him, but trying to make it out like hes any less false than any other person in media is fooling yourself.

But the logical extension of that means no one regularly on tv can be an honest critic of those in power, as they themselves are also part of the same elite. However you could have an elite that is fractured and doesn't all agree the same on everything, just like the rest of us.

You do have to wonder with any type of personality/public figure how genuine they are in their beliefs I guess, he's definitely popular with conservatives so if he is fooling people he is very good at it.

Well, difference is if you miss a step on the stairs and nobody saw it you'll feel embarassed for just a sec and go on about your day :D

I'm ready for President Kamala tho.

I guess Biden was trying to look more energetic.

I think Kamala might have the same likability issue Hillary had.

But the logical extension of that means no one regularly on tv can be an honest critic of those in power, as they themselves are also part of the same elite. However you could have an elite that is fractured and doesn't all agree the same on everything, just like the rest of us.

You do have to wonder with any type of personality/public figure how genuine they are in their beliefs I guess, he's definitely popular with conservatives so if he is fooling people he is very good at it.
His job is to keep conservatives angry at liberals, same as liberal news station do the same thing but in the opposite direction.
And yes, the fact that hes popular is testament to how good he is at it.

I mean, like 80% of his shows are just angry rants at things.
Its been even more low brow lately because i guess he has not found enough real things to talk about.
So bring on fake pr marriage story etc etc.

I mean, these people complaning about how biased news is were saying that bidens dog looked dirty, like a junkyard dog, just the other week.
Its almost like he lets it ouside or something.
Crazy liberals.
:laugh:

Tucker is actually doing a lot of content for Fox streaming, so some of his show were not up to the usual standard for a while there.

So that quote was wrong.
But saying "The call was nothing like it was originally characterized" is a bit rich, even for sky news.

I dont know how anyone can read the quotes below (from the call:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
) and still think the call was all above board.
Just an hour of lies and thinly veiled threats about how bad this will be for Raffensperger if he does not "find" the votes.

"
PRESIDENT TRUMP
– all I want to do is this. I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have, because we won the state, and flipping the state is a great testament to our country because, you know, there’s just – it’s a testament that they can admit to a mistake – or whatever you want to call it – if it was a mistake. I don’t know."

"
PRESIDENT TRUMP
I don’t know. Look Brad, I got to get – I have to find 12,000 votes and I have them times a lot. And therefore, I won the state. That’s before we go to the next step which is in the process of right now, you know, and I watched you this morning, and you said, well, there was no criminality. But, I mean, all of this stuff is very dangerous stuff. When you talk about no criminality, I think it’s very dangerous for you to say that."

"
PRESIDENT TRUMP
So what are we going to do here, folks? I only need 11,000 votes. Fellas, I need 11,000 votes; give me a break. You know, we have that in spades already, or we could keep it going, but that’s not fair to the voters of Georgia because they’re going to see what happened and – they’re going to see what happened."

"
PRESIDENT TRUMP
So tell me, Brad, what are we going to do? We won the election and it’s not fair to take it away from us like this, and it’s going to be very costly in many ways and I think you have to say that you’re going to reexamine it and you can reexamine it, but reexamine it with people that want to find answers, not people that don’t want to find answers."

"
PRESIDENT TRUMP
Well, you have to. Well, under law, you’re not allowed to give faulty election results, OK? You’re not allowed to do that and that’s what you’ve done. This is a faulty election result and, honestly, this should go very fast. You should meet tomorrow because you have a big election coming up and because of what you’ve done to the president. You know, the people of Georgia know that this was a scam and because of what you’ve done to the president a lot of people aren’t going out to vote and a lot of Republicans are going to vote negative because they hate what you did to the president, OK. They hate him and they’re going to vote, and you would be respected, really respected, if this thing could be straightened out before the election."

Last edited:
No doubt a desperate call. I go back and forth on the election fraud, sometimes I think it was legit then other times I'm skeptical.

No doubt a desperate call. I go back and forth on the election fraud, sometimes I think it was legit then other times I'm skeptical.
I understand he was desperate at the time he made the call, but i still think lines were crossed, depsite him never outright saying "go find me x amount of votes"
All the "They hate what you did to me" and "i think its dangerous for you to say that" "going to be very costly in many ways" etc etc makes it sound like its someone from the mob calling, not the President of Usa.
In my opinion, his intention with the call was to push Raffenspurger to 'find' the votes for him.

I dont think the election was 100% clean (most elections probably are not), but i dont think there was fraud on a scale that would have tipped the outcome in Trumps favor.

I understand he was desperate at the time he made the call, but i still think lines were crossed, depsite him never outright saying "go find me x amount of votes"
All the "They hate what you did to me" and "i think its dangerous for you to say that" "going to be very costly in many ways" etc etc makes it sound like its someone from the mob calling, not the President of Usa.
In my opinion, his intention with the call was to push Raffenspurger to 'find' the votes for him.

I dont think the election was 100% clean (most elections probably are not), but i dont think there was fraud on a scale that would have tipped the outcome in Trumps favor.

Easily to get 12k fraud ballots with the amount of mail-in ballots in that election cycle mailed out. 10 people fill out 1200 ballots each over x amount of time. I didn't know Georgia had no-excuse absentee voting. My state doesn't have it.

I started to listen to the first few minutes of the call. Its an hour so too long for me but you should check it out and hear the beginning if you haven't already.

Easily to get 12k fraud ballots with the amount of mail-in ballots in that election cycle mailed out. 10 people fill out 1200 ballots each over x amount of time. I didn't know Georgia had no-excuse absentee voting. My state doesn't have it.

I started to listen to the first few minutes of the call. Its an hour so too long for me but you should check it out and hear the beginning if you haven't already.
The reason in think the way i do about the call is because i have listened to it.

Hey welcome. As a European it is good to hear an American's thoughts in this thread. You would be one of the few so far :thumbsup:
As a general rule i try to avoid political discussions because no matter which side im on i get heat from one side or the other. There was SOME things i agreed with in Trump's policies (BUT NOT MANY). In fact i can only count 1....That said the riot and death and mayhem and the videos my heart hurt sooo bad. I honestly dont care If the left is wrong on something i will call it out, if the right is wrong on something I will call that out too. But this was a total nightmare IMO

As a general rule i try to avoid political discussions because no matter which side im on i get heat from one side or the other. There was SOME things i agreed with in Trump's policies (BUT NOT MANY). In fact i can only count 1....That said the riot and death and mayhem and the videos my heart hurt sooo bad. I honestly dont care If the left is wrong on something i will call it out, if the right is wrong on something I will call that out too. But this was a total nightmare IMO
I am sure that your thoughts as will be welcomed here even if it does get heated. I had hoped that by now many more American's would be sharing their views in this thread

I am sure that your thoughts as will be welcomed here even if it does get heated. I had hoped that by now many more American's would be sharing their views in this thread
I would hope soo too as i welcome RESPECTFUL debate of ideals...IMO its ok to disagree as long as its done respectfully. We as human beings cannot be politically correct 100% of the time BUT we can be respectful...

Really, no preconceptions?
Of course i have preconceptions regarding Trump, thats why i listened to the whole thing before making up my mind about it.
Imo you should too, instead of just giving it a few minutes and deciding on what to think.
But like Suffer said, with that call, it wouldnt matter if the person making it was David Attenborough, my thoughts about it would be the same.

It would have been nicer listening to it i guess if David was the one talking, he does have pleasent voice&accent.

I would hope soo too as i welcome RESPECTFUL debate of ideals...IMO its ok to disagree as long as its done respectfully. We as human beings cannot be politically correct 100% of the time BUT we can be respectful...
I see one slight problem with this. You must still be on page 1 :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back