out of curiosity

Should I bother going?
Wiped out on the bike (it happens) - caught the weight of the bike in the chest - weighs about 250 lbs.
Hurts like a mofo (to move, to breathe, sit, stand or talk), so I figure cracked a rib or such.
Part of me says, dude, hit emerg, other part says, hey, emerg will say...um, ok, you broke a rib, and? (i mean, these days they dont tape it or do anything).
Would you go, or ride it out?
(hey, its 530am so im stuck on the couch and it's as good a topic as anything :p )

Should I bother going?
Wiped out on the bike (it happens) - caught the weight of the bike in the chest - weighs about 250 lbs.
Hurts like a mofo (to move, to breathe, sit, stand or talk), so I figure cracked a rib or such.
Part of me says, dude, hit emerg, other part says, hey, emerg will say...um, ok, you broke a rib, and? (i mean, these days they dont tape it or do anything).
Would you go, or ride it out?
(hey, its 530am so im stuck on the couch and it's as good a topic as anything :p )
I would say better safe than sorry and go -- even if they say they cant do anything at least you have the peace of mind.
Hope you'll feel better soon :)

Cheers.
Guess I was looking to be convinced to go. (I know I should, just been there done that, broken ribs twice and after hours in emerg, they just sent me home)
But ya, safer than sorry is smart. I'll hit it in the am (mumblegrumble, hrs wait to have them roll their eyes lol)

At that weight it must have been a motorbike - what happened???
Hope you recover fast.

KK

At that weight it must have been a motorbike - what happened???
Hope you recover fast.

KK
just an honest mishap - backing out of a long driveway, and it slipped - tried to catch it but body caught it lol

I can tell you a story that happened to me a long, long time ago. It was the last time I was totally drunk.

Feeling really bad, my friends called the ambulance and in the hurry, they gave me some infusion to prep me up. But they did not clean the spot well and I ended up with blood poisoning. A small red line was going from my left arm where they stuck the needle in towards my heart. My mom saw it when I went to see her on Sunday and nagged so much until I went to A&E.

Two doctors were standing in the hallway and the soon they saw my arm they dropped everything and got me into an emergency room. Says the one doctor: "you know that you've got less than 6 hours to live if we don't do something?". I'm like: "stop kidding". She answers: "Then go home and you won't wake up again". Realized then that the situation was indeed serious. Spent 5 days in hospital recuperating.

Needless to say, I was never drunk ever since. :D

It daunted then on me that "safe is indeed better than sorry". :oops:

Last edited:
after a couple days couch-stuck lol, did go to the clinic and today x rays
figure its a crack but if anything terrible, theyll call...no call, its nothing, bruise, crack or break, which all mean the same...suck it up and wait til it feels better :p

its feeling better - today i feel like i got beat with a bat - better than the original feels like i got hit with a truck :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back