Sharing my favs

Comes a Time

Ah, Slaughter, not too familiar with them but the voice was definitely impressive. My next one is Neil Young performing 'Comes a Time' at Farm Aid in 1986. Neil is another guy with an amazing amount of sheer musical talent, he could go on by himself with just his guitar and harmonica and capture an entire audience. When I was in high school this guy was our musical god and he is a prime example of pure Americana.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lotta Love

One more by Neil Young, Lotta Love. I love his lyrics and his playing style. You never hear any crazy riffs or wild music from him, he doesn't need that stuff. Just incredibly well written, meaningful works. I'm not sure of the year for this one but he looks like a pup here.

Ah, Slaughter, not too familiar with them but the voice was definitely impressive. My next one is Neil Young performing 'Comes a Time' at Farm Aid in 1986. Neil is another guy with an amazing amount of sheer musical talent, he could go on by himself with just his guitar and harmonica and capture an entire audience. When I was in high school this guy was our musical god and he is a prime example of pure Americana.

I thought he was a Canadian?
No Rush here I see!:(

Yup, he's Canadian. How did ya miss that BigJohn :p

Although he has lived in northern California since the 1970s and sings as frequently about U.S. themes and subjects as he does about his native country, he has retained his Canadian citizenship. On July 14, 2006, Young was awarded the Order of Manitoba, and on December 30, 2009, was made an Officer of the Order of Canada.

Good point

I think I knew somewhere deep inside that he is Canadian. I got ties to Canada too. My Uncle was a big time veterinarian in the Montreal area and his daughter started her own successful brewery north of there called Boreale, later bought out by Les brasseurs du Nord. So I'll correct it to North Americana! There will definitely be some Rush coming, with my appreciation of drummers I can't leave out Neil Peart.

Down by the River

Had to put one more Neil Young. This is CSNY from 1969, a concert on Big Sur in California, looks like a beautiful venue. I think this video caps off the '60s very well, it doesn't get any better than this. I have a strong suspicion that some of these people may have been using drugs. IMO there are not enough adjectives to describe this. Enjoy.

I've been wanting to add to this so here goes. A little tribute to the ladies of Rock N Roll.

Been hearing this one from Heart on the radio a few times lately (my oldies station CBS 101.1) and it really strikes a note with me. A very beautiful, haunting tune with a hard edge. Ann and Nancy Wilson are such great compliments to each other and true rock icons IMO.

Alone.

Another Heart song. This one really showcases Ann Wilson's powerful voice. It is amazing to me that some people have a talent like this and I often think what a tragedy it would be if it was left undiscovered.

Nothin' At All

A little different style, a little more in your face. Joan Jett was one of my first celebrity crushes way back when. Man, she was one hot chick! And she could Rock!

I Hate Myself For Loving You

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back