Latest new games release from Microgaming

Both bingot and jetset contribute a lot of helpful info into these posts. Was thinking on lines of a group hug but not real sure if that would help

Both bingot and jetset contribute a lot of helpful info into these posts. Was thinking on lines of a group hug but not real sure if that would help

I agree, although I think a citation should be added on such articles to keep the peace and to avoid further argument. There was a recent incident which could have been avoided with a simple citation.

That is all - No argument.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Copying and Pasting Text

This is often a temptation, as it may underscore a point that you may be trying to make. Aspects to consider if you are about to copy and paste something into your post:

* Do you own the rights to that text - in other words, have you written it yourself or are you effectively stealing it from another site?
* Is it really relevant to your post?
* Does it complement your own words or are you simply using someone else's words to make your point, while adding very little value of you own?
* Does it contain any complex formatting which might end up making a mess when you try to put it in your post (tables, etc.)?
* Is the text excessively long, or have you taken only the relevant sections?
* Have you, or do you intend to acknowledge the source of the information?
* If quoting an email, have you ensured that you have protected the privacy of the sender? If you have reason to believe that they might not approve of you posting their private email, have you asked their permission?

Why is copying and pasting entire blocks of text from other sites wrong?

In addition to the points above many people are not aware of the following issues when copying and pasting text:

* Copying without permission often equates to copyright theft. Someone else has developed that content. In the past successful prosecutions have been brought against the operators of forums for the behaviour of their members.
* Search engines such as Google discover duplicate content and effectively devalue that information in their rankings. This potentially hurts both this forum and the original author. The extent of this is the subject of debate, but an article can be found here. [searchenginejournal.com]
* Large blocks of text waste screen real-estate, causing the user to become frustrated at having to scroll through something they may not find interesting. In a large thread with many replies this can become tiresome.

That's it - I have reached my level of frustration here with this thread being continually derailed with irrelevant material. As it is unlikely that it will be retrieved as a useful discussion I am done with it.

Admin note - derailing threads

Please - let's check our agendas at the door. If you have a personal beef with a member - use the PM system. Derailing threads will only lead to forums being locked or split or whatever. There is enough work around here - so please follow the forum rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back