I'm currently listening to...

I'm on the expanding the St. Paddy's Day playlist part of my life. Got a solid plan to drink whiskeys, just adding a few more to my existing playlists.

But I have to post one by the Mahones again this year. I first met the lead singer when he was 14 years old, and I was at the very first "one off" of the band on a St Paddy's Day many years ago. I was only in my thirties and one of the oldest patrons!

Bubba Ho-Tep.

Actually really liked this one.

So glad also that the objectifying of women in videos has skipped the radar of the equality train. Let a woman be a woman and a man be a man as prince or symbol or whatever his name is now once said.

Think he also said something in this about 2 positions in a one night stand which is my record also.

I wasn't their biggest fan but they pretty much got me through my GCSE's at the time in the mid 90's. Nostalgic memories of the 'garage of shame' whereby we pretty much rolled up to my mates (very liberal for N Irish parents), got canned, drank, puked and played darts to the early hours: seemed such a simpler, happier time -cos it was :oops:

Lesson learned was to not walk in front of a dart board when folk are playing 'eh, i think there's a dart in your cheek?)

Following on from that....the NME had a writer called Steven Wells who was a fan of the above and hated 'limp wristed, whiney, middle class' music like the one attached here. I was always torn between his musings and his co columnist (Johnny Cigarettes?) who was a fan of them - i never did reconcile the two so have to live in a half way house :oops:

My Youtube's fine my Finnish friend

Here, have a listen

God damn. WTF is going on? I keep getting the same server error.

Not sure if this is real or not. I feel like feeble minded bozo in a drunken matrix of nothingness :eek2:

Thank you for the song. It's a great band, I can't have enough. You should post more from them :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back