US election: the end result

John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, was born in 1839.

A week before Lincoln was shot, he was with friends in Monroe, Maryland.
A week before Kennedy was shot, he was with his friend Marilyn Monroe.
Booth was born in 1838.

There is no Monroe, Maryland on the map and Marilyn Monroe was already dead when Kennedy was killed.

Are marriage equality, equal pay, and reproductive rights as important as the economy? Of course they are. There are economic benefits to marriage. Unequal pay helps hold some people down. And the choice to bring or not bring more children into the world certainly has an effect on the personal as well as the economy as a whole.

We have one side that inherited a mess that four years under ANYONE could not have been completely solved. But things are improving. Slowly. The fact that things are improving at all with such obstructionism from the other side is a freaking miracle.

I would rather eat hamburger and know that my same-sex adult neighbors who've been together for 15 years can legally marry, that my future daughter-in-law and granddaughters will receive equal pay for equal work under the law, and that no professional politician is going to tell me what happens to MY uterus....than eat steak and watch that same couple be denied insurance benefits and hospital visitation, females be denied equal pay on the grounds they don't have a penis, and be forced to give birth to a rapist's child.

Civil rights are economic rights.

At least with the current president, we have some idea of how he operates.

Romney... scares me.

Ok Barack is a weird enough name, but Mitt?

Come on now people, this is the stuff that truly matters. :p

I voted.

:D

God forbid I still had a uterus, I wouldn't want a man telling me what I could do with it.

Romney... scares me.

Me too. He seems like the creepy Uncle with a bad tan that tries to make you believe what he believes or you're going to hell.

Oh, that's just my Uncle? :eek2:

All kidding aside I think that Mousey is right on, we know how Obama operates at least.

CBS just called it

OBAMA WON, cbs just called it.

He won Ohio that is all he needed, even though Romney won a million more Popular votes.

The states, that give you the Presidency are the electoral states, which Obama won 270 which gives you the office.

You can be popular but it wont get you the presidency, I love politics.:confused:

I feel sorry for Romney's investors 45million to help his campaign and come up empty.

His parents named him after Millionaire Marriot

Ok Barack is a weird enough name, but Mitt?

Come on now people, this is the stuff that truly matters. :p

I voted.

:D

His parents named him after a family friend, businessman J. Willard Marriott, and his father's cousin, Milton "Mitt" Romney,

Romney's first name is Willard.

He goes by his middle name Mitt.

Last edited:
i would have been nice if all the campaign money [the over the top spending ] went to the disaster victims

any way i voted for barrack and Michelle
ill never forget when Obama asked bush if he could move into the guest house that was empty so they could start there kids in school and the snot that he [bush ] is denied the newly ellected president

I was just explaining why I have a vested interest in American presidents, past and present ;).

Then please let us know in a couple of sentences and start a new thread if one merits further discussion (which I guess it does). This thread was about the election, not a conspiracy theory.

Unless of course... :rolleyes:

I'm so glad that I don't need to slit my wrists today. I think Obama's victory speech was right on the money. It's good to know that there is not an upheaval in Washington politics, (that's the last thing we need at the moment) and I think the message got through to the US Congress and Senate that they need to get things in gear.

We needed a little R/R

For me , I voted for Romney and Ryan as I do think they are better than the Libya Cover- Up Obama and Bumbling Bidden leadership team thus far .

I respect the office of the President but not this man and that is my God given right as an American Citizen who always votes to state so.

If you did not vote in the US elections(True Registered American Voters Only ) than you should not Bitch, well I am Bitching as I am pissed about the future of OUR country and where this man and his bad ideas will take us.

If anyone thinks I am a raciest , your nuts , I backed Herman Cain untill he dropped out of the GOP race:D

Please take time to watch 2016 , it will make you wonder and its well worth the time to watch, trust me on this:)

And Hell yes , I am a proud Republican and Tea- Bagger:p

Rant Over,

Laurie

Yes it does suck that the US will remain the same for another 4 years, Hopefully some of you can take advantage of some freebies, ie. Obama Cell Phone Plan.

But people dont sweat it, remember the world ends in a little over a month, so really no big deal.

I am soooo happy today.

I must also confess a bit of Schadenfreude in seeing people like Karl Rove having a meltdown. Guilty pleasure :p

Can someone please explain what a "true registered American voter" is? What is the opposite of that?...
A citizen of the US who is registered to vote. The opposite would be I guess someone not registered either by choice or by nationality.

I can't wait to see if congress will actually work with the president. I think he's done an awesome job considering what he was faced with when he came into office. I highly support and respect all the presidents of this country, even Bush.(lol I think Bush is quite funny just didn't agree with his policies).

Anyways, I hope this country can come together and not bet on him to fail as it will affect all of us.

Here's the thing I have been going over and over in my head. The way USA is now, I think I may like to try someone different. I would pass up some of the things Obama believes in just to get us on the right track again.

I don't mean this nasty at all, but is gay marriage (or whatever Romney is against) really more important than people getting jobs and getting our ecomomy back on track? People are starving, not working, losing their houses, honestly struggling to survive, etc...IMHO there are more important things to worry about right now.

A hundred percent I agree. And the truth is, it really doesn't matter what the President's beliefs are, we have a congress and voting to control our beliefs. Though I also believe myself, that a lot of these things would be nobody's business, including the governments', if people would just learn to mind their own business instead of everyone else's, and if people would quit using their ethnicity, lifestyle, cultural beliefs, and disablilities (real and imagined), to get special benefits from the government.
The government needs to be run as a business, costing us, the stockholders (working people), as little as possible out of our "earned income" pockets. The government's job is to protect us. But not just a percentage of us, all of us. That is why OSHA, ADA, Public school requirements, roads, building safety, transportation safety and the military are what our government should be dealing with.And believe me I am sure I have left out some other important duties. But these benefit us all, not just a small minority. Gay marriage, abortion rights, religious beliefs, just like the death penalty, should be decided by the people in their own states. There are no easy answers but it is not the federal government's role in a private citizen's life.
What is not "earned income" needs to be taxed at a higher rate, because undoubtedly, these are the people that are benefiting from a robust economy that the rest of us provide by our daily work. The people who are running the companies and businesses that we work for should always be interested in more jobs and growth in their own corporations. That is how you make money.
I cannot possibly address every issue here, however, just expressing some views on why the real ruin of America is special interests. Without those, our government would be doing their job and protecting all their citizens.

I'm not sure why you said that comment about not being racist Laurie. Did you expect to be accused of such? I didn't see anything racist.

Unfortunately some people who planned on voting for someone other than Obama were being branded 'racist' in certain parts of the states. Especially if they are white voters. Ridiculous but true. Of course, there were a small amount of people who voted against Obama the first time because they didn't want a black president.

IMO the color of the candidates shouldn't have anything to do with anything, and maybe at some point down the road people will pull their heads out. But since Obama is the first black president, I suppose you have to expect that kind of hoohah.

I hate politics... almost as much as I hate organized religions.... but... I'll say this and get it off my chest, and then I'll go away.... LOL

t we keep paying because we bought our house because we wanted to live here, not for an investment.
That is why I voted Romney, because I voted for change, and I did not vote for any imcumbents. I have waited 4 We need to clean house. Get rid of each and every incumbent.... make laws so no one stays in office more than one consecutive term... Dump the Electoral College and let the people's votes speak.

We were in one hell of a mess when Obama got elected and we're still in a mess. I'm thinking the only reason he got elected in the first place was out of desperate hope for change. There hasn't been any change. Even those of us still working see our paychecks buying less and less... Bread I paid $1.25 for 2 or 3 years ago is now $2.65 a loaf. Now I buy the cheap store brand. And that's only one example. We have the same money coming in, but our standard of living has changed.

One man in Washington (particularly the President) cannot make any significant changes. It all comes back to our congressmen and representatives -- and there are too many of them that have been sitting fat, dumb, and happy doing absolutely nothing for the people they are supposed to be working for. They don't remember (or never even knew) what it's like to scrape from paycheck to paycheck just to buy groceries and pay the power bill.

Do I think Romney can do it? I doubt it. He reminds me too much of a sweaty palmed preacher who pretends to be good, but who has his hand in everybody's pocket, and in truth has a wicked heart.

So for me.... 'None of the above' would be my preferred choice.... LOL

I agree with everything you wrote, except that we HAVE to vote for someone or we will be taken over completely. I love the one term idea, think they should be well paid for their work, then go home and have a life. NO PENSIONS, NO LIFETIME MEDICAL. The cost savings would make it so we could easily pay them and their expenses and we could increase the term to 6 years so there is continuity.We might actually get some people in there who would work for the good of the country, because what they got after their term would be the prestige of a job well done which would get them their next well paying job. And the people in these positions would be real people, who at least know some of us common folk and how we live.
As you know, the price of everything, has gone up 50 to 300%, and some of us also had to take wage cuts and huge health benefit payment increases. When the economy tanked, my husband received a 10% pay cut and started paying 2% of his wages for health benefits, so effectively a 12% decrease in our income immediately. But, as everyone said, at least he still had a job. But if you think we still have the same standard of living, it is impossible, and our house is not worth what we owe on it, buyears for things to turn around, would be happy with just getting back what we lost..LOL, but now his company has more bad news, Obamacare will cost so much that we won't be getting that 12% back. And that didn't include no more retirement, limit on 401 company contribution, and no more paid sick days. So far we have only lost these 4 years while everything keeps increasing. I am just looking for someone who will restore us to where we were and very hopefully, take us back to the great productive nation we long ago were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back