The single most annoying behaviour of any slot ever....

Another bad feature is the silly levels at which 'big win' video sequences start with all the bells and whistles. On Netent and MG you get the gold coins and chimes at a mere 15x stake upwards, eg. wild rockets and TSII. So, you've just endured 50 straight spins winning zero or fractions of a credit when the slot kindly bestows upon you a mere 15x stake then proceeds to give an exhibition as if the Second Coming has just occurred.:mad: Nevermind this 'big win' has just changed your current session RTP from 60% to 65%, hey you've had a 'BIG WIN' grrrrr...

30x upwards maybe, but 15x - you're 'aving a larf......

The big,mega,super win on WMS slots is probably the best setup. Although it becomes annoying if you get a all the bells and whistles in a bonus round for a big win count up and then have to sit through it again on returning to the base game.

I personaly think it should be something like 50-100x stake big win and perhaps 100+ to maybe 300x stake super big win and 300+ mega big win and 1000+ stake should be sick win.

I tend to dislike the Slots where you have to reveal spins and multipliers from blocks. I usually get the 'Start Free Spins' or choose the booby trap right away ...

I couldn't agree more about the 'Big Win... Mega Win, Stupid Win' thing going. Seems like one provider does it and all the others follow like Sheep - Even making their own Stupid terms for stupidly low wins.... FFS 5 - 10x or even 20x Bet does not need animation and someone telling me its a friggin Nice, Big or Super Mega whens its outright CRAP.

Nate

Well for me it was the 'Little Brittain' slot, after having Anne put 5 Wilds straight across the screen and seeing the obligatory 'BIG WIN' sequence I was disturbed when it stopped at just over £20! Yes it had been a minimal bet of 30p.....but still.

Another annoying slot would be Jack and the Beanstalk, getting a running wild bob all the way across the screen from right to left without hitting anything at all!

Silent Run-When the damn sonar falls just above or just below the paylines.

I recently had this happen 5 times in a row and when I was in my last £10 of my balance,it seriously pissed me off.

I remember on Playtech that f****** f****** f****** pop-up in the grey box that would smugly tell you 'Mr. DonkeyBolox has just won the minor jackpot of $487' which would inevitably occur when you had just had 60 spins without winning above 2x stake and no bonus round.......:mad::mad:

Most annoying behavior is hoovering your money but this is universal so I'd nominate the following:

Microgaming's Immortal Romance and the last freespin option wild vine that starts with 25spins. The wild vine symbol makes the extra wilds in order starting from first reel (if you are lucky) to the last fifth reel. Often though it starts from the third reel and thus it can't drop any wilds to 1-2 reels no more. Very often you don't connect anything to the 3rd reel and thus there is no possibility for you to win. There is also no skipping the animation for the extra wilds and often I've witnessed extra wilds in all last three reels... while being 100% certain there isn't going to be any wins. Very frustrating and IMO a huge mistake for otherwise one of the best games around :(

Perhaps someone should write a comedy slot that takes the piss to the extreme about all the annoying little niggles that slots players have to suffer.

EDIT:

Oh Crap!!!

Microgaming beat me to it:mad:

The big,mega,super win on WMS slots is probably the best setup. Although it becomes annoying if you get a all the bells and whistles in a bonus round for a big win count up and then have to sit through it again on returning to the base game.
The big win animations can be skipped after a few seconds (I want to say it's something like 5 seconds?). Click anywhere on the screen with the slot in it and the animation will cut out early.

i'm adding pamplona to the thread :mad:, finally got a feature on this after a few spins tonight, previously it ate my bank roll without even blinking,

finally hit a bonus round and took the 30 spins option, in these first 30 spins the bonus retriggered 3 more times (you get to pick a new option after the spins), retriggered again on the next round but you can only retrigger a max of 3 times in total.. and retriggered once more..

so decided to opt for slightly higher multiplier options and less spins,

finished the bonus after 95 spins at x60

i wouldnt mind x60 on 1 bonus round but effectively 4 in a row paying x60 is piss poor, and the cap on retriggers.. :mad:

Tritans Treasure does it to me everytime but like a dummy I go back , it annoys the piss out of me , even the music sucks , the red heads sound like they are on crack with all that whaling, skin is crawling now just thinking about it:eek:

Laurie

What's your nomination for the most annoying single aspect of any single slot?

Here's mine.

The WMS slot Wizard of Oz Ruby Slippers is, like many WMS slots, pretty damn good. (Probably one of my favourite on the software.)

However, there's one perplexingly irritating thing that it does, entirely as the result of a deliberate design decision, that drives me nuts.

It has the equivalent of a 'Wild Desire' feature, you hear Dorothy say 'What's happening?' and then one at a time, bubbles fly into the screen to turn a reel wild. Each bubble turns a single reel wild.

You can get as few as one bubble for a single reel wild, and as many as four bubbles to turn four reels wild (it can't do all five).

(It's very similar to the way that Wild Desire turns one reel at a time wild, and you've got the tension of wondering if it'll do another, or stop and add up the wins.)

So far, so familiar, but what Ruby Slippers does sometimes (and it's not even that rare), is the bubble will fly into the screen but 'bounce off' the reel and then off the screen again, so you thought you were going to get three reels wild and some nice big wins, but instead you're stuck with two reels wild and naff all.

I just can't understand the design thinking behind it, that someone somewhere thought this was a good idea. (Can you imagine how pissed you'd be if Wild Desire starting doing the animation for a reel going wild, and then quickly undid it?)

It's bad enough when you're doing well, but if the slot is rolling badly to start with, having what finally looks like being a decent hit get snatched away is truly infuriating. (I've quit out of it on more than one occasion when it's pulled that shit on me.)

Would be interested to hear what others' nominations are, I'm not talking about an entire slot that you hate, but one aspect of a slot that you otherwise like, that really annoys you.

Life of Luxury on JPP where the amount you have won is already on screen above before the bonus animation ends?

since discovering the fun of playing several mgs-slots at the same time in different windows, i always get annoyed about the balance in one window often showing (or including) the win from the other slot...

this gets very annoying, if playing like TS2 or Immortal Romance, as you know beforehand, if a Wildstorm or Wild Desire gives out a nice win... (as you can see the new, bigger balance on the other slot). sure, i could try not to look / peak, but most of the time it happens to fast.

Yep some of the reasons I've stopped playing. Slots tend to try and tease you so you think youre going to win instead they just piss me off... Getting two scatters on the first two reels and not the third over and over and over again just get's a little bit old.

Low paying free spins (under 10-20x on $1.50 bets) i'd prefer not to get a feature when they all pay like that. Slots loose allot of the excitement when you constantly loose.

lol

when I know dead spins are happening I hit max bet till either I break (which is happening anyways) or till I hit a feature and that fixes everything.....seems to reset everything.

any tinfoils on that?

Most annoying behavior is hoovering your money but this is universal so I'd nominate the following:

Microgaming's Immortal Romance and the last freespin option wild vine that starts with 25spins. The wild vine symbol makes the extra wilds in order starting from first reel (if you are lucky) to the last fifth reel. Often though it starts from the third reel and thus it can't drop any wilds to 1-2 reels no more. Very often you don't connect anything to the 3rd reel and thus there is no possibility for you to win. There is also no skipping the animation for the extra wilds and often I've witnessed extra wilds in all last three reels... while being 100% certain there isn't going to be any wins. Very frustrating and IMO a huge mistake for otherwise one of the best games around :(

This is the one for me also. Why does it have to go in order from first reel to the last? It would be so easy to fix. Just sometimes brake the pattern.

I have so many that if I start writing them down I will stop playing. ;)

One of the most annoying thing is that you could tell if the Mystery symbol-feature will hit during Run Mode on BSG just by how the first reel line up.

I once got 5 scatters on Hitman. It paid nothing and didn't give me any extra spins either.

Same with JatB. I can't believe any slot designer would do that kind of sh*t.

My biggest pet peeve is when you get a feature that add a wild on a spot that already has a wild on it (ie: Batman "shooting" wilds on TDK or the Sarah and Troy features on IR).

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back