Missed you guys

Adriana B

Meister Member
Hey. Have not been on here for months. Horrible losses at the beginning of the year but the biggest loss happened to me a few weeks ago. Lost my sweet Mommy. Crazy how life can be. She was healthy as a horse in May and her ankle started to swell up. It later moved up to her leg. They were looking for things in all the wrong places thinking it was a blood clot. Had numerous CT scans, blood work, ultrasounds, MRI's. Been running around like an idiot for the last few months. Turned out she had cancer all over her body and it just ravaged her body. The last few weeks were the most painful weeks I will ever remember. However, when I stayed with her at the hospice she all of a sudden jumped up and said "my little girl" and stroked my face. I will never forget that. Anyway, we all know that life goes on so I am trying to get back to normal. Really missed you guys and am glad to be back.

Oh Barbara, so sad to hear this. My deepest condolances and wishing you lots of strength with this unexpected loss.

Welcome back.

Aw Barb, such sad news - really sorry to hear this and hope you can stay strong and time heals for you, even just a little bit, day at a time....

Did wonder where you were when you first disappeared and good to see you back on the forum.

Wish your return was in happier circumstances and genuinely thinking of you at this very sad time.

Take care

I am so, so sorry to hear this.

The loss of our parents always leaves a void so deep and dark that it is almost impossible to imagine there will ever be light in your world again, even though every day the sun still rises, and still sets. And one day the sun's warmth will touch your life again.

“There is a land of the living and a land of the dead and the bridge is love, the only survival, the only meaning.” Thornton Wilder.

These are the kind of moments we all dread out entire lives, knowing full well they will come on day. Still, nothing can prepare us when that moment has arrived. I remember my mom passing away so unexpectedly nearly one year ago. Tough days.

My sincere condolences!

Sorry to hear Barbara, must have been a very difficult time for you and your family the past few months. Good to see you back :)

Thanks for all your warm condolences. I guess we have to accept that this is part of life. My Dad died 11 years ago of cancer so she did very well for herself living a healthy and happy life seeing her 6 grandchildren grow up.

Thanks again and I am really glad to be back!

Hey Barbara,

I am sorry for your loss and wish you all the best in the coming time.
Life is so unfair sometimes. :-(

But I also want to welcome you back here and maybe if you are stuck you can always talk to someone here. :)

I’m sorry to hear about this, Barbara. I lost my grandmother in April. She had been in fragile health from the summer of 2016 on. She was devastated by the loss of her two younger brothers and started starving herself. She hurt her humerus bone on New Year’s Day 2017 but recovered. In 2018, she had a mild heart attack, a hernia problem and a bad cold and was hospitalized for each. She then suffered a stroke on April 10 and died 10 days later. I can relate to losing a close one recently.

At least she lived long enough to able to see her third great-grandchild.

It always hurts losing a loved one but it is the natural evolution of life. Sometimes a few years too soon unfortunately. I would not be able to bear the pain of losing a child. That is something that I could never overcome or comprehend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back