I'm currently listening to...

no specific tunes, just got the 80s tunes right cranked, having a feel-good day

the ol' fat bastich just snorin' away (the dog), actually wakes when the music pauses; like his lullaby :p

I think it was @incrediblestuff who posted about Babymetal back in the year 2016. I've listened to their songs on and off and didn't know how to react to them and their music. Since it's 2020 now, and it's clear that they can not be classified as a novelty act anymore, I find myself listening to them more and more.

Do you need to understand the lyrics to enjoy the music? I don't think so. The more I listen to these songs, the more I love them. The band is tight as hell, the vocalist (Suzuka Nakamoto) has one of the most incredible voices around, and some of their songs are pure work of art.

I'll upgrade Babymetal to one of the most important metal acts of the 21st century (accompanied with Ghost naturally). It's really a pleasure to see the most refreshing music coming from places like Sweden and Japan these days (instead the old boring US/UK scene).

:drink:

I think it was @incrediblestuff who posted about Babymetal back in the year 2016. I've listened to their songs on and off and didn't know how to react to them and their music. Since it's 2020 now, and it's clear that they can not be classified as a novelty act anymore, I find myself listening to them more and more.

Do you need to understand the lyrics to enjoy the music? I don't think so. The more I listen to these songs, the more I love them. The band is tight as hell, the vocalist (Suzuka Nakamoto) has one of the most incredible voices around, and some of their songs are pure work of art.

I'll upgrade Babymetal to one of the most important metal acts of the 21st century (accompanied with Ghost naturally). It's really a pleasure to see the most refreshing music coming from places like Sweden and Japan these days (instead the old boring US/UK scene).

They even sing about chocolate.
Whats not to like.
:)

gave it about 30 seconds
I guess the screeching is why it's not my genre :eek2: Now her alone, maybe

It's an acquired taste for sure. I was not a fan when I first heard their songs. Pretty much the same thing that happened with Ghost and me. But I do listen to a lot of music. A lot. And some bands and songs just grow on me. It's pretty much the same thing with food, wine, women and other important things in life. Personal preferences :)

It's an acquired taste for sure. I was not a fan when I first heard their songs. Pretty much the same thing that happened with Ghost and me. But I do listen to a lot of music. A lot. And some bands and songs just grow on me. It's pretty much the same thing with food, wine, women and other important things in life. Personal preferences :)
I really enjoy alternative rock
but for the ones where it's a wail rather than a note

I really enjoy alternative rock
but for the ones where it's a wail rather than a note

For me the most important thing about music has always been (probably) a certain melancholy, or mood in general. And I like music with with either a mean beat or massive wall of sound. The usual pop or hiphop/r'n'b crap which you hear from every orifice of the modern society makes me puke most of the time. :drink:

Went to see Chili Peppers & Babymetal tonight at the O2 - just got back.

Barman, I'd like a nice cup of Bovril or some form of soup. Ooh lordy me weary bones :eek:

Can't seem to upload vids so here's my partner's amazeballs photography skillz. She can't help being 3 ft 8 :mad:

Here's some pics of an awesome night

View attachment 73896 View attachment 73897 View attachment 73898 View attachment 73899

I've been talking about Babymetal for a while now, so I find your lack of faith disturbing

Sure, at first they seem K-Pop and gimmicky, but actually, get past the initial strangeness and their music (on both albums I perused) is v.good

Live they are excellent too, though a tad bemusing to a hardened rock crowd. Still, watching Chad Smith play drums on one of their songs, in a mask, was lit :D

Great band

And now, it saddens me to say, Ternur.....you are excommunicado

I've been talking about Babymetal for a while now, so I find your lack of faith disturbing

Sure, at first they seem K-Pop and gimmicky, but actually, get past the initial strangeness and their music (on both albums I perused) is v.good

Live they are excellent too, though a tad bemusing to a hardened rock crowd. Still, watching Chad Smith play drums on one of their songs, in a mask, was lit :D

Great band

And now, it saddens me to say, Ternur.....you are excommunicado

What can I say Goaty. I've made it clear that I'm not the sharpest tool in the box. A tool I most certainly am. :lolup::drink:

That being said, I agree with what you posted here 100%. I even found a reference to a ʇ song there, so I'm happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back