My Parrot Jake

P.V.

Dormant Account
webmeister
Thought some of you might get a kick out of this. It's a short video of Jake tonight trying to get my attention.

If you listen close, in the beginning he's saying my first name over, over, Mark.

This guys a hoot, thought I would share. :D

BTW - I'm a big animal lover if anyone else has videos please share!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well in the meantime here is a parrot joke......

GOT ANY GRAPES?

One day a parrot walked up to the counter inside a convenience store. The parrot said to the clerk "Got any grapes?"
"No" replied the store clerk. The parrot smiled and walked out the door. A little while later the parrot returned and asked "Got any grapes?" The clerk replied "No! I already told you 15 minutes ago, i don't have any grapes!"

The parrot smiled and once again walked out of the store. Ten minutes later, the parrot returned and asked once again "Got any grapes?" The irate clerk yelled "No! We didn't have any, we don't have any and we're not going to have any! If you come back in here again, i'm going to nail your feet to the floor!" The parrot smiled and walked out the door. Later that day the parrot returned and asked "Got any nails?" The clerk said "NO!". The parrot replied "Good. Got any grapes?"

awww I love birds! And my dog's name is Jake so your bird is extra special. :)

I have a video of my Jake but I have to figure out how to make it smaller - I'm clueless when it comes to that stuff.

awww I love birds! And my dog's name is Jake so your bird is extra special. :)

I have a video of my Jake but I have to figure out how to make it smaller - I'm clueless when it comes to that stuff.

I uploaded this one to You Tube, didn't want to publish it, quality isn't that good, so by mistake made it private. Although i figured out you can upload to You Tube and get a link to share in forums like CM. This way it's not private nor published on You Tube.

You might could try that. :)

I loved it!

I used to have a Amazon - Blue Crown, his name was Pokey and he talked as yours does, very well. He died several years ago, some kind of freaky virus. I still miss him. :(

Is Jake an Amazon, I couldn't be sure from the video? If so, what kind? If I was going to venture a guess, a yellow crown?

I loved it!

I used to have a Amazon - Blue Crown, his name was Pokey and he talked as yours does, very well. He died several years ago, some kind of freaky virus. I still miss him. :(

Is Jake an Amazon, I couldn't be sure from the video? If so, what kind? If I was going to venture a guess, a yellow crown?

Sorry for your loss and I bet you do miss him/her!

Jake is a double yellow headed Amazon with a vocabulary of about 75 words to date.

The guy goes silent whenever I try to film him with my phone, smart bird, sorry about the poor video.

Link:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

I'll add a better pic when he's out chilling outside his cage.

Last edited:
Jake is quite an attention seeker :)

I used to have a cat who was a master at getting my attention. It was mainly when he was hungry or wanted some warmth and I always fell for it, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back