Need to reach MicroGaming

nanana

Dormant account
I have a dispute with GamingClub and have not been able to get about $800 released from them. They say that MicroGaming closed an account and will not give me any of the winnings. This is not your normal situation of anything scammy. I am an affiliate and was attempting to help a friend set up an account on my puter when the two accounts got linked.

My alias and my neteller funded an account that they say belonged to my friend. After months of going back and forth and explaining the same thing over and over, I got a reply that the decision was final and they would not reply to any more emails.

I just want to contact MicroGaming directly if they have my money, but it is impossible to reach them from their website, and the poker site will not respond. HELP, please!

This is not your normal situation of anything scammy. I am an affiliate and was attempting to help a friend set up an account on my puter when the two accounts got linked.

My alias and my neteller funded an account that they say belonged to my friend.
Oh dear! The bit I bolded is the big no-no here, with the way Prima works this is always likely to present problems.
Though how they 'accidentally' got linked & 'accidentally' deposited money from your Neteller to the other account does stretch the imagination somewhat...

From my experience, you have zero chance of contacting MG directly, you HAVE to go through the operator.

I guess your last hope is to politely ask the Meister for help, via a PAB...

yeah, but it wasn't anything scammy...we both work in the same office and mine was the new laptop that everyone wanted to use, sigh. He started to make the account and gave up when he couldn't remember what email he might have used in the past, then I redownloaded and thought I made my own account and used my own alias and neteller.

Everything was fine for several days or even weeks before they notified me that there was any problem and then I played for a while before they closed the account. I didn't think it would be a problem but it dragged on and on and they didn't even mention that it was a problem cashing out the whole amount until today. They were just going to refund my original deposit and not about $800 in profit.

I really want to know who is keeping the money, prima or the poker site. Because if it is the poker site, of course they don't want to forward the real story to prima, sigh!

Logical

yeah, but it wasn't anything scammy...we both work in the same office and mine was the new laptop that everyone wanted to use, sigh. He started to make the account and gave up when he couldn't remember what email he might have used in the past, then I redownloaded and thought I made my own account and used my own alias and neteller.

Everything was fine for several days or even weeks before they notified me that there was any problem and then I played for a while before they closed the account. I didn't think it would be a problem but it dragged on and on and they didn't even mention that it was a problem cashing out the whole amount until today. They were just going to refund my original deposit and not about $800 in profit.

I really want to know who is keeping the money, prima or the poker site. Because if it is the poker site, of course they don't want to forward the real story to prima, sigh!

You have probably had it.
What may seem a perfectly reasonable thing to be allowed to do is a very big NO in the world of online poker. They have decreed that whenever they find accounts linked in this way, it is 100% proof of player fraud, or a failed attempt at player fraud. Even if no fraud ever takes place, they will confiscate the funds and close the account because they are sh1t scared of it getting well known how vulnerable online poker is to certain types of fraud because of the multi-player environment. In this case, they have already found you guilty of setting up two accounts to use as your own, and your claims of it being "a friend" are simply seen as your attempt to wriggle out of being busted. The more you protest, the guiltier you are. If you provide documents to prove your friend really exists, they will then say you roped in a friend to help you out in order to get away with it.
Even using the same office would have given the same problem, it didn't need to be the same laptop. What the poker sites cannot grasp is that this is having the opposite effect to that intended, as players are still worried about bots and collaboration, but now have to worry about suddenly finding their accounts locked and all poker funds confiscated on a whim. Poker affiliates should NEVER refer their friends, unless they have a good number of other accounts through their websites already. If an affiliates portfolio just looks like a bunch of friends, all the accounts could well find themselves locked out for suspected collaboration, which in poker is cheating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back