• No, Typicaly Ozz

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Get a life!

Votes: 15 42.9%

• Total voters

crikeym8

Multiple forum accounts - flaming and being a PITA
PABnoaccred
Ok, anyone that's not Aussie listen up. We have our own lingo, we abbreviate everything. Aboriginal = Abbo
, McDonald's = Macca's, Afternoon = Arvo

Im getting comments from so called mates telling me im being racist by using the pic below as my avatar. And many not mates, just google bitching.

Getting sick of these so called politicly correct , tree hugging, pillow biting , do gooders , climate change supporting, over educated yet unemployed, on public benefits, or in uni and want to change the world from an arm chair and believe what Australia projects to the rest of world is more important than culture.. Also consider the Aussie vernacular a turn off.

abbo.jpg

Well I can see the humour there, but isn't that a bit like somebody getting a picture of Sylvester Stallone from a Rambo movie, changing his face to a black man's and then renaming it 'Sambo'? Which would be totally unacceptable. So yeah, I can see your picture being offensive to most. I wouldn't use it. And you certainly won't be using it as your avatar on here.

Last edited:
Sambo and Abbo are totally different meanings. Just curious, if the bloke who created the AVA was an Abbo, would that matter? Im not saying as yet who created it for interest sake.

Sambo and Abbo are totally different meanings. Just curious, if the bloke who created the AVA was an Abbo, would that matter? Im not saying as yet who created it for interest sake.
Look, I understand Aussie humour, it's pretty much how it used to be in the UK when I was younger. Things have moved on though. I cannot see it as being anything less than disrespectful to what after all were the original inhabitants of your continent until us lot came and colonized it. If I were an Aborigine I would be pretty peed-off with it.

It's not what I'd deem as offensive, just completely out of date and devoid of wit

I'd be the first to crack up at Jurgen The German on Harry Enfield or 'the bad guy Arabs/ Middle Eastern' stereotypes in something like Hotshots. Laughing at our differences and some stereotypes can be funny.

All I see here is a bunch of Aborigines with wigs purporting to be Abba. If Abba were a solo artist it'd be mildly amusing, but still.....

We all should be able to laugh at ourselves, our stereotypes and generally, don’t take ourselves too seriously.

So, though I don’t find it offensive (but then again, why would a pasty faced white guy from Northern Ireland?), it just comes across as something from a 1980s comedy club. Unclear as to why anyone would find it amusing as well as offensive.

We all should be able to laugh at ourselves, our stereotypes and generally, don’t take ourselves too seriously.

So, though I don’t find it offensive (but then again, why would a pasty faced white guy from Northern Ireland?), it just comes across as something from a 1980s comedy club. Unclear as to why anyone would find it amusing as well as offensive.

You are my Man look my Avatar :D WUFF!

Ask an Aborigine
I'm getting sick of people getting offended on behalf of other people. When those 'other people' aren't offended in the slightest, and couldn't give a toss either way.
It often seems to be a case of 'look how lovely and caring i am. I'm offended on behalf of .....'

This one amuses me....

motherboari-did-youjust-assume-the-gender-ofthat-circuit-board-huge-37451498.png

Last edited:
Ask an Aborigine
I'm getting sick of people getting offended on behalf of other people. When those 'other people' aren't offended in the slightest, and couldn't give a toss either way.
It often seems to be a case of 'look how lovely and caring i am. I'm offended on behalf of .....'

This one amuses me....

View attachment 102312

The thing is, I agree with you to some extent as it sometimes goes too far, especially because antisocial media spreads things to an audience which jokes or memes were never intended for therefore it's nearly impossible to avoid 'offending' somebody. There is also, as you infer, a section of society that I can only describe as 'professional umbrage-takers' who seek to intervene on others' behalf.

Don't forget too that government legislation means that if you have a medium for presenting material (this forum is a prime example) then you are responsible for its content, therefore have to moderate said content to be all-inclusive and non-discriminatory and keep on the right side of what's widely considered acceptable.

In Europe there isn't generally a constitutional right to free expression (regardless of whom is offended) as there is in the USA. This is why you can see material and comments on YT for example that wouldn't ever be seen on here or in a newspaper in the EU say.

I'm not Aussie but pillow biter is actually pretty offensive seeing as it has 0 to do with left-leaning
What if you bite the left side of the pillow? :laugh::p

Unsure of OP depending on view points but political correctness has gone insane and drives me nuts nowadays.

Soon farting in the wrong flavour will result in a fine and we'll all have wind emitter detectors, mandatory installations world wide :rolleyes: (god help dunover :p)

Should stop typing now but few examples

Dr Who IS and should ALWAYS me a male, anyone seen the gay / racist subliminal messages each and every episode too!

James Bond is a White Male in his 40's, no discussion required for future actors, ever!

Baa Baa white sheep or Baa Baa Gender neutral, multi cultural sheep, I mean WTF!

I am far from racist, prejudice or any other phobia or negative attitude but certain things are meant to be and some, no one in particular in mind, take offense way too easily and I often think these sort of people specially look for the tiniest openings and opportunities just to spruce up their quiet and mundane existences.

Ask an Aborigine

This one amuses me....

View attachment 102312
There's actually a pretty good example of that. Speedy Gonzales was removed from many WB segments as it was deemed stereotypical and offensive...on behalf of 'other people' ...while a large potion of the people it supposedly offended considered the character a cultural icon.
So, in some veins, too left-leanng is a real thing, but on the other, one doesnt need to be a member of a minority to vocally defend a group either.

Unsure of OP depending on view points but political correctness has gone insane and drives me nuts nowadays.

Soon farting in the wrong flavour will result in a fine and we'll all have wind emitter detectors, mandatory installations world wide :rolleyes: (god help dunover :p)

Should stop typing now but few examples

Dr Who IS and should ALWAYS me a male, anyone seen the gay / racist subliminal messages each and every episode too!

James Bond is a White Male in his 40's, no discussion required for future actors, ever!

Baa Baa white sheep or Baa Baa Gender neutral, multi cultural sheep, I mean WTF!

I am far from racist, prejudice or any other phobia or negative attitude but certain things are meant to be and some, no one in particular in mind, take offense way too easily and I often think these sort of people specially look for the tiniest openings and opportunities just to spruce up their quiet and mundane existences.
I'm not a Brit, but I actually really DO enjoy Jodie Whittaker (sp?) as the new Dr Who. I never much watched the show but I enjoyed both hers and Matt's take on the character.
Being pc for the sake of being pc can go too far. For example, agreed, James Bond is written as a ruggedly handsome white male of a certain age. Deciding to make the character female would make no sense when you can simply create an entirely new character. Dr Who however, it's well within the mythos.. the character is forever being reanimated within a new body, so making the character female in a new incarnation has its merits and well fits within the character's evolving bio.
On that note also, changing 'some' characters - for example- comics -into new designs DOES have some justification behind it. When comics, again, for example, were written, it was mostly by white males who didn't think of, or give a toss about, being inclusive. But the landscape has changed, and it does truly make sense to cater to a new readership.

ABO was a 1938 newsletter written by abbo's. "Aboriginal" is now also offensive. "Aboriginal people" is now offensive. First peoples or indigenous is PC.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

In fact more i read i find its minority groups who just deem everything offencive. "Vegemite" calls to have the word removed from jars. Abos call us white fellas or whites, we cant call them black fellas or blacky.

Im off to council to get a permit to wipe my ass.

All this in my opinion when you allow to many immigrants into a country too quickly. And my folks were WOGS. Once a derogatory word for Greeks/Italians, now considered complement by wogs (High Contributors employers)

Give me a break. Ive upset myself. goin to bed.

Last edited:
I think the most profound and resonating point to come out of all this, and one that shocks me still, is the thread title's spelling of 'Offensive' :D
im offended

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back