Summer Festivals?

ternur

Sky void of stars
CAG
mm3
Anyone planning to have some summer festival fun this year?

A lot of my fav bands are touring this summer all over Europe, and I'm considering hopping on a plane to see some of them somewhere. Thinking seriously about Download UK, since I've never been to Donington Park and the line up looks really nice to me.

I've gotten too old to think of partaking in such shenanigans ;)

Back in my younger days I've been to Pukkelpop in Belgium 6 times, Rock Werchter once and my most amazing experience is Roskilde in 2004. That was very special and especially muddy. Let me attach a picture I made on the festival grounds at one of the food areas.
207550_1026445906496_7415_n.jpg

I've tried more than once to get ahold of tickets for Glastonbury but failed, it sells out in minutes...

Good luck trying to piece together anything resembling the festival line-ups of old :D

Leeds/ Reading of '99 would have Chili Peppers, Blur, Chemical Brothers et al and that's just from purple haze memory

Why on earth would I want to pay £500 to traipse around in mud listening to tone-deaf 'modern' bands/ artists like P. Diddy or Taylor Swift

The festivals I attend these days tend to be indoors, with the artist of my choosing & supporting band :D

Good luck trying to piece together anything resembling the festival line-ups of old :D

Leeds/ Reading of '99 would have Chili Peppers, Blur, Chemical Brothers et al and that's just from purple haze memory

Why on earth would I want to pay £500 to traipse around in mud listening to tone-deaf 'modern' bands/ artists like P. Diddy or Taylor Swift

The festivals I attend these days tend to be indoors, with the artist of my choosing & supporting band :D

Wow you have festivals at your house ? We will all come ... throw some shapes . You get the beers in.

Why would anyone, young or old.

About festival line ups, Hellfest is interesting this year. Some real dinosaurs + a couple great bands.

So people are old and festivals are a drag. Got it :D I hope I never get old.

Why would anyone, young or old.

About festival line ups, Hellfest is interesting this year. Some real dinosaurs + a couple great bands.

So people are old and festivals are a drag. Got it :D I hope I never get old.
Shut it, gramps :eek:

Festivals aren't a drag, today's festival line-ups are!

As for Drag Festivals, well, I'll see you there!!

drag.jpg

Shut it, gramps :eek:

Festivals aren't a drag, today's festival line-ups are!

As for Drag Festivals, well, I'll see you there!!

View attachment 121451

I do agree on that point. We have one of the oldest festivals in Europe right here where I live. Back in the day there were bands like Metallica, Nirvana, RHCP, Massive Attack etc. in the line up, but these days it's all pop and crap.

Sad really.

Last edited:
If anyone ever here has a crew for Burning Man and need one more member, let me know. Thanks :D

I've gotten too old to think of partaking in such shenanigans ;)

Back in my younger days I've been to Pukkelpop in Belgium 6 times, Rock Werchter once and my most amazing experience is Roskilde in 2004. That was very special and especially muddy. Let me attach a picture I made on the festival grounds at one of the food areas.
View attachment 121450

I've tried more than once to get ahold of tickets for Glastonbury but failed, it sells out in minutes...

Soo...Who in this video is Sufferinsilence?
;)
(theres a naked-race every year at roskilde)

I am 28 and I have never been to a festival in my life. Well Lyme disease and being kind of a introvert doesn't help much. :p

Feel like I have to make a bucket list and put a festival on the list.

Edit: I like a lot of different music but back before I got sick when I was about 18/19 years I always wanted to see a spectacular Rammstein show, I know it's not a festival.

I am 28 and I have never been to a festival in my life. Well Lyme disease and being kind of a introvert doesn't help much. :p

Feel like I have to make a bucket list and put a festival on the list.

Edit: I like a lot of different music but back before I got sick when I was about 18/19 years I always wanted to see a spectacular Rammstein show, I know it's not a festival.

Well Rammstein kinda is a festival on its own :D

Been to loads of festivals. The so called amazing bands sound shit. It’s over priced and full of students.
Yes Iam now getting old :-(
To stand alongside 10,000 students shouting 'WHOAAAA JEREMY CORBYN' in the mud must be an experience worth paying for.

To stand alongside 10,000 students shouting 'WHOAAAA JEREMY CORBYN' in the mud must be an experience worth paying for.

:lolup:

We have some real pessimists around here for sure.

Must be all that brexit crap and the famous British weather. Why focus on the good when you can bitch about the crowd democgraphics and the weather :D

I've heard they have those pesky gatherings with music on stage outside the UK too :p

Last edited:
:lolup:

We have some real pessimists around here for sure.

Must be all that brexit crap and the famous British weather. Why focus on the good when you can bitch about the crowd democgraphics and the weather :D

I've heard they have those pesky gatherings with music on stage outside the UK too :p
Brexit's done a number on us I'm afraid. We see a mob of people gathered in one place we think "Ohh, I wonder how that's going to negatively affect the NHS" :eek2:

Plus the tap-water ain't right here

Ah right, that's why I was confused. The music you post here is not quite alike Pulp :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back