Party Poker - Phone charges

malleeboy

Dormant account
Further to the fiasco relating to Party Poker and 50k Freeroll tourney. They finally recognised that they were at fault - having supplied me with the wrong torney starting time information. Their pitiful compensation - $25.

But the problem does not stop there! As Party poker does not have a Toll free number for my area of the world (Australia), I was forced to ring them on an international toll number. To ensure that I did not have to pay the outrages charges, I only stayed on the phone long enough to get them to ring me back.

Ha! have I been duped!!! Received my telephone bill and found that party poker had reversed charged without asking me or indicating in anyway that any returned calls would be charged to me. So what we have is 3min.43sec ($29.99), 5min.20sec ($27.28) and 15mins.59sec ($27.27). Who do they think they are? They stuff me up because of their ineptness and then charge me for phone calls because I wanted answers! Guess who is not paying?

What a disgrace!

Further to the fiasco relating to Party Poker and 50k Freeroll tourney. They finally recognised that they were at fault - having supplied me with the wrong torney starting time information. Their pitiful compensation - $25.

But the problem does not stop there! As Party poker does not have a Toll free number for my area of the world (Australia), I was forced to ring them on an international toll number. To ensure that I did not have to pay the outrages charges, I only stayed on the phone long enough to get them to ring me back.

Ha! have I been duped!!! Received my telephone bill and found that party poker had reversed charged without asking me or indicating in anyway that any returned calls would be charged to me. So what we have is 3min.43sec ($29.99), 5min.20sec ($27.28) and 15mins.59sec ($27.27). Who do they think they are? They stuff me up because of their ineptness and then charge me for phone calls because I wanted answers! Guess who is not paying?

What a disgrace!

......and what did you do?
Please dont tell me you didnt reverse the charge back.....please dont.!!!!:oops:

No - nothing that crude. Just refuse to pay as any one with any commonsense would do! My Phone company has already taken action.

Just hope noone else has been so duped!

You should ask YOUR phone company how THEIR phone company managed to reverse the charges WITHOUT your permission, as surely this is FRAUD. Normally, if someone tries to reverse the charges, they have to go through an operator, who will ask the receiving party whether they are prepared to accept the reverse charge call. Maybe they pulled this stunt by contracting THEIR telecoms company to just bill you via your own company, without asking first. This can happen here, but is considered fraud, and our own telecoms companies can be required to reimburse the charges billed by the other company, even if overseas.
The result of this is that some telecoms companies delay paying out to the other providers, in case there is a complaint about the charges that they are required to reimburse. Here, it is usually premium rate lines that are used for these scams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back