Logo
external image

Oh goody! My online casino account got robbed... 😎

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lemon
  • id109048
  • Start date Start date
  • View count 3758
  • Replies 171
... So there are definite positives and negatives here, but to reward the casino with a higher rating because of this is very wrong in my opinion.
Why, exactly?

I see problem => bit of a gaff from Support re "talk to your bank" => rep on the job, makes it right => OP is happy.

Without speculating on matters none of us have insight into what exactly is the problem?

And from my POV pointing to the card issue is premature because exactly no one has any details on that, what the normal procedure is _exactly_, and what if any were the systems in place (or should have been in place) that failed, etc. Yes it looks bad, I think we all agree on that, but is it, really? Jury is still out IMO.

And at the risk of boring everyone by repeating what's already been said: in the VAST majority of cases like this the casino says "tough beans, change your password" and sweeps the issue off the table, literally. Clearly that is terrible Customer Support and -- happy days -- that's not what happened here.
Not. What happened. Here.

At the very least a casino should be judged by what they do and IMO the record here speaks for itself.
So "yeah, kick 'em for doing a good thing!" seems a bit amiss to me.

YMMV, obv.
 
Last edited:
Why, exactly?
I think I’ve made it abundantly clear why, but it seems you have made your mind up on this so there is little else I can say.

In my opinion this is not making the CM rating system any more trustworthy. I’ve come around to the opinion that the wrongs and rights probably cancel each other out and maybe the rating should stay as is. It would however be very disappointing to see their rating increase due to this episode.
 
I think I’ve made it abundantly clear why, but it seems you have made your mind up on this so there is little else I can say.

In my opinion this is not making the CM rating system any more trustworthy. I’ve come around to the opinion that the wrongs and rights probably cancel each other out and maybe the rating should stay as is. It would however be very disappointing to see their rating increase due to this episode.
Gotta disagree there - this issue is becoming more prevalent and of all the cases reported in threads on CM this has had easily the most favourable and fast resolution. Ask @lockinlove what she would have thought about getting the same result from G(sc)amdom!
 
My own perspective [as a UK player] is that a UKGC casino should now be the safest place to play for a UK player. Yeah, hacks happen everywhere and in all industries of course, sites are hacked, accounts are hacked, but the bottom line here is that someone must be held responsible and surely in this case, it's the casino. They verify us through KYC, ensure we are not using credit cards, ensure we are not using debit cards in someone else's name, check our address and name matches up, all that stuff. All financial transactions are vetted by them and they've vetted us for this exact purpose, no fraudulent transactions.

If I was unfortunate enough to be in the OP's position, I wouldn't have worried at first as I would have expected the casino to sort it out and re-credit my account, albeit after an investigation - abnormal IP addresses, login history and stuff like that. There's no two ways about it and if they didn't, I would be totally disgusted to be perfectly honest. Their site was hacked, so surely it's their responsibility.

Anyway that's just my tuppence worth, FWIW. Glad the OP got his money back and in all fairness to the casino, he got it back extremely quickly.

And just for the record - copied and pasted from their T&C's - I'm guessing other casinos list the same, actually I just checked another popular one and yes, they declare almost the same:

3.2. The Player chooses a personal password and a username for his Player Account. It is the Player's own responsibility not to share this information with any third party. The Player will be responsible for all actions on and related to the Player Account, even if carried out by a third party. XXXXXXXXX is under no obligation to refund funds in any such situations.

Sooooooooooo ultimately and in defence of the casino, they did not have to refund at all.

Frightening....keep changing those passwords or make them as difficult as possible!
 
Im not saying there score should be dropped, but I don't think it should be increased because they have returned stolen funds because someone was able to withdraw to a non-approved method
I think this is the crux of it, what was the point of failure and why? Which is why I've asked VS to discuss it with us so we DO have more insight into that specific issue. I've said this several times already, not sure why that isn't being heard.
 
I think this is the crux of it, what was the point of failure and why? Which is why I've asked VS to discuss it with us so we DO have more insight into that specific issue. I've said this several times already, not sure why that isn't being heard.

I think perhaps the issue is around talking about raising VS's CM score when the single biggest question around what happened here is still unanswered.

Like, if someone set my house on fire and then only agreed to call the fire department after I complained about them on a public forum and even then said it was a 'goodwill gesture', I don't think I'd be falling over myself to give them a 5 star review on Trip Advisor.
 
Yeah, I realised there was maybe a clarity problem here. To clear that up:
  • no change to VS Score based on the events under discussion in this thread has yet been initiated.
  • IMO the question to be answered is "what was the point of failure and was that VS's fault in any way?"
  • if the answer is "yes, but they made good by their actions with the player" then I think we're at neutral on the Score: mistake made and dealt with properly = no Score change.
  • if the answer is "no, but they did good by the player anyway" then I think that is a clear net positive for the casino and I would look at a Score bump for them.
My strong opinion is that is a forest full of casinos that are only in it for the deposits and treat players like their personal ATMs any casino that does good, above and beyond what the law forces them to do, should be recognised and rewarded for it. Hence the Score bump if such is deserved.
 
Last edited:
I wonder alot about what responsibilities casinos have.

Lets say a player has funds removed from their casino balance. Either by withdrawal, play or otherwise. The player is certain they didn't withdraw or play those funds.

The player talks to the casino who then reply "the account is your responsibility and as per our terms we will not refund."

The casino can take that position as per typical terms. But... what if the loss of funds is the result of casino liability due to bugs in software. The player can never prove that.

It seems like one big get out clause for the casino that they can just declare the players balance as "players issue". Should casinos not be made to prove more comprehensively to a player the situation. Like in Lemon's case. I know we are not privy to the detail, but I hope Lemon was satisfied with explanations presented. I really do hope VS take up the Casinomeister offer to discuss it in more detail with CM team. We don't and nor should we know all the details but it would be re-assuring if after a discussion with CM team, that CM felt satisfied. That would go a long way, and a big plus for VS. (for me anyway!)

Coming back round to VS I am having this play out in much smaller scale. I have some battle buys on my account. I did not buy them. VS says I did. I say I didn't. I have played since 2018. I know I didn't buy them.

How do I know its my account security vs software bug.

Or if it is security how does a player/casino prove it was players liability. Was the players password compromised or did a malicious actor breach the server/database. How is that proven or dis-proven?

Sorry for waffling but I think what I am trying to get to is, terms and conditions like this:

The Player will be responsible for all actions on and related to the Player Account, even if carried out by a third party. XXXXXXXXX is under no obligation to refund funds in any such situations.

Seem to lacking nuances. What if it appears a "third party" did something but actually it was software bug where wrong players actions are assigned to wrong players account. Or what if a card is added to a players account for withdrawal by exploit of a bug/security issue, that by-passed normal checks.

Casinos can too easily make declaration it was players fault it seems like.
 
Last edited:
I can understand both sides of the discussion.

Player finds money withdrawn to unknown account and is basically told by casino to deal with it themself until they come on here and post about it at which point the money is returned as a 'goodwill gesture'.

Even if the account was compromised due to the password the withdrawal to an unknown account is still concerning and shouldn't be able to happen.

From our perspective as players seems it was only resolved because the situation has generated bad publicity on a well known forum after the casino initially didn't care.

I had to do the same years ago over a mis-sold warranty. After getting nowhere with the company I joined a forum just to ask about the issue and it got resolved straight away because I didn't know the company was active on there. The 'goodwill gesture' reason annoyed me even more because it made out like I was wrong about the issue and only got the correct outcome because I had posted on a popular forum.

The review score change is understandable too in a way.

The review model here has an element that involves this site being a vehicle for resolving these types of issues so I can see why they might want to bump the score as it seems the issue was resolved due to it being posted here.

A large chunk of the score is 'responsiveness to complaints' which I take to mean in relation to this forum/PABs not how the casinos deal with direct ones.

Complaint/issue posted here is resolved by casino would be seen as a positive from casinomeister's perspective but maybe not from the neutral perspective.

Rating System Explanation - Casinomeister
 
Lets say a player has funds removed from their casino balance. Either by withdrawal, play or otherwise. The player is certain they didn't withdraw or play those funds.

The player talks to the casino who then reply "the account is your responsibility and as per our terms we will not refund."
Yup, seen it a good many times, even in the case of a mass breach where it was very difficult indeed to imagine how any of that was the fault of the players. To make a long story short, middle and bottom tier casinos usually take the "your problem, so sad" approach while upper tier casinos are more pro-active about it and typically do something to ease the players pain.

Can it be used as a catch-all, "too bad for you", get-out-of-jail-free card by disreputable casinos? Yes, absolutely! Been there seen that, in various forms. BUT -- and this is not a small thing -- there are usually ways to sniff out what really went on, or at least enough of it to know whether the casino is full of BS.

The trouble is that these days the cases of legitimate security breaches -- mass or individual -- are very much on the rise. People think that AI is just out there to spread goodness and light but we can assure everyone here that it is being used by both the white hand and the black hat guys. Fraud is up to pandemic proportions these days and AI is very much responsible for a good portion of that. In other words expect your piggy bank to get broken into if you don't take measures to see that it is not.
 
In other words expect your piggy bank to get broken into if you don't take measures to see that it is not.
I guess this comes back to also needing casinos to offer extra tooling as well. Eg 2FA, Passkeys or other things to help players increase security posture.

Look forward to VS and other upper tier casinos implementing it ASAP.

It was interesting to read on earlier posts about crypto casinos offering it. Think the mainstream ones need to play a bit of catch up. :)
 
Geez someone change the channel lol..

Get all points raised BUT the in the main....

The casino resolved quickly and amicably. Other players have had a preemptive "Heads Up" / "Just in case"

OP is sorted and happy

Most cases casino 'X' would just refer you to their T&C's and make no further contact.
 
Yes, that does seem to be the case. Remember that it's always a convenience vs security thing with most mainstream casinos. From what I understand it's a constant battle to balance player security with the inconvenience imposed by adopting said security measures. Too much security hassle and you lose players, too many security problems and you get pummelled for being lax. There are no definitive answers AFAICT, it's a "choose your pain" situation.
 
Yes, that does seem to be the case. Remember that it's always a convenience vs security thing with most mainstream casinos. From what I understand it's a constant battle to balance player security with the inconvenience imposed by adopting said security measures. Too much security hassle and you lose players, too many security problems and you get pummelled for being lax. There are no definitive answers AFAICT, it's a "choose your pain" situation.
Surely 2FA is a prerequisite these days. With most institutions that handle your money you have no choice but to have some form of secondary authentication before they let you into your account.

Casinos handle your money too so I would expect the same standard of security
 
@maxd I want to add my 2 cents to have @Team.Videoslots rating to be dropped

You have @Lemon funds being sent out to a random card

While I am on the other end of their Paymemts area incompetence spectrum , I changed banks so have asked them to update a MASSIVE two numbers

Transit Code# and Bank Acc#

So far I am on Day 26 of requesting and not happened , as of 9 days ago updating two. Numbers requires the use of a “SPECIAL” team to update; and since 3 days ago it got bumped up again to the “Specialist's” of the Special Team, so the top 1% of the 1% of the support staff , and they are still unable to change /update two numbers

I have an email thread about 100+ emails long , where I’m told they are investigating this super impossible task - 20 support staff have looked at then , then the special teams and can’t update a bank ?? I don’t know what they are doing

Note : - the day before they were given the documents in jpeg and pdf and the new bank is approved - and updated; zero issue here - but they cannot update the withdraws.

Edit 2nd Add : !

VS must make or send out hundreds if not thousands of payments to banks daily , and along with making payments they are adding and changing accounts - yet here I am DAY 25 , and they are still investigating how to do this …. FAIL @Team.Videoslots @Mr Wild
 
Last edited:
Yes, well, that sounds like a different issue. However, so far VS hasn't bothered to respond to my request to discuss Lemon's issue so nothing will be happening there anytime soon.
 
Yes, well, that sounds like a different issue. However, so far VS hasn't bothered to respond to my request to discuss Lemon's issue so nothing will be happening there anytime soon.

Well there's no good answer really is there? Because it should be impossible to add a new payment method to an online casino account and then empty the account out to that payment method, without the player having the first clue, or being given any warnings/notifications, that any of this is going on.

Even if the OP's account was breached with a reused password (not confirmed AFAIK?), the rest of it should still have never happened.
 
Troll-ish behaviour is very much unwelcome here at Casinomeister. Cease and desist.
Well there's no good answer really is there? Because it should be impossible to add a new payment method to an online casino account and then empty the account out to that payment method, without the player having the first clue, or being given any warnings/notifications, that any of this is going on.

Even if the OP's account was breached with a reused password (not confirmed AFAIK?), the rest of it should still have never happened.
Yet the first thought was to reward the casino for this.

I’ve got no skin in this game as I no longer play at VS but I’d like to think that current and prospective members see an accurate view of each rated casino’s conduct.

The Content Team raised in another thread that all rated casinos are first tested, then ongoing testing is performed. I thought this was quite a tall order and twice asked in that thread for more information on how this was conducted. I never received a response. I struggle to understand how the ratings can be trusted.
 
Yet the first thought was to reward the casino for this.

I’ve got no skin in this game as I no longer play at VS but I’d like to think that current and prospective members see an accurate view of each rated casino’s conduct.

The Content Team raised in another thread that all rated casinos are first tested, then ongoing testing is performed. I thought this was quite a tall order and twice asked in that thread for more information on how this was conducted. I never received a response. I struggle to understand how the ratings can be trusted.
The old problem arises here - confidentiality. If scammers have found a weakness or method to strip someone's casino account, that method and the execution thereof is hardly likely to be shared here or with the staff.
 
The old problem arises here - confidentiality. If scammers have found a weakness or method to strip someone's casino account, that method and the execution thereof is hardly likely to be shared here or with the staff.
I would say incompetence too

1. Lemons OG issue

2. 26 days and counting for them to update bank , add in 9 days ago was escalated- each time I follow up , it gets escalated like it’s the first time to “new team” nothing gets done

3. I get an email in detail how 50 spins added to my account. ; support member confirms Yes I just added them, when I check no spins added (in fact spins for this game and amount were added and played 4 days ago) ZERO CHECKS , huge lies getting slung -


I mean how many cross checks are they not doing and missing if they are claiming they actioned things they did not even look at , environment of not giving a flying f*ck , zero consistency and no care for end client
 
Last edited:
The old problem arises here - confidentiality. If scammers have found a weakness or method to strip someone's casino account, that method and the execution thereof is hardly likely to be shared here or with the staff.

One of the main 'weaknesses' here is that online casinos still don't enforce MFA. We all know why of course, they want as little friction as possible between the gambler and him depositing money to play, an MFA check might give said gambler a moment's pause for thought, and we don't want that now, do we?

I have more security on my bloody Facebook account than online casinos implement, here in the year 2026 when we're talking about entities that hold a lot of personal infoformation on their account pages and suchlike, as well as what can be fairly substantial amounts of money in terms of balances - it's unforgivable.

So no I'm afraid VS don't get a 'get out of jail free' card here because they don't want to 'reveal the weakness', when the most glaring weakness of all here is a shite overall security model within the industry that a pissed-up toddler could easily drive a bus through.

However the OP's account got emptied out here, there is no way on earth a new payment method should have been added to his account and subsequently have his account cleaned out to that payment method without him hearing so much as a peep about it all, until he gets the emails to let him know that the crime has been completed.
 
Last edited:
The old problem arises here - confidentiality. If scammers have found a weakness or method to strip someone's casino account, that method and the execution thereof is hardly likely to be shared here or with the staff.
We don’t know why it happened so that is already established. But we do know how it was handled. That’s the part I found to be poorly handled. Front line staff said “it’s not our problem, talk to your bank”. It had to gain traction here before the rep offered a goodwill gesture. Plus the casino allowed someone to log in, add a new payment method, and allow a sizeable withdrawal to that new payment method. That is the issue.
 
One of the main 'weaknesses' here is that online casinos still don't enforce MFA. We all know why of course, they want as little friction as possible between the gambler and him depositing money to play, an MFA check might give said gambler a moment's pause for thought, and we don't want that now, do we?
All of the crappy shithole scammy offshore crypto casinos I play at offer 2FA, and it is especially valuable at withdrawal time. Sure, people may choose not to use it but that’s on them.

I’ve never understood why UK online casinos don’t offer it.
 
The Content Team raised in another thread that all rated casinos are first tested, then ongoing testing is performed. I thought this was quite a tall order and twice asked in that thread for more information on how this was conducted. I never received a response. I struggle to understand how the ratings can be trusted.
You asked a question but haven't had an answer and that gives you the justification to say "I struggle to understand how the ratings can be trusted"?

Excuse my bluntness but who the F do you think you are? I've been here for dangerously close to 20 years and all that time our Prime Directive has been to be fair, honest and forthright with players at large and our membership in particular. I daresay we've proven ourselves a fair few times over.

What I see from you is a repeated campaign of trying to undermine our reputation and sew doubt about our legitimacy. That's trolling and if you keep it up you'll find yourself persona non grata here, and that means ban hammer time.

If you have a question that needs answering then ask it. If you don't get an answer you can ask it louder. What you are not free to do is pull the "I didn't get what I want, you suck" routine and start slagging us off. Please cease and desist with that BS.

- Max
 
Sorry @maxd, but I fail to see how any of my posts here could be defined as trolling. I feel I am not the only one in this thread that shares my point of view which I think is a valid one. All I have done is disagree with your views on the matter.

Regarding my comment about my questions to the Content Team, again I do not see how this is trolling. It was a simple and valid question that remains unanswered.

I see I now have a formal warning via DM. I'm sorry I disagree with you but we cannot ever expect to always share the same opinions. As I've effectively been silenced on this matter, this will be my last post to this thread.
 
Sorry @maxd, but I fail to see how any of my posts here could be defined as trolling. I feel I am not the only one in this thread that shares my point of view which I think is a valid one. All I have done is disagree with your views on the matter.
Not true. Yes, you have disagreed and on that issue the discussion is ongoing. I repeat that no change to the Rating has happened: as much as I think the casino's refund to the player was a good move I certainly need to hear back from them and learn more about the circumstances before any Ratings changes could or would be in order.

However you saying "I struggle to understand how the ratings can be trusted" is another matter entirely and of much greater magnitude. It's not a matter of not having the same opinions on the OP's issue, it's a matter of you attacking the site as a whole in public without any reasonable justification.

And if you do think the current circumstances are justification for publicly distrusting the site as a whole then of course you are entitled to that opinion and you are also welcome to take it elsewhere. If you think one thread of an ongoing and yet-to-be-concluded debate is grounds to throw the whole site and its 30 years of serving players as best we can into doubt then clearly Casinomeister is not the place for you.

As to your claim that none of your posts are trolling I'll offer you a deal: I'll go back through your posts and give you a Warning for every example that proves my point. Each one of those Warnings will carry with it another Reputation penalty, as the one above did. If your Reputation happens to fall below the acceptable threshold you will automatically be banned. I'd be happy to let the numbers determine your fate.

And finally this: "I've effectively been silenced on this matter". No, you haven't. What you've been told is that comments like "I struggle to understand how the ratings can be trusted" are way out of line. You're the victim of your own attack on the site as a whole not for the disagreement that has come to light in this thread of the Ratings bump I proposed earlier.
 
Last edited:
Maybe a bit OTT Max? The landscape of casinos has changed far faster through legislation (at least here in the UK) than the ratings system on here has. I find casinos who once very much deserved their high ratings,during the golden days of online casinos around 10-15 years ago (in my view at least) really need to have those ratings reviewed urgently. RTP lowering alone should knock a point ot two off in my view,let alone customer service and everything else.
Just my opinion.
 
In regards to max and fairness..

As many of you will be aware we ain’t seen eye to eye about lots in the past, but when it comes to fairness he is fair and balanced.

Tbh it was max I went to via returning here, he was open and forthright with me and now I’m back,

As for the ratings etc, I’ve been away to long to have a decent opinion regards this, but having dealt with Bryan and max also over the years I can say the place is as honest as it gets.

Just my 2 pence worth
 
I said I wasn’t going to post to this thread anymore but given Max has been pretty heavy handed with me I thought it was my right to at least respond. I’ve also been travelling (SBC was an interesting experience!) and have had time to think about this situation. I fear this may well be my last post to CM, but it is what it is.

@maxd - if you really want to trawl through my post history to find ways to stick more infraction points on me with the purpose to ban me then there is really nothing I can do. I would hope it doesn’t come to this but it really is out of my hands.

Regarding the Content Team’s claim, I did ask twice in a civil manner for more information, but neither request was met with any response at all. It wasn’t until I pressed the issue here to back up my opinion that I got accused of trolling and hence the warning. I still think it is a very valid question but sadly accept that it won't be answered.

I value my membership here at CM, and I am an active member visiting several times per day. If I see something that I do not understand or think is right/fair, I am the sort of person who will question it. That’s who I am and who I will always be. But if all of my posts are going to be closely scrutinised from now on then that will impact how I interact with this site, and will naturally lead me to contribute a lot less. One thing I definitely won't do is live in fear that my future posts may lead to a ban.
 
Well, since we're getting things off our chests I think I have a few things to share as well.

From my point of view statements like "if you really want to trawl through my post history to find ways to stick more infraction points on me with the purpose to ban me" are an intentional distortion of what was actually said. The actual trajectory of this was that I accused you of trolling, you claimed you had never done any such thing and I said that if you wanted me to prove it I could set aside some precious time to dig up the evidence if you agreed that I would add the appropriate Warning points where I found such instances. You take that, flip it around, and are now basically claiming that I'm somehow on a wise woman-hunt to kick you to the curb.

Earlier, in response to me voicing my profound distaste for you saying things like the site's reviews "can't be trusted" you said "I am being silenced". Well, clearly that isn't the case because you're still here, still posting, and absolutely nothing has been done to you to justify such a statement.

In my view all that is classic trolling in that you are repeatedly distorting the truth in order to draw attention to yourself and foment discontent with forum management and moderation. Trolls get the boot and that has been my message throughout.

As it happens I have taken the time to look back at some of your previous posts and I see two things:
  1. you've said the same and worse about our Ratings in the past.
  2. you have been a good contributor to the site since you joined and that well earns you the right to take a stand on something like the Ratings and be heard.
Someone else pointed out that I was perhaps a little OTT here and they're not wrong.

So, yes, we will be flagging stuff of yours that deserves a Warning BUT only going forward: now that you know pretty clearly I think what the problem is there should be no confusion about it down the road. To level the playing field I will cancel your current Warning but leave it on the record for future reference, should that prove necessary.

And now to the central issue here, which perhaps would have been a better choice from the beginning: our Ratings. Frankly there has been a record of player "discomfort" with our Ratings for some time now and they're not alone, we haven't been too happy with them either. To that end our Ratings are undergoing a major revision, well under way I can say, the details of which will be posted in the near future. Hopefully you will then be inclined to step up and tell us what exactly you feel needs to be done to ensure that our Ratings are "to be trusted".
 
Last edited:

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2026-10-02 at 15-06-08 Bluntly Honest Online Casino Reviews & Ratings (2026).webp
    Screenshot 2026-10-02 at 15-06-08 Bluntly Honest Online Casino Reviews & Ratings (2026).webp
    41.5 KB · Views: 13
I can't reply on there but looked at the casino reviews page and was wondering if the first one is really rated 1.0 or is that a mistake?

The review doesn't read like it would be that low but maybe it is. Anyway just wondering or FYI if it is a mistake.
Could be correct as it's operated by ProgressPlay. 🤣
 
I can't reply on there but looked at the casino reviews page and was wondering if the first one is really rated 1.0 or is that a mistake?

The review doesn't read like it would be that low but maybe it is. Anyway just wondering or FYI if it is a mistake.
Quite right, that looks like it got borked somehow, I'll follow up on Monday.
 
I can't reply on there but looked at the casino reviews page and was wondering if the first one is really rated 1.0 or is that a mistake?

The review doesn't read like it would be that low but maybe it is. Anyway just wondering or FYI if it is a mistake.
It's a slightly excessive score for one of the new Crypto sites I think.
 
Hello,

This exact situation has just happened to me last night, 30 mins after I logged out someone managed to get into my account and withdraw my balance to a bank account which is not mine!

First I knew is when I seen the withdrawal email this morning and sure enough after logging in my balance is gone.

I contacted VS straight away and they have since locked down my account and are looking into it, I did manage to change my password before hand but a bit too late I guess.

I actually just came on here to have a look and see if anyone had been in the same situation and this was the first thread I seen!

Glad the OP got his money back, fingers cross I get the same result.
 
Hello,

This exact situation has just happened to me last night, 30 mins after I logged out someone managed to get into my account and withdraw my balance to a bank account which is not mine!

First I knew is when I seen the withdrawal email this morning and sure enough after logging in my balance is gone.

I contacted VS straight away and they have since locked down my account and are looking into it, I did manage to change my password before hand but a bit too late I guess.

I actually just came on here to have a look and see if anyone had been in the same situation and this was the first thread I seen!

Glad the OP got his money back, fingers cross I get the same result.

🥸

So to be clear they managed to add a new payment/withdrawal method to your VS account, and clear out the account to that newly added method, and the first you heard was the email informing you about the withdrawal?
 
🥸

So to be clear they managed to add a new payment/withdrawal method to your VS account, and clear out the account to that newly added method, and the first you heard was the email informing you about the withdrawal?
Yep pretty much!

I only ever use PayPal to deposit/withdraw. I don't have a bank account linked to my account.
My money was withdrawn to a Lloyds bank account from what I could see.

In hindsight I wish I had taken some screenshots.

I also noticed my account had been accessed via a PC. I only play on my android mobile.

Hopefully these details work in my favour...
 
Wow. Shocking. Was the withdrawal for your entire balance exactly? The full amount, or was some left over?

I also deposit with PayPal but when I go withdraw on VS it only lets me withdraw to PayPal. It doesn't even let me set up another payment method. It is very confusing how this happens.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20261005-211422.webp
    Screenshot_20261005-211422.webp
    172.9 KB · Views: 15
Although I'd wind it back a step from there and say 'Hopefully VS can stop this from happening since there's clearly a weakness in their systems'.

I've checked the calendar and it's definitely 2026 and yet somehow MFA still isn't a thing there.
 
Wow. Shocking. Was the withdrawal for your entire balance exactly? The full amount, or was some left over?

I also deposit with PayPal but when I go withdraw on VS it only lets me withdraw to PayPal. It doesn't even let me set up another payment method. It is very confusing how this happens.
I think they kindly left me 12p 😄

I've never tried to withdraw to anywhere else but I would have thought there would be some hoops to jump through before you did set up a new payment/withdraw method as someone has already mentioned.

We will see if I hear anything today and keep you all updated.
 
Wow. Shocking. Was the withdrawal for your entire balance exactly? The full amount, or was some left over?

I also deposit with PayPal but when I go withdraw on VS it only lets me withdraw to PayPal. It doesn't even let me set up another payment method. It is very confusing how this happens.
I think they kindly left me 12p 😄

I've never tried to withdraw to anywhere else but I would have thought there would be some hoops to jump through before you did set up a new payment/withdraw method as someone has already mentioned.

We will see if I hear anything today and keep you all updated
Well hopefully with it being withdrawn to an actual bank account they will be able to find out to WHO.

Yes this is what I'm thinking, hopefully easy to trace!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Accredited Casinos

Back
Top