Review of the new MG games (November) - Mega Moolah!

This is driving me MENTAL!!! I CANNOT HIT THE DAMN BONUS!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm getting plenty of nice free spins and reel hits - but I just CANNOT hit it!!!

I think I must be hitting the button wrong or something.

This is from the description of Glory of Rome: "In the base game you can win up to 25 000.00."

What is the "base game"?

My guess is that it is the default bet amount when you first start up the game?

This is from the description of Glory of Rome: "In the base game you can win up to 25 000.00."

What is the "base game"?

My guess is that it is the default bet amount when you first start up the game?

It means during "normal" play. IE without help from the free spins/bonus feature. 5 Wilds at Max bet I assume without checking the paytable. In actual fact it would be more than 25k coins as they always forget 5 wilds normally means you get other line-ups too :D

Minor jackpot mistake

I played this game today at 32Red and hit the Minor jackpot.
The value of that jackpot was above 200( I don't remember the exact figure) and I only received 141.
Can somebody explain this?
Is it a mistake and do I have to complain?
I was playing only .5 euro (25 lines, 2 coins of .01), so still a good return, but why did I not get the value which was on the screen?

The value of that jackpot was above 200( I don't remember the exact figure) and I only received 141.

I've started to see this too. Its definately buggy. definately report it if only to make them aware there is a problem. All bugs on any game should be reported no matter how small. I have noticed that the amount is often different but does tend to be up as much as down so swings and roundabouts.

Lots of little bugs coming out now. Doesn't take a genius to suss that this bonus wheel was probably the reason the slot was delayed for 2 months, good slot though it is :)

I played this game today at 32Red and hit the Minor jackpot.
I was playing only .5 euro (25 lines, 2 coins of .01), so still a good return, but why did I not get the value which was on the screen?

It occurs to me that the bonus is represented in USD... today's USD-EUR rate is about 1 - .75 according to Oanda.com - that should put you close, but probably the exchange rate being used in the jackpots is worse.

Anyone here that has hit the jackpot 3+ times?

In that case how times have you hit it and how many spins total and average bet size?

Zoozie

^

Well I have not hit it 3+ times but I have hit it twice(both minor) this is over between 1800/2200 spins at 5p*9 lines (45p stake)
It would be nice to know the average stake or spins to hit it.

Zoozie can:thumbsup:

Anyone here that has hit the jackpot 3+ times?

In that case how times have you hit it and how many spins total and average bet size?

Zoozie

I've hit it about 6 or 7 times now playing at $5/$6.25 a spin. Twice got the Orange one, the rest (arguably!) the red one. Probably getting it every 400 spins on average I'd guess so far.

SPear: I play in $ and it still comes up wrong sometimes.

Bugs

That's not the only bug. After the lower jackpots are hit they reset to below the starting levels of 10 and 100.

Microgaming progressives (I thought) are paid in the currency of the player's account, since their bets are in the currency of their account.
The only reason this might be different is that it is the first progressive without a fixed bet needed to qualify for one. It will take as little as 9c per line, but the rules state the chance of seeing the bonus wheel is related to the stake of play. It reminds me of the Golden Goose slots, where the Goose is triggered by some element outside of the gameplay rather than a result of a line-up on the reels as in the traditional slot bonus round.

I just copied my reply from a different thread about this game but since this is a review thread I will post it here as well.

well after 4000 spins, i have to say it is an interesting slot and one that some people may enjoy if they care to take the time to play it. I myself found the reels to move a bit slow for my taste even on QuickSpin but in total I broke even. I hit the mini twice and the minor once but anyone looking for a huge payday will have to take some time to get it I think.

4000 spins
50 cents a spin
Two coins per line
largest single spin hit $24.00
largest free spin hit 4X retrigger $38.00
2 mini progressive jackpots
1 minor progressive jackpot

I got the first mini within the first 100 spins, the second one after around 2700 spins and I hit the minor one at the end of my 4000 spins. I was hitting free spins right and left but only after I was down some money and it just brought me back close to even.

I did go back and spin it a few times at $1.25 a spin and hit the free spins four times within 120 spins. One for 10 dollars, made me sad that I had upped my bet and got less than before, second one was 17 then three spins later I hit the free spins for another $93.00 and about 40 spins later I hit the free spins for $47.00 then I quit. It eats pretty quick at $1.25 so the free spins saved me.

Here's my take on the new games:

Mega Moolah
The 2 free spin rounds I got seemed to pay decent at $180 and $160 each, but that works out to 29x and 26x my $6.25 bet size, which is not the worst I've seen but is not exactly stunning. I don't like the jackpots and think the game would be better without them. And when the thing flashes every 2 seconds saying that someone won the jackpot, it does not say which jackpot they won, but it appears to me that it is supposed to (there is an extra space between "the" and "jackpot", leading me to believe that the type of jackpot that was won should be in between the spaces, but that the variable which is supposed to contain the name of the jackpot is empty or null).

Regarding the bug where the display of the jackpot values is below the stated minimum, that's just a cosmetic problem. The two times I hit the Mini jackpot were for $10.01 and $10.05, which I think means that the end result is correct, even if it doesn't appear to be. You can't take constantly-updating jackpot amounts at face value because it is impossible to display an accurate amount on every player's screen at the exact time at which the amount is accurate - but that doesn't excuse the apparent missing dollar from each jackpot.

Glory of Rome
Not bad. I like this one. As with most new MG games in their debut month, I hit the feature within the first 5 spins. I like that you automatically have 8 free spins, and that you're either going to get more spins or a decent amount from your four picks. From a $1 bet I got $40 right off the bat plus my 8 spins, plus whatever I got for having gotten the 3 scatters to trigger it. The second time I hit the feature I picked the Free Spins on 3 out of my 4 picks, which gave me 32 free spins altogether plus $10 from the other pick. I agree with Zoozie that having Roman numerals for 9 and 10 is a nice break from the standard. This one is my favorite of the four new slots released this month.

Summertime
The sequel to Spring Break, and bastard child of SunQuest. It does have one good thing about it: SunQuest never pays, so when I was playing this one I was expecting a 0% payback, but was pleasantly surprised to win $50 from a $2.25 bet for getting 4 bells (one was a kicker). I didn't get the free spins, but I didn't play for very long. Seeing all those SunQuest symbols was confusing.

Twin Samurai
I did not get such a good vibe from this game. It's not the theme I didn't like, it's that after a couple hundred spins, I never hit the feature. I got 2 scatters on reels 1&2, 1&3, and 2&3 plenty of times but could not get them on all 3 reels. And I only got a wild symbol 4 times out of all those spins - and of those 4, only twice did it help complete winning combinations. I finally realized that I am chasing a cheap 10 free spins at an even cheaper 2x multiplier - hardly worth the trouble. So I did not like this one, although I will probably be back for more at some point because it's still new.

Honorable Mention: 50-Hand All Aces
I agree that the $25 minimum bet is a bit steep but it's better than Lucky Nugget's $50 minimum bet for the 10-Hand All Aces version. Anyway I thought I would mention it because within about 10 hands I hit four 9s, then shortly afterward 4 Aces, and on the next hand, 4 threes. Went from a $70 bankroll to $360. I quickly left and blew it all on Mega Moolah. :D

I also like the Multi-Hand Vegas Downtown Gold because it has only 2 decks which can probably work in the player's favor under certain situations, although I really have no idea. I had pretty decent luck at it. The dealer kept busting. I like when that happens. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back