Prepaid card class action suit (Canada)

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I would update this thread. This not an April's Fool prank, I know others are receiving theirs. Seems payments started rolling out about six weeks ago.

I received a settlement cheque by post today for $216.00. I did use their reloadable card longtime well as the Vanilla Mastercards. It's a separate amount for each claim.

It did take quite a long time to arrive, but the form is very brief. Applications end mid-month I think.

@dionysus I know you used the cards

Casguy, I am a long established member, providing info that is not spam or self-promotion. I chose to post the actual link to long-established legal firm, not a facebook page (and a few are out there).

It for a period from 2011 to 2014, so if it doesn't apply to you, just scroll on.

No need to ridicule or dissuade others from something that may benefit a fellow member.

Casguy, I am a long established member, providing info that is not spam or self-promotion. I chose to post the actual link to long-established legal firm, not a facebook page (and a few are out there).

It for a period from 2011 to 2014, so if it doesn't apply to you, just scroll on.

No need to ridicule or dissuade others from something that may benefit a fellow member.
I am not ridiculing anyone but telling the truth. If you don't like it no need to even say a word to me just ignore my words and move on. The grocery store thing is anything but from a facebook link it was all over the news.

I'm waiting on that one and the one for price fixing in our Canadian groceries....can't remember for what....bread maybe
Sorry, totally forgot the Loblaws one, I realize now you were not being sarcastic. The voluntary offering of $25 Loblaws compensation. I did get mine, was limited to so many cards. I helped my tenant apply online, but I did have to follow up that one for him. We did get emails with dates to follow up if not received by certain date. Think you can stop waiting.

There was a certain amount of mail theft in some neighbourhoods, but IIRC you had to pre-register your card before use, so they were largely useless to thieves.

Sorry, totally forgot the Loblaws one, I realize now you were not being sarcastic. The voluntary offering of $25 Loblaws compensation. I did get mine, was limited to so many cards. I helped my tenant apply online, but I did have to follow up that one for him. We did get emails with dates to follow up if not received by certain date. Think you can stop waiting.

There was a certain amount of mail theft in some neighbourhoods, but IIRC you had to pre-register your card before use, so they were largely useless to thieves.
no worries like i was saying i wasn't trying to be agressive just speaking from my own personal experience with them. I realize they are real but my experience hasn't been very good.

I'm waiting on that one and the one for price fixing in our Canadian groceries....can't remember for what....bread maybe
Funny enough I found that in my wallet a few weeks ago and just used $8 of it the other day buying my organic rice from zehrs ;p Ive had the card for at least 2 years I would think and just never got around to using it til recent

I got two checks - I have a name that can be shortened (William :Billy ) I must have applied under both somehow ?!??

Only mild nightmare front of my cheque said INVALID after Sep 2020!!! Thankfully bank still accepted it

I thought I would update this thread. This not an April's Fool prank, I know others are receiving theirs. Seems payments started rolling out about six weeks ago.

I received a settlement cheque by post today for $216.00. I did use their reloadable card longtime well as the Vanilla Mastercards. It's a separate amount for each claim.

It did take quite a long time to arrive, but the form is very brief. Applications end mid-month I think.

it almost took a year but, it finally showed up one day in my bank at a much needed time. I received $45.00

Got my cheque in the mail yesterday, 45 bucks
but meh, a free 45 is a free 45 :)

so....a while back i mentioned things based on my bad experience when it comes to class action suits in general.....
this week i received 2 emails from the MS class action suit and apparently i will receive a check "soon" (I had signed up in 2020 or 2021 for it). If i receive the check I'll think differently as this will be the first time I actually get paid. Will keep you guys posted if i receive it. i realize it's a different class action suit but i posted negatively a while back on this thread about them.

so....a while back i mentioned things based on my bad experience when it comes to class action suits in general.....
this week i received 2 emails from the MS class action suit and apparently i will receive a check "soon" (I had signed up in 2020 or 2021 for it). If i receive the check I'll think differently as this will be the first time I actually get paid. Will keep you guys posted if i receive it. i realize it's a different class action suit but i posted negatively a while back on this thread about them.
I also got the Microsoft mail - I have a cheque for $250 and $52 coming my way; early summer late spring whenever that is !

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back