President Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I said the same thing. its a topic that can get heated and the views of either side are so strong there is just no sense even talking about it. One side brings up one the other engages and rinse and repeat. Insults start to fly and people take all of this very personal.

I only get involved when I see people throwing up what CNN dishes out. I cannot stand that network. I used to watch them but after this election I think they were so bias it became nothing but a witch hunt and lies. News stations need to stick to the facts. Bashing one side non stop is just ridiculous. If you look at their website its actually incredibly obsessive. And I hate when I see people buying into their crap. It shows what they are doing is working on a certain scale.

The funny thing is. Im with Bell Canada for my tv. And in order to watch CNN and you have to have an upgraded package. I downgraded because I will not pay for that vileness.

I'm with you on the news sources.......... they are all full of crap any more.

And, I am sick to death of the "feel good or sob story" lines of stories too.

One article today..... "A wall is/will tear our families apart"..... well, if you came here illegally, you get what you get.

So damn many stories like that...... getting old. Sick to death of the sob stories. And they are not just about immigration, they are about everything.

If you didn't come into the country illegally, you wouldn't be having a problem.

And don't forget, the whole world knows how easy it is to come in through the southern border. ISS, terrorists and any other person or party wanting to do damage to us can just waltz in..........

Why is it that so many other countries can secure their borders and get minimal flack from the peanut gallery, but let the USA try to do it and we get slammed?

OK,OK here is some REAL evidence! Trump just signed a new bill prohibiting abortion's with taxpayer's dollar's. Well let's take a look at the fact that almost all of the abortion clinic's are Free Clinic's and the services are pretty much free to the women WHO choose to have an abortion.
This is a fair in-sight into the Trump camp. That is why all of the women were there in Washington making it clear that they are not willing to lose the choice's that they do have.His vice-president is an ardent anti-abortion protester with a background in suing the federal government for just such freedom's. He is a over-bearing Free Christian that feel's only his idea's are correct.
And there will be more of just such law's. It is all of the promise's that he has to pay off. Please folk's let's try to see the Big Picture HERE! It will all come out in the wash as my granma used to say.I don't think that Hillary would have been any different perhaps But at least she has the experience to be able to make the decision's with.

Lot's of crying about the protester's, But can we remember that not too long ago the very same Trump supporter's were doing the exact same thing at almost all of Trump's rally's. Why is it alright to say the opposition is doing it and not recall all of the very same action's from just about every part of the Trump campaign. Now if we have any chance of meeting in the middle it must be by having the same memories of the past.Peace Out! Out Of The Mist! shewoff

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 70
OK,OK here is some REAL evidence! Trump just signed a new bill prohibiting abortion's with taxpayer's dollar's. Well let's take a look at the fact that almost all of the abortion clinic's are Free Clinic's and the services are pretty much free to the women WHO choose to have an abortion.
This is a fair in-sight into the Trump camp. That is why all of the women were there in Washington making it clear that they are not willing to lose the choice's that they do have.His vice-president is an ardent anti-abortion protester with a background in suing the federal government for just such freedom's. He is a over-bearing Free Christian that feel's only his idea's are correct.
And there will be more of just such law's. It is all of the promise's that he has to pay off. Please folk's let's try to see the Big Picture HERE! It will all come out in the wash as my granma used to say.I don't think that Hillary would have been any different perhaps But at least she has the experience to be able to make the decision's with.

Lot's of crying about the protester's, But can we remember that not too long ago the very same Trump supporter's were doing the exact same thing at almost all of Trump's rally's. Why is it alright to say the opposition is doing it and not recall all of the very same action's from just about every part of the Trump campaign. Now if we have any chance of meeting in the middle it must be by having the same memories of the past.Peace Out! Out Of The Mist! shewoff

I do not recall ANY Trump supports rioting and verbally attacking Hillary people at her rallies............ UNLIKE what her supports did at Trump rallies.

Like Hillary DIDN'T lie?

How about when black panthers were "guarding" voting stations in 2008 supposedly to ensure blacks could vote, intimidating white voters in the process.

And as far as having ID to vote, I see nothing wrong with that. A person needs an ID to drive, to buy alcohol, to buy cigarettes.... Yet they say requiring an ID is a hardship on the poor people. Do they not drive? Do none of them drink alcohol or smoke? How in the hell do they manage?

Or how many schools are not allowed to ask for birth certificates from possible illegal aliens because then they might be "outed" as being illegal. Yet USA citizens have to provide said certificates.

This household has always been democrat ...... not any more.

We were 100% behind Obama when he was voted in in 2008. After 8 years race relations are far worse than they were in the 60's, IMO.

The national debt went from 10.5 trillion to 20 trillion.

When this thread started, I swore to myself I wouldn't get drawn in. So much for that plan!

I'm still trying to figure why YOU are so "involved" in this thread in the first place.

I don't understand this voter id either. Why is it you don't need to show an id to vote? Why is it so wrong?
As a Canadian we are used to going to the booth showing govt approved id whether Medicare card or licence and we vote.

What's wrong with showing id for voting. Never understood how this suppresses the vote.

I don't understand this voter id either. Why is it you don't need to show an id to vote? Why is it so wrong?
As a Canadian we are used to going to the booth showing govt approved id whether Medicare card or licence and we vote.

What's wrong with showing id for voting. Never understood how this suppresses the vote.

They say it is a hardship on the poor, like they can't afford a drivers licence ...... to my knowledge they are not that expensive, even if they are $20 or $30, they are good for 4 to 10 years.

That's all we hear/read anymore.......... poor poor pitiful me..... I need, I need, I need,..... I want, I want I want....... that's not fair, that's not fair, that's not fair.........

Well, life is not fair............. that's what I was taught and anything you want, you work for!

I have watched the BBC News Channel all week and the reporting on Trump has been utterly atrocious . The BBC political editor laura kuenssberg's presentation and comments have been very hostile about Trump where she should be dealing with facts and un-bias comment. Every evening the BBC wheel out the days two guests to comment on "what the papers say" and each and every one of them have been utterly damning of Trump without any attempt at justifying what they say and without being taken to task by their interviewer. For me this week has been a new low for BBC News presentation. Its like hysteria and they need a slap to snap out of it

I have watched the BBC News Channel all week and the reporting on Trump has been utterly atrocious . The BBC political editor laura kuenssberg's presentation and comments have been very hostile about Trump where she should be dealing with facts and un-bias comment. Every evening the BBC wheel out the days two guests to comment on "what the papers say" and each and every one of them have been utterly damning of Trump without any attempt at justifying what they say and without being taken to task by their interviewer. For me this week has been a new low for BBC News presentation. Its like hysteria and they need a slap to snap out of it

Sky News wasn't much better. Had the coverage of Theresa May's meeting with Trump on loop, so when interviewing an American journalist to talk about their possible trade agreements, reaffirming our 'special bond' with the U.S etc etc this lunatic went on an anti-Trump tirade that would make a 10-year old wince!

Fair enough, he doesn't like him, even if that's not what he came on to talk about. About six or seven minutes later, he's still rambling, foam at the mouth and everything. Given the off-topic nature of his delusional outbursts it became clear how much the media will resort to giving these nutters airtime. All that was missing was the soapbox :mad::cool:

These news stations aren't even trying to hide their disdain of Trump. So much for unbiased reporting eh!

Last edited:
For someone that doesn't LIVE in the USA, you seem to have very strong, hateful opinions of our country and our people.

Exactly. :confused: Quietly going away now, i agree with those that said politics can get heated and i do not want to get a massive head ache. Debating will not change anything. What is done is done.

Sky News wasn't much better. Had the coverage of Theresa May's meeting with Trump on loop, so when interviewing an American journalist to talk about their possible trade agreements, reaffirming our 'special bond' with the U.S etc etc this lunatic went on an anti-Trump tirade that would make a 10-year wince!

Fair enough, he doesn't like him, even if that's not what he came on to talk about. About six or seven minutes later, he's still rambling, foam at the mouth and everything. Given the off-topic nature of his delusional outbursts it became clear how much the media will resort to giving these nutters airtime. All that was missing was the soapbox :mad::cool:

These news stations aren't even trying to hide their disdain of Trump. So much for unbiased reporting eh!

I recall how the BBC lauded past PM's meetings with Presidents over the years and reported very enthusiastically about the "special relationship". If it was not for it being Trump and the BBC being anti Brexit they would be reporting very enthusiastically about the possible new trade deals and the boost it will give our Country.

What bothers me is that so many people simply believe the BBC News without question

I had a feeling that this subject would appear sooner or later here. And to be honest I have not looked forward to it.This is really not a subject for this forum and I will just say "God Bless America"! I fought for it and had many friends die for it.
It cost me my legs and a fair amount of my ideology and as a vet, This is not the country I fought for? I don't see why this country has taken a split right down the middle.Too much hate and violent loss.We must remember the fact that all thru history there has been many many powerful countries. And they have all fallen by the wayside.The Roman's,Greek's,UK,and a fair amount of other's.
Maybe this is the beginning of the end for the US? Who know's and we have no-one to blame but our self's I have had a blast seeing the scathing thing's we say to each other it really has been a trip. We will all be laughing about this(HOPEFULLY) later on. And politic's is like my dad used to say is not for the feint of heart or for the large and grand debacle's that this last election has shown.
Too much money is a hardship for anyone to handle as far as politic's. I think in my heart that we should go back to the old style and each opponent has only a certain amount to get elected with.Take care folk's, I will not be back to this thread.TOO
MUCH!:lolsign::axeman2::gunmen:censored:icon_evil Peace Out! Out Of The Mist! shewoff

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 85
Hey look another great piece of journalism:

'Donald Trump and Theresa May caught holding hands in White House photo' :eek:

Caught? Caught? So they've been locked in some secretive love affair and the good old media was on cue to expose them! :eek2:

As it turns out he was steadying her down some steps and it lasted all of two seconds!

But then you can't blame the media for this exposé. After all, creditable experts have decreed that Trump makes his wife unhappy based on body language interpretation, right?
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Sky News wasn't much better. Had the coverage of Theresa May's meeting with Trump on loop, so when interviewing an American journalist to talk about their possible trade agreements, reaffirming our 'special bond' with the U.S etc etc this lunatic went on an anti-Trump tirade that would make a 10-year old wince!

I've been very disappointed in the Sky coverage of Trump; I've always preferred Sky to the British BS Corporation and CNN, but Sky's people - especially those in the USA (Amanda someone or other is one of the most negative) and those they send on special coverage (like the occasionally hysterical, self obsessed and irritating Kay Birley) always seem to be playing up the often hypothetical bad side of every gesture and comment.

As someone else said here, some of the interpretations on body language (for example) are more than a bit out there, and these reporters hardly ever appear to seek positive views and possibilities.

Perhaps there has been an editorial or, worse, an owner's directive on what 'emphasis' should be placed on USA developments?

I find Trump mannerisms, over-sensitivity and the way he comes over in general brash and unpleasant (I felt the same way about Hillary) but the fact is that he is the legally elected and inaugurated president of the world's most powerful nation after garnering the support of at least half the population, and it's time to focus fairly and in a balanced manner on more important things than the colour of his make-up, how small his hands are, his hair, what he said whilst campaigning for election and years ago, and his propensity to launch silly tweets.

The president could also improve the situation by more carefully considering his off-the-cuff remarks and their likely impact in the real world, stop sweating the small stuff like how many people were at the inauguration, and for God's sake stay off Twitter.

I watched the news conference yesterday and for the first time I thought Trump acted somewhat like a statesman. Which was a positive surprise to me.

I can't say I like or dislike Trump. I don't really care one way or the other. But I do have a problem with some of his policy issues and the way he represents them.

For example:

- It's a pretty big double standard for a leader of a democratic country to condone any kind of torture. This is basic human rights issue and I find it pretty hard to swallow any kind of justifications for it.

- His economic policy (so far). Protectionism seldomly works out for the best. For example, if the wall will be funded by a tax or tariff, who will pay the bill in the end? It's not Mexico, it's the consumer. Also, this will probably have an effect on other international trade as well. And will probably have negative consequences within the WTO system as well. And many of Trump's own products are made all over the world. And it should be remembered, that the common view of the ecomists is, that presidents don't have that much influence over the overall economy anyway. See, e.g.:

- Denial of climate change. That's just ignorent and stupid. And extremely shortsighted.

- Overall his administration's reactions to facts and polarising take on different opinions. Surely there has been a lot of biased reporting of Trump, but I'd like to think, that the president and his office should rise above it, and start acting like an administration should act. Reacting and lashing out to press is just making them looked ridiculous and undermining the reasons and justifications of their actions. And I do get worried that this kind of behaviour could do some real damage if it leads to actions based on these inconsiderate reactions.

Some of you have been wondering why people outside US have so strong views and opinions on American issues. Most likely the reason is, that we live in a global economy and it has been clear for decades, that the US domestic policies affect most of the world. Especially the idea of defending US interests with military force all over the world.

Ah damn I did something and it deleted my post

Well anyways the gist of it is I see Trump has banned 7 countries citizens from entering the USA, suspended the refugee program and has plans to build a safe zone.

If anyone learned anything from germany and all the attacks American citizens have suffered, I guess its him. I think he just offended many americans but at the same time saved alot of their lives and their families lives.

We will have to see how it pans out but I support this move and glad to see someone not be so politically correct

Hopefully it doesnt backfire because its a brave move.

i figured Trump would live up to some his promises from the campaign but I didnt think he would do this much and this quick so well done.

Ah damn I did something and it deleted my post

Well anyways the gist of it is I see Trump has banned 7 countries citizens from entering the USA, suspended the refugee program and has plans to build a safe zone.

If anyone learned anything from germany and all the attacks American citizens have suffered, I guess its him. I think he just offended many americans but at the same time saved alot of their lives and their families lives.

We will have to see how it pans out but I support this move and glad to see someone not be so politically correct

Hopefully it doesnt backfire because its a brave move.

i figured Trump would live up to some his promises from the campaign but I didnt think he would do this much and this quick so well done.

But is this move nothing more than a smoke screen, really? I mean, the executive order uses phrases like:

It is the policy of the United States to protect its citizens from foreign nationals who intend to commit terrorist attacks in the United States; and to prevent the admission of foreign nationals who intend to exploit United States immigration laws for malevolent purposes.

and

Numerous foreign-born individuals have been convicted or implicated in terrorism-related crimes since September 11, 2001, including foreign nationals who entered the United States after receiving visitor, student, or employment visas, or who entered through the United States refugee resettlement program.

Then he bans (for a short time) entry from a few nations. Mind you, that these places have had the shit bombed out by the US too.

But how come saudis have been never banned by the US? The ones that actually have committed horrible acts on US soil?

I dont see it as a smoke screen at all.

And yes I agree Saudi should be high on that list but thats not going to happen. Why? Oil.

It would be great if the USA can figure something out and then tell them to piss off because we all know that the Saudis support terroism and suppress their woman but I see that highly unlikely since many companies from the USA would suffer if they had a falling out which would directly effect the USA economy

I wonder if there will be constitutional challenges on this order. It's clearly set against muslims (and gives preferential treatment to christians). As I understand, the freedom of religion still applies in the US.

Contrary to Trump's statements, christian refugees were almost on par with muslims last year (if this research is accurate):

I wonder if there will be constitutional challenges on this order. It's clearly set against muslims (and gives preferential treatment to christians). As I understand, the freedom of religion still applies in the US.

Contrary to Trump's statements, christian refugees were almost on par with muslims last year (if this research is accurate):

I would imagine he has had many lawyers look into this first so Im going to assume its okay.

All I know is im glad I dont have CNN that station will be absolutely unbearable for the next while. Interviewing never ending trump haters and just piling it on.

Its probably going to cause pain in the hearts of some of these refugees who really need other countries help right now but they can blame some of their people who thinks its a good idea to go and kill innocent americans. They are the people that ruined it for the rest of them. Not Trump. I am happy to see Trump is willing to build a safe zone to help. But some of these other countries over there should be helping too. Alot of them wont let them in or do a single thing.

Its probably going to cause pain in the hearts of some of these refugees who really need other countries help right now but they can blame some of their people who thinks its a good idea to go and kill innocent americans. They are the people that ruined it for the rest of them. Not Trump. I am happy to see Trump is willing to build a safe zone to help. But some of these other countries over there should be helping too. Alot of them wont let them in or do a single thing.

I don't agree with your reasoning, but I get what you're saying. It's not an easy situation and certainly there are no easy solutions. A blanket ban just sounds sort of a quasi solution to a much deeper problem (even if its temporary atm).

I don't agree with your reasoning, but I get what you're saying. It's not an easy situation and certainly there are no easy solutions. A blanket ban just sounds sort of a quasi solution to a much deeper problem (even if its temporary atm).

Thats probably why its a 90 day temp ban.

I agree there is a deeper issue but how can something be solved within a reasonable time that will save the lives of the americans who are getting their schools and work places shot up by islamic terrorism? There is so much hate, misunderstanding and differences, i dont ever see it being resolved. I do see it simmering down a lot when Isis is destroyed though. So I think thats a priority.

Love me some Trump !

I am so loving our POTUS and VPOTUS and think that we are gonna all be better off once we wipe ISIS off the face of the earth and at last a POTUS who may not be PC but does what he gave his word to those of us who voted him into office and is getting the job done ! He will make mistakes but he will be working to do the job for which he was elected and not playing golf all of the time ! I tell my Liberal friends that I respected President Obama while in the White House , so show the same respect to President Trump , give the man a chance !

15171190_1815720565342359_1419808111433267404_n no hillary 2016.jpg

It's not religious profiling like you think, the ban would exist if it were Hidu's, Christian's or Jews repeatedly committing acts of terror.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back