How to send a private message on CM?

Pyroska

Newbie member
Hi guys, I know maybe it's a stupid question but can you tell me please how can i send a private message to someone. Can't see that option when I go on someone's profile. Thanks

It isn't a stupid question since this forum software is new to me as well, but I figured it out for you. Follow these steps:

1) On the profile page of the user, Click on the "information" tab
2) Under the "interact" section, Click on "Start a Conversation"

Well, that isn't visible for me. Is it because I'm listed as newbie member or something?
"PMs" are now referred to as Conversations. No worries about that - PMs stand for Private Messages, but conversations are more intuitive once you get used to them.

To start a conversation with someone (or PM them if you so insist :p), click their user name and this box should appear:

converse.PNG
Click "Start a Conversation" and this thread will appear with your profile - and it is private unless you want to invite others (an option for higher membership status). If you cannot see this link, please let me know.

"PMs" are now referred to as Conversations. No worries about that - PMs stand for Private Messages, but conversations are more intuitive once you get used to them.

To start a conversation with someone (or PM them if you so insist :p), click their user name and this box should appear:

View attachment 84738
Click "Start a Conversation" and this thread will appear with your profile - and it is private unless you want to invite others (an option for higher membership status). If you cannot see this link, please let me know.

Actually I can't see that link. Thanks for the graphic content, makes it easier to sort this out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back