How would some of you rate the slot Captain Venture ?

AnnaTS

Dormant account
Hello

I noticed last week Sky Vegas had added Captain Venture and i was pleased that they were adding some new Novomatics because they also added Book of RA 6 at the same time.

So i know i was going to try Captain Venture this week because i had never played it before, So i tried the slot tonight for the first time and at first i was breaking the spins up doing 100 spins then going playing something else and coming back.

Well i had got bonuses on all the other slots i was playing so i decided just to play Captain Venture and i was just going spin after spin and didn't trigger the bonus once and i only had a few 5 of a kinds.

Well i lost track of how spins i had done and i just came off it about a hour ago and i asked Customer Support how spins i had done and i did 1351 and i didn't see one bonus and only had a few 5 of a kinds.

I was really looking forward to playing this slot but after what just happened i don't think i want to play it again.

I love the game, but I mostly just do a few spins on it. Since it hardly pay in base game at all I feel I'm losing too much.
When you get a feature on this you often win a lot, and other times you win huge.

Be careful or it will eat you alive :)

Yeah it can be like that but if you do get the bonus you might get a big surprise.
Like all slots sometimes bonus is bad but also like all Novo slots you often get respin after respin and can get massive pays.

High volatile slot.

Isn't a wild line during the bonus something stupendous like 6,000x?

The value lies solely in the bonus game. It can pay a low bonus - 10-20x but it's the exception rather than the norm.
Most non Novo slots you can expect a low paying bonus, Captain Venture you can expect much better things. The retrigger value of the scatters is very good for a start and the Novo love of retriggers makes it more worthwhile than say Lucky Lady's Charm where the retrigger value of the scatters is much lower.
You definitely have to write the money off mentally with this game, if you don't hit a feature which is quite likely, then reloading and chasing will normally end in tears.
I've yet to see a premium 5OAK in the bonus yet but I've several features in the high hundreds and a couple of 4 figure bonuses of my usual £1.50 stake.
Max retrigger I've had is 150 spins - I think that's the max it can do? I'm not sure.
Not a slot for playtime that's for sure, but extra exciting when you land the 3 or more scatters.

I seen a Youtube video where some bloke had over 300 spins during the bonus round!

I had some decent wins off it but as said treat with caution.

I like this slot but approach it with caution and only if I have a decent balance. The bonus can take ages to hit and the base game is pretty crap 95% of the time. The rewards can be huge with the Captain but in my view pretty hard to attain most of the time. So out of a 1-10 scale I rate it a 5 since it strips my balance most of the time when I attempt to play it:confused:

Captain Venture has an RTP of only 94.01%, and with it being high variance as well, your money is going to leave your pocket faster than a speeding bullet if lady luck is not there to press the spin button with you.

I don't have the exact stats, but Captain Venture is one of the hardest slots to trigger the feature on as well.

All this combined, you have a money eater like no other, if you don't hit the bonus feature.

The thing that makes this slot so fun is that if you DO trigger the feature, you can be in for a fun ride, with re-trigger after re-trigger not being that uncommon.

A slot with good win potential, but unfortunately there is only one way that can happen. You HAVE to get the feature. It's like 300 Shields in that regard. Given that Novomatic slots are arguably the severest testers of a player's patience when it comes to merely triggering ONE feature, this slot must be approached with caution.

That said, the game has got insane re-triggering potential, even by Novomatic standards. An example of this is shown below (this is probably the vid that interlog was referring to)...

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

People complain about games like DHV and Bonanza and their ability to destroy a player's balance and keep a player waiting ages for a feature, but they both have one saving grace. The base game can produce a win big enough to achieve cashout-worthy profit. I do like Captain Venture myself, but I prefer games where getting the feature is not an essential requirement in order to achieve profit.

I would give it another try, but you might want to consider playing it with post-cashout leftovers instead.

And FWIW, I can understand why you might not want to ever go near it again. A first experience like that would have probably left me feeling the same way.

Thanks for the all the replies.

Why i was able to do so many spins was because i had won just over 400x on lucky lady's charm on 40p a spin and a 250x win on Bonanza on 60p spin.

Unfortunately because i was trying to trigger the feature on Captain Venture the slot ate all my balance at 40p a spin.

It didn't seem so bad at first because i was 100 spins then switching to a different slot, It was after i had bonus on all the other slots i wanted to play and just played captain venture when i noticed i had done so many spins and still hadn't triggered the feature.

I actually didn't think the slot would be so bad, I thought i might have been able to trigger one bonus even if it was a bad one but obviously not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back