Partygaming Float - interesting article

spearmaster said:
Actually, I'd like to see the shares drop further as well - then I would personally fly into UK and find a way to get a trading account.

Not to mention paying Simmo a few quid for a lost bet.

:lolup:

That said, I cannot understand why Partygaming have done this. It doesnt make sense :what: Revenue and profits are up, yet they have forecast that it is going to be hard to sustain. The only reasoning I can explain they have done this is to put a spanner in the works of Cassava's upcoming IPO - by reducing confidence in the Online Gambling Sector in the City.

Most of the main shareholders have cashed out from the Party IPO back in June so no doubt they are not worried that the shares have nosedived as a result of this inept statement to the City.

Webzcas said:
Most of the main shareholders have cashed out from the Party IPO back in June so no doubt they are not worried that the shares have nosedived as a result of this inept statement to the City.
They still own about 70%.

Webzcas said:
:lolup:

That said, I cannot understand why Partygaming have done this.

They're bound by law to release statements like this plus it makes sense to keep expectations low, as shares recover better when expectations are exceeded later :)

Plus i phoned them up and told them about our bet so maybe they hold a grudge against you or Spear?

Hi Spear, hi Webzcas,

Just some info for you in case you'd forgotten ;)

Date: 29th Sept 2005
Last Trade: 87.50
Trade Time: 11:35AM ET
Change: Down 8.00 (8.38%)
Prev Close: 95.50
Open: 96.50
Bid: 87.00
Ask: 87.50
1y Target Est: N/A

I make that 11.5 pence short of half-price :D :D

Date: October 7th Close
Last Trade: 80.00
Trade Time: 11:35AM ET
Change: Down 5.50 (6.43%)
Prev Close: 85.50
Open: 85.00
Bid: 80.00
Ask: 80.25

Bingo! - Only 1.8 years ahead of schedule :)

Last Trade: 74.25
Trade Time: 4:55AM ET
Change: Down 5.75 (7.19%)
Prev Close: 80.00
Open: 78.50
Bid: 74.25
Ask: 74.50

spearmaster said:
You are welcome to come collect your bet in person :)

Its ok Spear, i take NETeller... So...you and Webzcas need my NT #ID? :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back