It's Only Rock & Roll But I Like It

Webzcas

Winter is Coming!
Staff member
The latest google update nicknamed Jagger, which in my view is as big as Florida back in 2003 has got webmasters from all industries staying up all hours, refreshing Matt Cutt's Blog and viewing Webmasters World and other SEO related forums.

So far we are in the middle of phase 2 of the update ( Jagger2 ) with Matt Cutts announcing this morning we should start to see Jagger3 ( Final Stage of the update ) appearing on google datacenters hopefully on Friday.

I have seen in the two sectors I monitor ( Gambling and also Current Events/Politics ) some wild variations, with long established sites getting hit big time by this update. It also appears that many new sites are popping out of the sandbox on the DC's showing Jagger2 results. This is going to be very interesting over the next couple of weeks which direction Jagger3 goes.

A big lesson to be learnt from this though is never rely on one source of traffic for all your traffic. Many Webmasters are going to be very unhappy in the run up to the holiday season once this update is over, in particular those in the gambling sector, who are not allowed to to use Adsense to promote their sites on google.

Last edited:
GoogleGuy on WMW has confirmed the third installment of the Jagger Update - Jagger3 can be seen on this datacenter 66.102.9.104.

I would expect some flux over the next couple of days in the serps. With the index from this DC to propogate across the google dc network over the next couple of weeks.

It's making me happy.

My google SERPS are exploding.

And the good thing about it this time around is that I can take it as a compliment.

Google is starting to reward good content seriously, and I have waited for this for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back