paypal closed acct

tennis_balls

Dormant account
I got a strange e-mail from paypal today saying they were closing my account due to some non-specific security concern.

I really am not sure of the reason for this and when I called in I got some hemming and hawing like the guy new the reason my account was closed but he wasn't allowed to tell me.

I have used it recently to load my Netspend card so I'm wondering if that could be the reason?

Has anyone else had this happen? I only have $25 in my account but the notice says it will be placed on hold for 180 days.

The rep said I would get another more specific e-mail in a few days so I'll update then.

I got the exact same one just an hour ago. They are up to some shit as usual and trying to get them to pick up the phone is futile.

I have used it recently to load my Netspend card so I'm wondering if that could be the reason?

Bingo.

I know of others that have had their PP account closed for the exact same reason.

Think about it, why should paypal allow us to use them to fund Netspend cards when all we have to do is go to the store and fill it ourselves? You know they know we're using it to fund terrori....err, online gambling ;)

A year or two ago, when I found out that Paypal had an investable money market you could use for your cash balance, I thought it would be a pretty sweet alternative to the bank.

Then I notice how uber-slow their bank transfers were, and got turned off. And that was before I heard of people getting accounts locked for various reasons.

I'm really happy I keep 0$ in my paypal, and just use it as a passthrough for credit cards.

Best not to use the same methods exclusively I guess... spread out the purchases over several ways and use odd amounts, etc. good luck, it sucks when an avenue is choked off.

Best not to use the same methods exclusively I guess... spread out the purchases over several ways and use odd amounts, etc. good luck, it sucks when an avenue is choked off.

As far as I know, Paypal will flag & close your account if you try to fund a Netspend card.

Done it many a time :)

edit: but not since the buyout...

If you still have the email forward it with the headings showing to spoof@paypal.com.

I find so many times these emails are simply phishing attempts.

nah, it's legit....For the obvious reasons, paypal doesn't like people who fund their netspend cards via their service :eek2:

I really am not sure of the reason for this and when I called in I got some hemming and hawing like the guy new the reason my account was closed but he wasn't allowed to tell me.

:)

I had my account flagged a few months ago after pushing lots of money through my account to netspend. I sent them all the required docs, which was a pain, but since then ive been trouble free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back