My heart breaks on today's "music"

everybody has a different taste. i was never a fan of Abba or all this c*** we had in the 80s

There will always be good musicians and musicianship, no matter what decade we live in. Yet as for the overall quality of mainstream, chart-type music that's all but gone. The days of say the top 40 being chocca with top notch artists vying for the No.1 spot are a distant memory.

These days you'll find artists churning out songs in ultra rapid succession, often releasing most of their album's content as opposed to three or four standout tracks. You also feel this is done to accommodate the video's production and emphasize the artist's visual appeal way more than any song craftsmanship. It's more about the videos with yoday's yoof :(

I studied music at college so I know what I'm talking about ok :laugh::oops:

But for those GoT buffs out there, they must have heard of Ramin Djawadi. In fact he came to prominence on other tv works before but has crafted some classics on that show in particular. Take away the fantasy elves and buxom wenches from the show and you have yourself quite the composer.

Here's a personal favourite of mine, though it ties in better with the context of that show's specific episode:

So there you have it, another super-talented German Iranian wowing the musical world. I'd like to think he still has some way of emulating my life's achievements, mind :laugh::eek:

you have no clue. we have fantastic music nowadays . you just need to find it.

if you listen to Mainstream sh** you´ll not find it.
That is so true, but the really good stuff doesn't get any airplay because the corporate cartel has it all sewn up, and woe betide any poor talented schmuck who signs up with a major label; they shall inevitably find themselves sucked dry and thrown on the scrap heap, bankrupt and with a serious drug problem, if they are lucky enough to survive the experience at all.

Fortunately, with the wonders of broadband internet at our fingertips, we now have an infinite choice, let's hope it stays that way.

That is so true, but the really good stuff doesn't get any airplay because the corporate cartel has it all sewn up, and woe betide any poor talented schmuck who signs up with a major label; they shall inevitably find themselves sucked dry and thrown on the scrap heap, bankrupt and with a serious drug problem, if they are lucky enough to survive the experience at all.

Fortunately, with the wonders of broadband internet at our fingertips, we now have an infinite choice, let's hope it stays that way.

Like finding guys like this?

Anyone here fond of the musical sub-genre of Jazz, known simply as....

Jizz? :what:

Yes, it does exist and yes it passed me by all these years.

From Wikipedia:

Jizz was an upbeat, swinging genre of Outdated URL (Invalid), most notably performed by Outdated URL (Invalid) and the Outdated URL (Invalid). Other notable jizz bands included Outdated URL (Invalid), Outdated URL (Invalid), Outdated URL (Invalid), Outdated URL (Invalid), and Outdated URL (Invalid).

Subgenres of jizz included Outdated URL (Invalid), Outdated URL (Invalid), and Outdated URL (Invalid). Also, the music form Outdated URL (Invalid) was reminiscent of, or in some ways similar to, jizz.

So there you have it. Why lament modern pop when there's still a bucketload of jizz floating about, somewhere :eek::laugh:

Anyone here fond of the musical sub-genre of Jazz, known simply as....

Jizz? :what:

Yes, it does exist and yes it passed me by all these years.

From Wikipedia:

Jizz was an upbeat, swinging genre of Outdated URL (Invalid), most notably performed by Outdated URL (Invalid) and the Outdated URL (Invalid). Other notable jizz bands included Outdated URL (Invalid), Outdated URL (Invalid), Outdated URL (Invalid), Outdated URL (Invalid), and Outdated URL (Invalid).

Subgenres of jizz included Outdated URL (Invalid), Outdated URL (Invalid), and Outdated URL (Invalid). Also, the music form Outdated URL (Invalid) was reminiscent of, or in some ways similar to, jizz.

So there you have it. Why lament modern pop when there's still a bucketload of jizz floating about, somewhere :eek::laugh:
Yes I have come across it but its too in your face for my liking

The melody on this is spectacular, those ethereal pads are rather nice too.

And this one is a nice journey too.

Last edited:
I absolutely love these guys - I need music I can lose myself in; music that takes me on a journey through heart and mind and soul. A combination of melody, feeling, passion and lyrics (although the latter is not essential).

On that note...I need a drink, so I will raise you with Southern Comfort, and Ry Cooder.

Check out Innersync - Return Of The Elves I posted if you like a musical journey, put your seat belt on. it's fantastic, Trance always gets a bad rep, those people that hate on it, are missing
out on amazing music!

This applies to most commercial music.

Old Attachment (Invalid)

I was driving home from the grocery store today and all I can say is most of the music on the radio is absolute garbage. I was shuffling around stations to try and find something to listen to and all it was is music like Drake and some other god awful music.

I shut off the radio and had a nice quiet drive home

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back