Lingerie Football League

Diane

Ueber Meister
Wanting to share with my online friends;

My daughter, Annie Erler #19 is the Quarterback for the Green Bay Chill. This is their first year as an expansion team in the LFL. Women's tackle football league. Games are televised every Friday night on cable station MTV2 at 9pm Central

It was announced a short while ago that out of approximately 250 players, my daughter is one of 5 nominated for ROOKIE OF THE YEAR. Comments included "A legend after only 3 games" and "Singlehandedly beat Chicago in Chicago"

Besides her personal nomination the Green Bay Chill were nominated for Team of the Year.

Awesome recognition for a first year QB and first year team.

Final game is Saturday night 1/21/12 in Las Vegas against the unbeaten LV team.

One proud mama

Diane

Wanting to share with my online friends;

My daughter, Annie Erler #19 is the Quarterback for the Green Bay Chill. This is their first year as an expansion team in the LFL. Women's tackle football league. Games are televised every Friday night on cable station MTV2 at 9pm Central

It was announced a short while ago that out of approximately 250 players, my daughter is one of 5 nominated for ROOKIE OF THE YEAR. Comments included "A legend after only 3 games" and "Singlehandedly beat Chicago in Chicago"

Besides her personal nomination the Green Bay Chill were nominated for Team of the Year.

Awesome recognition for a first year QB and first year team.

Final game is Saturday night 1/21/12 in Las Vegas against the unbeaten LV team.

One proud mama

Diane

Best Wishes for the final showdown.

[video=vimeo;30331253]http://vimeo.com/30331253[/video]

For those of you who have no clue (like me) what LFL is. Looks pretty cool :p

EDIT: This is Chill's last game I believe, vs Chicago

GO ANNIE!!!

She's a real cutie too :)

Thanks! She is beautiful inside and out. Here is the article that was written about her as a result of her nomination for Rookie of the Year.

____________________________________________________________________________________

MURPHY: ERLER, CHILL TRULY EARNS LFL AWARDS NOMINATIONS
By: Pat Murphy (LFL360.com)
Photo courtesy: Joe Petro, Mike McGinnis/LFL PHOTOS
Anne Erler and the Green Bay Chill have arrived.
Erler, Green Bay’s fearless quarterback and unquestioned leader, has been nominated for LFL Rookie of the Year. The Chill, meanwhile, earned a nomination for Team of the Year despite expansion status.
The Chill are 1-2 but have exceeded expectations as an expansion team. Green Bay lost a 28-25 heartbreaker to the Minnesota Valkyrie and were beaten by the Seattle Mist 42-8 before rebounding to defeat the Chicago Bliss 36-34 in the most exciting game of the 2011 LFL season. The nomination, however, goes beyond the walls.
“To start from nothing and go to this nomination means that all of our hard work on and off the field is paying off,” said Chill middle linebacker Rykki Casey. “I think all of the girls on the team have dedicated their lives to this thing we call LFL football.”
Indeed, the team in the smallest market in the LFL has proven that despite the disadvantages of a limited talent pool and lesser opportunities to play football, a team that has chemistry and works hard can succeed. From Head Coach Gilbert Brown and his staff to the players and support personnel led by Market Manager Mike Garsow, effort has been the key to success – no matter the record.
The team overcame on-field adversity as well. Injuries pounded the squad and the Chill played a brutal earlyschedule, including back-to-back games against Seattle and Chicago shortly after they opened the season against the Valkyrie. Multiple players without any experience have been forced to play both sides of the ball and do it in a limited timeframe.
“It shows the Chill are a fighting team,” center Ashley Rumsey said. “We came from a devastating loss to the Mist and turned around to beat the Bliss the next week.”
The Las Vegas Sin, Philadelphia Passion and Baltimore Charm were nominated with Seattle and Green Bay.
Erler has been the key behind the Chill’s surprising rookie season. In the season opener, she almost willed the team to victory. Her effort included an incredible 4th-down, length-of-the-field touchdown run after picking up a loose ball on her own goal line, breaking eight tackles and weaving into the end zone before doing the Lingerie Leap. If the LFL had a “Play of the Year” Erler would win in a landslide.
“It is great to be recognized at this point, but this year is just the first step and I have so much to learn,” the ever-humble Erler said.
While Erler is the odds-on favorite to win the award, she has significant company. Las Vegas quarterback Nikki Johnson, Baltimore running back Kyle DeHaven, Chicago running back ChrisDell Harris, Cleveland tight-end Theresa Petruziello were also nominated. DeHaven is probably Erler’s main competition.
“It’s great to be lumped in with all those great players,” Erler said.
While the Chill are improving, all of those other players have a supporting cast that supercedes that of Erler. Unbeaten Las Vegas is stocked with players experienced in 11-on-11 tackle football. Chicago has 2010 Player of the Year Heather Furr, Cleveland has Marija Condric and Baltimore has a balanced, veteran-laden roster.
Erler means more to her team than almost any other player in the LFL. She also leads her team in rushing and has played solid defense since Brown had to insert her in the starting lineup. She had two interceptions in her debut at safety against the Mist after watching the Valkyrie run all over Green Bay in the opener.
After the Seattle loss, Erler led her team to the thrilling victory over the Bliss while injured. Teammates Leslie Bowman and Katie Zellner had a lot of influence on that game as well with late-game interceptions and timely receptions, but Erler led the team down the field over and over again is the one player every team plans for when preparing to play the Chill. She rarely goes down on first contact, consistently makes multiple defenders miss entirely and is the stereotypical coach on the field.
Rumsey knows Erler’s importance to the Chill.
“Anne is the only one on the team that has consistently played well in every game,” Rumsey said. “She’s made a name for herself and deserves it. Her football sense, lack of error and determination to win make her stand out from everyone on our team. Everything she does makes her a leader. She has great work ethic, helps everyone when they are struggling and doesn’t give up on her teammates.”
Off the field, the story is even better. Erler organizes and runs extra practices for the Chill since Brown does not reside in the Green Bay area. She has had to teach both basic and fine points of football to her teammates. Finally, Erler has opened her home to all the out-of-town players on the Chill, temporarily and permanently. The team is truly a sisterhood, largely because of Erler’s leadership, toughness, generosity and selflessness.
Erler is not in it for the individual glory, either. She is the first person to congratulate her teammates, takes responsibility for her own mistakes and truly just wants to win as a team. She said her effort was a testament to her upbringing, support system and intrinsic desire to compete.
“I work hard because sports have been my whole life since I can remember and to be able to continue to excel is exciting and fun for me,” Erler said. “There are role models in this league whose level I would love to be at and it’s rewarding to know that I could if I just keep trying hard.”
The winners will be announced February 3 in Las Vegas at the LFL Awards banquet.
_________________________________________________________________________________

So besides going to Las Vegas for her final game January 21, we fly back again 2 weeks later to go to the Awards banquet....

Diane

Erler has been the key behind the Chill’s surprising rookie season. In the season opener, she almost willed the team to victory. Her effort included an incredible 4th-down, length-of-the-field touchdown run after picking up a loose ball on her own goal line, breaking eight tackles and weaving into the end zone before doing the Lingerie Leap. If the LFL had a “Play of the Year” Erler would win in a landslide.

Diane

WOW! As you guys say - that's totally awesome!!! :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

Congrats Diane.

Ha! Awesome! :D

You must feel Awesome! :D Congrats! You have every right to be a proud Mama! :thumbsup:

Awesome Diane and you should be proud!:thumbsup:

Thanks to you both..........yes we are VERY Proud.

We head to Vegas for her last game January 21.......and then back again for the Awards dinner to see if she wins Rookie of the year.....

Diane

uh huh. vegas. "awards dinner"... "last game"
you'll probably be bored to death sitting around in a hotel in vegas.:)

lol....................

I get to Vegas 6-8 times a year now, used to be 10-12 times for the last 20 years....I can find plenty of things to do. The only hassle is my husband will be with me, so I will be tied more to what HE wants to do along with the other family members.

But its' always fun....

Diane

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back