My dislike for RTG slots...

johnsteed

Dormant Account
I wonder if anyone else out there shares the same experience with me at RTG slots. While I find some of RTG software quite fun, especially Aztec Treasure (which to me, is almost on par with Tombraider and Thunderstruck), I wonder if other posters experience sudden stops on the spins that are out of character from the way the game usually plays-out. I was starting to really love like this game, but it "seems" as though the spins are very unnatural. I can't tell you how many times today where the spins should have likely landed on a scatter, but came up one short. Of course, this happens all the time, but it's the way the spins are suddenly stopping (uncharacteristically). At the same time, when the spins should stop, sometimes, they get this second wind (again, not typical). It's too bad, because I was starting to thoroughly enjoy RTG games again, but I'm not pumping in another dime. I went 90 minutes yesterday without a free spin, and another hour today. :eek: :eek2: :what: Unlucky? Sure. Something says that I should stay the f**k away if I go 2 and a half hours without 1 free spin. I'm trying not to gripe too much these days, but I was just wondering if others are sharing the same experience with RTG slots.

RTG Slots

I love them personally. Too much. I feel like if they aren't hitting at least little hits every few spins, then even getting a bonus round is going to get you much so I play something else. Also, if the random meter is running fast, it seems to be in suck mode. Just my feeling, I really don't know if there's anything to it at all, but I've played them for hours on end and that's the way it seems to me.

My favorite glitch is the "flick" or hesitation you get when you are going to get the bonus round in Prince of Sherwood. Hope they never fix that.

Ivy29 said:
My favorite glitch is the "flick" or hesitation you get when you are going to get the bonus round in Prince of Sherwood. Hope they never fix that.
You're the only person I've heard off who likes this 'quirk'.
I think it totally spoils the game as there's no excitement if you get 2 scatters on the first 2 or 3 reels, but you already know there is zero chance of hitting a third one. :(

??

How slow is your computer, because that anticipation for the third reel only lasts half a second for me. Whatever.

johnsteed said:
I went 90 minutes yesterday without a free spin, and another hour today. :eek: :eek2: :what: Unlucky? Sure. Something says that I should stay the f**k away if I go 2 and a half hours without 1 free spin. I'm trying not to gripe too much these days, but I was just wondering if others are sharing the same experience with RTG slots.

I like them.

I learned from another poster here to move on if a slot doesn't hit very soon, after a few spins. I have done this and find it useful. They are streaky - all slots are streaky. I try to enter on a winning streak, so I spin a few times and if I don't win I move to the next one.

Now my problem is just timely withdrawal. :p

dominique said:
I like them.

I learned from another poster here to move on if a slot doesn't hit very soon, after a few spins. I have done this and find it useful. They are streaky - all slots are streaky. I try to enter on a winning streak, so I spin a few times and if I don't win I move to the next one.

Now my problem is just timely withdrawal. :p
You know that a slot machine where there is any correlation between the outcome of past spins and future spins is a cheating slot machine? So you are assuming that they are?

I frankly do not think that man can create anything totally random.

I think we can try and we can do very well simulating randomness.

But yes, somehow I have trouble believing in any true randomness created by a human.

That does not mean the machines are cheating. They are very finely tuned and simulating randomness as best as humans can.

Slotplayers are like Pavlov's dog, almost by definition. The human mind is always trying to make sense of things. We need rhyme and reason. We look for repetative patterns in everything, and in many things it helps us adjust to our environment.

Why to people fail to cashout when they are ahead? Because they believe that the previous pattern will repeat itself. So they expect more winnings.

People say machines are hot or cold. Everyone playing slots says that.

I think different slots games are "weighted" differently. Some spit out many small wins, some don't hit very often but hit big. They have the same payout rate, they are just weighted differently. The small win ones just slowly fritter your money away. The ones that rarely hit count on you sitting there and trying and trying and trying.

That is what I will not do. If machines I know to be set to hit rarely but big do not hit within a few spins, I move on. It could well be that the next spin is a hit, but odds are it's not.

Slots are set to a certain payout rate, and they have different rhythms. Different personality types will prefer one or the other type of slot.

It's just entertainment, you can't take slots so seriously. You can have fun playing as a past time or relaxation, and maybe you'll even win something.

dominique said:
I frankly do not think that man can create anything totally random.

I think we can try and we can do very well simulating randomness.

But yes, somehow I have trouble believing in any true randomness created by a human.

That does not mean the machines are cheating. They are very finely tuned and simulating randomness as best as humans can.
It's not hard to make a (pseudo)random number generator that generate numbers that are perfectly uncorrelated for all practical purposes.

Slotplayers are like Pavlov's dog, almost by definition. The human mind is always trying to make sense of things. We need rhyme and reason. We look for repetative patterns in everything, and in many things it helps us adjust to our environment.

Why to people fail to cashout when they are ahead? Because they believe that the previous pattern will repeat itself. So they expect more winnings.

People say machines are hot or cold. Everyone playing slots says that.
You explained it yourself. The reason that the human mind sees "patterns" is because that's what the human mind naturally tries to do. Not that there is a pattern to be found. People see images and faces in clouds too. That doesn't mean clouds are shaped to look like faces.

If machines I know to be set to hit rarely but big do not hit within a few spins, I move on. It could well be that the next spin is a hit, but odds are it's not.
Yes, the odds are bad, but the odds doesn't change.

raol said:
The reason that the human mind sees "patterns" is because that's what the human mind naturally tries to do. Not that there is a pattern to be found. People see images and faces in clouds too. That doesn't mean clouds are shaped to look like faces.

I think this is one of things that makes slots fun. Taking it to extremes is bad (you could end up broke or like the guy from pi), but leaving "cold" machines in search of "hot" ones is half the fun of playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back