Neteller backlog on EFT deposits

OddJack

Dormant account
Anyone else noticed a slowdown/backlog on Neteller's ability to process ACH/EFT deposits? Used to be that funds are available for use within 5 days from deposit. I made a deposit on 9/22 and up to now it still shows as pending on my account - same thing happened last month - I have called Neteller 3 times already and they keep on saying, the next day it will definitely be available.

Neteller's support seems to have a backlog, too.
- there's also a terribly long queque on Neteller's phone support (I'm on hold right now while I'm posting this)
- e-mail support is also inconsistent - I fired up two emails with no replies, not even confirmations.

anyone else experiencing what looks like a drop in Neteller's service/quality?

thanks.

on the 7th business day (today) she tells me that it will take another couple of days before my EFT is available. Apparently their 3rd party EFT processor is taking an extra 5 days to process the deposit.

anyone else experiencing this slowdown? is this an effect of the recently passed bill already?

not to mention that the CS rep was totally rude - she was laughing and giggling - and no apologies, too.

where is Neteller's call center located nowadays?

to their credit, my wait on live chat was under 10 minutes today and the agent was professional even if my minor issue wasn't solved.

Old Attachment (Invalid)

I noticed it too and it's startin to mess with my memory of what I need to have available in my banking account...:mad:

Sometimes it takes a weeka nd a half to process a transaction which is just unacceptable..

Any other online banking methods that are reccommended besides neteller ?

I have my Neteller set to $150 InstaCash every 7 days. My efts are always hitting my bank the next business day, so there has been no back log for me. My InstaCash is permanently set and will not increase. I keep it like this just in case something happens that can screw it up.

On the up side.... I initiated member transfers with ease just like before and additionally I also eft'd the balance back to my bank account which appeared in my bank the next business day.

I can't say that I've had any out of the ordinary problems with Neteller except that sometimes I can't log in.

Cooky

to their credit, my wait on live chat was under 10 minutes today and the agent was professional even if my minor issue wasn't solved.

Old Attachment (Invalid)

That's not quite true. When Neteller validate a bank account they make a very small EFT and ask the recipient to say how much it was for. This is of the order of a few pence, or cents, so they CAN do an EFT for $1.99 if they put their mind to it, they may need to do it manually though.

You should have blanked out the answer to your validation question too, it is of the same order of sensitivity as the password.

You should have blanked out the answer to your validation question too, it is of the same order of sensitivity as the password.

Bit late now...Still definately worth reminding :thumbsup:

Good spot btw vinylweatherman, here is me thinking "what a strange conversation, why would a Neteller CSR ask such a silly question...lol

Hey it's past 4am here.

if you look very closely you may notice a slight distinction in the font and colour of "yorkshire pudding" from my other answers.

and for you silly folks across the pond who have never had yorkshire pudding: it's not a desert (or a dessert).

EFT still pending as of today. the funny thing is phone CSR's reactions seem like these delays just normal. there is nothing the customer can do but wait.

if you look very closely you may notice a slight distinction in the font and colour of "yorkshire pudding" from my other answers.

and for you silly folks across the pond who have never had yorkshire pudding: it's not a desert (or a dessert).
This whole time, I didn't realize that the dessert thing was your security question. I could tell that the yorkshire pudding was doctored (which, by the way, I am about to go look up to see what that is), but I thought you were, I don't know, hitting on the customer service rep or something... she asked you what you like for dessert, and that's a pretty unusual thing to be asked by a representative of a financial company... that's why I found it funny... LMAO

Anyway... to the question at hand, I haven't experienced any EFT delays which are longer than usual. My ongoing gripe with Neteller is with their InstaCash and the ridiculous length of time between when they debit my bank account (the next day) and when it clears on their end (the next week). Surely that can be improved. But since it has always been this way for me, I can't say that I have noticed any transactions taking longer than normal.

Yeah you would not want some one getting ur $1.99. Also my mother made the best yorkshire pudding and we are not even english. Best thing she ever made. It does however need to be made in the beef roast pan with all the drippings and fat. quite execellent. Also my mum never cooks any more.

my EFT deposit on Sept. 22 finally cleared on Oct. 12 - WHEW! I've immediately taken the rest of my balance off of NTLR - aside from the backlog - their customer service quality has really dropped - incompetent and impolite.

this is the time for Moneybookers and Click2Pay to rise to the occassion.

Neteller must be getting slammed since the gambling bill got pushed through.

their call level certainly shot-up unexpectedly and any live cs system would be stressed by that. I've worked in customer service areas before and this sort of burden inevitably leads to long hours and often unrealistic expectations of the phone staff. a lot of the calls are gamblers in a total panic about losing their balance (possibly rude?) and that leads to frazzled cs agents with a short fuse.

it sucks when you get poor service, but it's rather unrealistic to expect their service to be top-shelf given the current circumstances.

Just for the record, Neteller has ALWAYS given me premium no questions asked service so I would have to agree with TB that they are quite swamped with the mass panic in the US regarding the new bill. Give them some time to get thier bearings, I would trust them over all the other processors no holds barred which makes me not mind the fees at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back