MG (Prima) rng gone crazy?

winbig

Keep winning this amount.
What's the odds of someone at a full 10 seat table getting jj, jj, qq, qq in 4 consecutive hands (In that order)? Never seen that before....very weird!

edit:

Unfortunately playcheck is down, so I can't post any SS's.

nice hand

Ya for Prima, im not surprised. I play alot online and Prima seemed to always be the one with the worst beats. I have gotten to where I only play sit n go's and tournaments because the crazy players in cash games always hold that over into a tournament. Don't know the statistics but I would consider it to be very very small.

Good Luck
Joe

Ya for Prima, im not surprised. I play alot online and Prima seemed to always be the one with the worst beats. I have gotten to where I only play sit n go's and tournaments because the crazy players in cash games always hold that over into a tournament. Don't know the statistics but I would consider it to be very very small.

Good Luck
Joe

Yep I've seen the same.....

But this is more about the astronomical (I believe) odds of having 4 consecutive starting hands of jj jj qq qq in that exact order...;) I wish playcheck was up so I could see if they were the same suits or not, as I really didn't notice it till the back to back qq hands.

pretty good $2500 freeroll tomorrow 3 p.m. EST at Dream......i assume it will be 5000 players but half them won't even show up.

what's the deal with all these $1,000 freerolls every day on Prima......is that real money or some sort of "bonus bucks" scheme?

pretty good $2500 freeroll tomorrow 3 p.m. EST at Dream......i assume it will be 5000 players but half them won't even show up.

what's the deal with all these $1,000 freerolls every day on Prima......is that real money or some sort of "bonus bucks" scheme?

Nah it won't be 5k....Dream is big, but not that big yet. Maybe 3k tops.

The $1k freerolls, they're real money. Be warned though, only play if:

1) You're already bald.
2) Have plenty of extra mice/keyboards around.
3) Your neighbors can't hear you easily.

Because:

1) You'll be pulling your hair out
2) You'll want to throw/break things
3) You'll be screaming at the person on the other end of your monitor.

All of this because of the muppet festival that's in town, and always playing the prima freerolls ;)

I forgot #4) You enjoy consistantly losing to 13+:1 underdogs on the river....

hehe...

ps: Most, if not all, of the prima rooms don't have a raked hands requirement to clear freeroll winnings. Just be sure to check the T&C...

Last edited:
yaknow, after tomorrow, fck prima. I've had enough bad beats from this site to last a lifetime. I'm already registered for that $2500 freeroll tomorrow, and after that, that's it....plenty of action elsewhere to make up for not playing there anymore.

I swear to god the prima network has the luckiest worst players around, unless you're playing high stakes.

Prima is a fine site to play on. I did 2bb per 100 hands at the 1/2 and 2/4 limits there when that was my place of choice.

Yep I've seen the same.....

But this is more about the astronomical (I believe) odds of having 4 consecutive starting hands of jj jj qq qq in that exact order...;) I wish playcheck was up so I could see if they were the same suits or not, as I really didn't notice it till the back to back qq hands.

What are the odds?
The same odds as any other run of 4 hands.

Yes it is surprising - but it only realy registers because its memorable. Would you have even noticed if it was 72, 82, 72, 38 ?

I make the chances of an exact hand repeating (same cards and suits) as 0.07% which sounds low but still happens 1 time each 13000 hands.

Now if it's just pairs then the chances are (4/52) * (3/51) = which is a stagerring 0.4525% chance which means it could happen every 221 hands.
:rolleyes:

so to get two sets of repeating pairs would be roughly (221 * 221) or 1 in 48,841 hands. Unlikely sure - but not impossible.

To put this in perspective :
People win the lottery every week at odds of millions to 1. The fact that SOMEONE wins is not amazing if you allow for jackpot weeks then someone probably wins in evedry second draw - that is not the million to 1 chance.

But if you actually nominated who the winner was - then that's millions to 1.

In Summary
Iif you're actually looking for JJ, JJ then QQ, QQ and see it then it's nearly a 50,000-1 chance.

But if you are just watching an notice something unusual - then no I don't see it as a sign of a broken RNG.
:thumbsup:

-------------------------

Oh - that was my first post here - I'll shut up and observe for a while now
Promise !!
:D

heads up at Prima

i found $2 in my account at Dream so I was playing some $1 + .20 heads-up matches. these scandinavian players are unbelievable.....it doesn't matter what amount I bet, if they have a pair or any sort of draw, they will call.

it's pretty funny.....except for when they suck one out of course.

All of this because of the muppet festival that's in town, and always playing the prima freerolls ;)

what's a muppet in poker? (no simmo jokes please)

i don't think i've yet to be called a muppet but I've now seen it mentioned a few different places. For some reason it's not listed on any of the poker glossaries.

if nobody here knows the answer i'll have to find out where "winbig" is being held and post his bail.

bump....bump....bump

yo wasabi dudes!

anybody got that muppet answer yet?

either I'm having a good run of cards or I'm getting the hang of how to manage these calling station scandinavian players. i've been playing mostly omaha lately so probably I'd still lose at hold'em. not much sit n go traffic on prima of course so I was mostly doing $2 SNGs. I moved "up" to $5 SNGs and found that there are actually fewer good players at these than at the $2.

i won two in a row today so Phil Helmuth can kiss my pasty white buttocks. (that goes for you too Ferguson...you donkey!)

lol

Actually I was thrown in jail down in atlantic city for stealing (not literally, but it sure felt like it) everyone's money at Caesars & Bally's playing 1/2NL....:D I wish you could have posted my bail, but I was too busy trying to stay away from my cellmate, Bubba. Even so, I don't think I could have smuggled a laptop in by stuffing it up my....err yea.

But on a (half) serious note, I've been busy at school, so I've had a good reason not to be online...

As for 'muppet', it's just another term for donkey in my book. ;) If anyone has an in-depth meaning of it for the poker world, feel free to share it with us!

i keep getting sucked out on by this mega-donk on prima. i think he may be the hugest muppet i've yet to encounter. i think his username is something like beaston72. the guy is amazing. i don't know how he sleeps at night?

i keep getting sucked out on by this mega-donk on prima. i think he may be the hugest muppet i've yet to encounter. i think his username is something like beaston72. the guy is amazing. i don't know how he sleeps at night?

lmao....yep, I'm the largest fish ever known to poker!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back