This Is Just So Wrong

Thats fair enough but the main area of controversy is when subjective opinion leads the article. The BBC manage by and large to report matters without bias whereas the tabloids here use phrasology that clearly steers the reader in a particular direction. That's the sort of thing I was referring too.

As with most human endeavours and controversies, there's always the danger of adopting a 'one size fits all' condemnation, whereas the media is obviously comprised of complicated and widely diverse elements and a range of levels in respect of size, readership, expertise, accuracy, respect, politics and ownership.

I couldn't agree more with you on tabloids, which may make for entertaining reading but can hardly be put on the same plane as major dailies or the business press when it comes to journalistic discipline and a conscientious approach to editing.

It would be a pity to throw the baby out with the regulatory bathwater imv.

Article on N Korea.

In the 1992 constitution, Article 68 grants freedom of religious belief and guarantees the right to construct buildings for religious use and religious ceremonies. The article also states, however, that "No one may use religion as a means by which to drag in foreign powers or to destroy the state or social order." North Korea has been represented at international religious conferences by state-sponsored religious organizations such as the Korean Buddhists' Federation, the Korean Christian Federation, and the Ch'ndogyo Youth Party.

Despite these official religions, much more attention is paid to the personalities of the deceased "Great Leader" Kim Il-sung and today's "Dear Leader", his son Kim Jong-il. Their portraits are omnipresent in streets, schools, public buildings and all private homes. The ideological statements and scriptures produced by the two leaders are the main basis of education for both children and adults.[citation needed] The story of the Kims' descent is surrounded with mythology. Children in schools are taught that they came down from heaven, and were placed on the top of Mount Paektu, where they were transformed into human beings. At public events, songs are sung that depict the leaders as saviours of the country as well as of each individual citizen.[citation needed]

This cult of personality, together with the doctrine of juche (self-reliance), has resulted in a deliberate replacement of the religions that flourished in the North before the rise of stalinism.

If people were to say they were going to Burn Copies of these books, No one would say a thing...........

99% of the worlds religion, ie the people, is based on, "Where and what part of the world were you born in"? You know, your birth, the thing you had no choice in......................

It is just funny, because almost everyone who says they believe in God, also believes in Satan. if you ask them, "Who, either their churches view, or their own view, Who is Saten"? They used to have an answer, now they don't, or they just refuse to say, as it is no longer the political correct thing to do. I mean, what do you expect? if you say, "insert anything you want here" is Saten, what do you expect Saten to do? Nothing?

This whole thing just proves that there really is no such thing as, "seperation of Church & State". They might show you the Divorce certificate, but they are still living together.

I too am against burning any religious document....

but it is not against the law, just as building a Mos. or church is not against the law.

It is a freedom provided by our Constitution. You can't be against some Constitutional rights and not others.

As usual the media doesn't give the real story more like a Hollywood movie 'loosely based on the book' as they say or in this case the truth. I've seen that we are horrible people that refuse a kind gesture from ....? yes what islamic country has ever agreed or supported the U.S. in any situation? What we've gotten from them is hate for ruining their youth and culture with our western ways and religions. I've also read that we are totally complacent and could care less about the whole thing. Ha! I'll bet my next win that if they build that mosque thats what will be burning. New Yorker's are not complacent and neither are the rest of us.

Are President refuses to back the constitution

He calls the Reverend about burning the k(c)ran. But no push back on the mosque?

This is how inexperienced he is and why he should not be governing our Country. I don't care what color he is, he didn't have the experience to be in charge. Good lord, he has never had a job other than community organizing..

I wasn't happy with the republican candidate for President but even he had more experience and knowlege to govern then Obama did.

Last edited:
Building a Mosque at ground zero is a joke and you can guarantee it will be burnt down within a week of being opened.

People won't stand for it anymore, religion is more powerful than human rights these days.

He calls the Reverend about burning the k(c)ran. But no push back on the mosque?

This is how inexperienced he is and why he should not be governing our Country. I don't care what color he is, he didn't have the experience to be in charge. Good lord, he has never had a job other than community organizing..

I wasn't happy with the republican candidate for President but even he had more experience and knowlege to govern then Obama did.

I don't think he called him up on the phone, just said it publically. he had to as it would have put the troops in harms way. When a 4 star general says it will hurt the troops the president must act.

the mosque thing is still on going so he may say something yet. Especially with the recent developments.

Senators seldom get elected president. Who was the last Senator to be elected president, and no googling it.

Google didn't know. :D He may be inexperienced but he has a plan. imo.
Lyndon Johnson?

Good guess,

but I meant while they were a US senate.

John F. Kennedy

Governors always make the better Presidents, they know how to balance a tight budget, maintain the National Gaurd and such imo.

The others, well alot of them on both sides have been corrupted by the Washington DC good ole boy network and there are very few that I would trust to be our President.

Mr Obama our current President has under his belt, just shy of a 4 year term as a Jr. US Senator from Illinois, this is what bothers me the most, lack of Political hands on leadership and that doesnt mean a community organizer or lawyer for Acorn.

Laurie

Could open up a huge can of worms here, but i`ll refrain, draw your own conclusions...............

As Bin Laden quoted on 16/09/2001 via Qatar’s Al Jazeera satellite channel, whilst speaking of his complete denial of 9/11, `"We are against the American system but not the American people. Islam does not allow killing of innocent people, men, women and children even in the event of war."

I`ve been researching 9/11 and 7/7/95 for many years, and with it the so called radical religious terrorists, Americans have more chance of dying by lightning than a terrorist attack, believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

Who are the real terrorists?, Google Depleted Uranium.

Last edited by a moderator:
Religion kills more people than any single thing I can think of.

You mean people kill, in the name of religion don't you jel? like bin laden and plenty more before him since time began? He doesn't hate us, just our way of life;:rolleyes: yeah and I don't hate him I just hate the way he deals with his every day problems.

He doesn't hate us, just our way of life;:rolleyes: yeah and I don't hate him I just hate the way he deals with his every day problems.

Like this guy?...........

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

So, he watched the 1st plane hit WTC1 the North Tower in the corridor at the school, the two major facts here are....... There is only one video footage of the 1st impact (Naudet brothers), and this wasn`t released until 11 hours after. The place Bush said he watched the T.V. in the school had no T.V. there, and never has.

Food for thought.... F.B.I.`s most wanted website regarding 9/11, Bin Laden was not even indicted for 9/11 due to there being no evidence whatsoever against him, the same evidence asked for by the Taliban when NATO came knocking on Afghanistan`s door (due to the declaration of war papers signed by Bush 2 days before 9/11,
) requesting Bin Laden, `Show us the evidence and we will hand him over`, they are still waiting until this day for it, you may want to do some research here as to the countries of origin of the so called terrorists (try the ones that are still alive and well :rolleyes:,
, see how many of them were born in Afghanistan or Iraq.

P.S.

I could post 100`s upon 100`s of videos/links/Witness testimonies/Anomalies/Physics related evidence etc, etc, disproving the official story, in the same context try and find any evidence whatsoever confirming it, that does not come from a state controlled source.

Last edited:
You could be right and I think Obama is Osama. Prove or disprove that my friend 777:eek2:

Hehe, wouldn`t surprise me, it`s kinda an unwritten fact that Bin Laden is dead, even though it is strongly disputed amongst TPTB Hierarchy that Bin Laden needed constant kidney dialysis due to kidney failure, this would be virtually impossible whilst dwelling in caves somewhere.

He probably died around the time this guy became the new 9/11 mastermind behind it all - Khalid Sheik Mohammed, and after 183 waterboarding ordeals whilst behind held in the U.S. Naval base at Guantánamo Bay
he openly admits to anything they require.

So here we have a war based on a country that is harbouring public enemy number 1 for instigating the 9/11 attacks, (with no mention of Khalid Sheik Mohammed), which in turn questions beyond belief the evidence they had in the 1st place, it was enough to declare war but had completely overlooked Khalid Sheik Mohammed as being the mastermind.

Bush stating where and how he found out about the 1st plane impact, and was horribly wrong on his assessment.

The B.B.C is the biggest gatherer of world news in the world, with archives dating back to the 50`s, they broadcasted the bulletin regarding the 3rd tower to fall that day (WTC7) 22 minutes before it actually happened, the recorded footage of this has been lost in their archives, the only news related video in their possession of millions to have ever been lost.

At least 9 of the terrorists alive and well.

I have barely scratched the surface here, need I say more;).

You mean people kill, in the name of religion don't you jel? like bin laden and plenty more before him since time began? He doesn't hate us, just our way of life;:rolleyes: yeah and I don't hate him I just hate the way he deals with his every day problems.

No I meant religion. Religion was created by people. It did not exist of its own until some people created it in order to keep others under their thumb and themselves in positions of power. The death toll is astounding.

So, we can burn the american flag but not the muslim's bible?? Hmmm..interesting. No opinion just an observation.

Well the flag is secular and religious books are religious so I don't really think they are directly comparable, but frankly I think if people want to resort to book burning, flag burning, bra burning, whatever, that's fine. I think its all basically freedom of expression, so they are free to burn religious texts, and I'm free to call them insensitive idiots for thinking that anyone would be persuaded to their side because of their nutty fiery symbolism.

Yeah, I suppose being a senior lecturer who served as a professor of constitutional law for 12 years at the University of Chicago isn't a job :rolleyes:

I'm sure being a state senator for 7 years doesn't count either, right?

Well the flag is secular and religious books are religious so I don't really think they are directly comparable, but frankly I think if people want to resort to book burning, flag burning, bra burning, whatever, that's fine. I think its all basically freedom of expression, so they are free to burn religious texts, and I'm free to call them insensitive idiots for thinking that anyone would be persuaded to their side because of their nutty fiery symbolism.

Oh, and before anyone nitpicks this, I'm not advocating anyone should burn religious documents, I think its tasteless at best, and I would never burn one or a flag myself, but stare decisis has pretty much upheld this is free speech, so I don't think any citizen or community should have the ability to thought police/pedestal the objects they want to protect. It's either all okay or none of it is, and since some of it has been protected as okay by the Supreme Court, it all should be.

Freedom of speech in action.
This past Monday I went to the post office as I do most days and outside were some folks with a table set up. On each end of the table was a poster of Obama with a Hitler moustache on it.

On my way in the guy behind the table tried to summon me over. I refused and decided instead to express my right to free speech by mouthing the words f-off.

Back in June 1775, George Washington passed the very same place on his way to Cambridge to take command of the Patriot Army.

It is not right tp attack anyones religion. I was recently very disturded by O'Donnell (msnbc Last Word host) claiming that no person with half a brain believes the "Book of Revelations". He stated it was pure fiction. Well I have attended Baptist, Lutheran, Catholic, Methodist and None-Denomonation Chruches and while a few have different interpretations of how it applies to "today". All agree at the time John had his "vision" and recorded it, it was a message to the Churches and People that existed at that time. Beyond that, my personal belief is that we can still learn from what the meaning of the scripture suggested then and apply it to our time.

Of coarse recently a Muslim being interviewed stated that the Quran not the Bible was written by God. Well due to much of what is written in the Quran; as I Christian, I tend to not believe it was written by the God I know. As far as the Bible, I believe the written Scripture was dictated by God to those that recorded it for all to read. It is the word of God.

Why did O'Donnell make the statements he made? I don't know. It was just upsetting to me. But one thing I have noticed is that being a Christian these days is seen as being a negative versus a positive. And, having Christian values appears to be becoming more unpropular. If you believe in the teachings of the Bible, Christians must ignore the increasing attacks and not be distracted by the attacks many are making on Christian beliefs and what is seen as bering moral conduct. It is ok to disagree with what we see as wrong in the eyes of God. Attacking Christian values has occurred through history and I am sure it won't be the last time it happens.

Last edited:
It is not right tp attack anyones religion. I was recently very disturded by O'Donnell (msnbc Last Word host) claiming that no person with half a brain believes the "Book of Revelations". He stated it was pure fiction. Well I have attended Baptist, Lutheran, Catholic, Methodist and None-Denomonation Chruches and while a few have different interpretations of how it applies to "today". All agree at the time John had his "vision" and recorded it, it was a message to the Churches and People that existed at that time. Beyond that, my personal belief is that we can still learn from what the meaning of the scripture suggested then and apply it to our time.

Of coarse recently a Muslim being interviewed stated that the Quran not the Bible was written by God. Well due to much of what is written in the Quran; as I Christian, I tend to not believe it was written by the God I know. As far as the Bible, I believe the written Scripture was dictated by God to those that recorded it for all to read. It is the word of God.

Why did O'Donnell make the statements he made? I don't know. It was just upsetting to me. But one thing I have noticed is that being a Christian these days is seen as being a negative versus a positive. And, having Christian values appears to be becoming more unpropular. If you believe in the teachings of the Bible, Christians must ignore the increasing attacks and not be distracted by the attacks many are making on Christian beliefs and what is seen as bering moral conduct. It is ok to disagree with what we see as wrong in the eyes of God. Attacking Christian values has occurred through history and I am sure it won't be the last time it happens.

:thumbsup: I so agree with you, just wish others would show the same respect that most Christians show others, gives a new meaning to "Turn the other cheek".

The ones that say they are doing these things in the name of faith are not what I would call true Christians or human beings for that matter.

Laurie

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back