Question some things I've been wondering...

With tournaments you have to have an "eBay" philosophy. I tend to monitor entrants v prizes to work out a rough RTP odds. Some can have so many entrants that the odds long-term would yield a 50% RTP but you do find the occasional one where the prize money exceeds the entrance pot. For instance if it's a one shot and only 110 people have entered each paying $2, total pot $220 and the prize fund is $250 then your theoretical long-term RTP actually exceeds 100%. You have to be having fun though otherwise it's not the most productive way of gaining a small advantage.

With tournaments you have to have an "eBay" philosophy. I tend to monitor entrants v prizes to work out a rough RTP odds. Some can have so many entrants that the odds long-term would yield a 50% RTP but you do find the occasional one where the prize money exceeds the entrance pot. For instance if it's a one shot and only 110 people have entered each paying $2, total pot $220 and the prize fund is $250 then your theoretical long-term RTP actually exceeds 100%. You have to be having fun though otherwise it's not the most productive way of gaining a small advantage.

Another example, the 32red 10ks.
1st prize 2500, 999 continues, 2.50 each. When they lasted 3 days they were better. Not enough time to get to 999 continues. Now they last 7 days. Plenty of time. So lets say I have the time and money to get to 999 continues, if I have to. Am I the only one in the whole world? Then great! I win! Are there others like me? If yes, we are all screwed! Everybody will lose housands except one lucky bastard that will win 2.50 :D

Another example, the 32red 10ks.
1st prize 2500, 999 continues, 2.50 each. When they lasted 3 days they were better. Not enough time to get to 999 continues. Now they last 7 days. Plenty of time. So lets say I have the time and money to get to 999 continues, if I have to. Am I the only one in the whole world? Then great! I win! Are there others like me? If yes, we are all screwed! Everybody will lose housands except one lucky bastard that will win 2.50 :D

Yes I clocked on to this immediately. Not many people (if any) do use anywhere near the 999 but several use hundreds. Of course it only takes 2 people to use 999 for one of them to have the potential of a huge loss. You do however have a reasonable chance of a modest win in these tournaments and without the bug risk takers out there I dint think the tournaments would exist to provide the modest wins. I won around £20 without spending a penny :)

...You do however have a reasonable chance of a modest win in these tournaments and without the bug risk takers out there I dint think the tournaments would exist to provide the modest wins. I won around £20 without spending a penny :)

Yes. Once I won 800 with a free entry (4-5 years ago)! But it is sad to see others spend 1000 or something, just to take your 500 worth position. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back