Logo
external image

Two Casinos exit UK Market

  • Thread starter Thread starter News Hound
  • id88438
  • Start date Start date
  • View count 1029
  • Replies 11
Joined
Feb 15, 2019
It may be properly regulated now but the costs are proving to high to the casinos,I can see many more shutting down in the UK
and ultimatly it is going to backfire on the gov and regulators

No it's not, the market is still there. Because there are less operators doesn't mean that demand will drop. The ones who remain and are compliant will reap the rewards.
 
I wonder what the reasons are - over-regulation from the UKGC? Over-taxation? Or some other reason...
Always follow the money - if margins are tight or non-existent then the casino leaves, whatever the underlying reason.
 
I
Having a continuous threat of multi million pound fines does not help, just takes one stupid move by an employee
even in a reputable casino to bring one down on them, agreed some of the fines are justified but I wouldnt like
have that hanging over me

Same in any sector. Set compliance rules and procedures, follow those. Monitor it and there may be the odd blip here and there. However, the fines are being handed out for ongoing systemic failures across the board. It's not just one failure then it's a fine. They will never improve practices unless the threat of fines is hanging over them and they didn't in the past.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Accredited Casinos

Back
Top