How do you stop a hangover?

I've found that when I need to chuck it's better to just get it out of the way as I tend to feel better once it's out of my system.

We all do... The problem is the chucking :p ... I HATE it.

It's so intense for me that when I do ... I burst tiny blood vessels on my face and end up with red spots all over... Looks like I have Chicken Pox afterwards :oops:

Nate

The only real way to beat a hangover is time. Most hangover symptons are due to dehydration, so drinking lots of water while drinking do help reduce it.

If you live where marijuana is legal, or you have a medical licence for it, it helps more than OTC painkillers IMO.

When I was in Phoenix my pals there swore by a big bowl of
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
the next day. For those of you who've never had it, trust me it's not something you want to cook for yourself on a morning with a hangover. Funny every Saturday and Sunday morning there would be this line of bloodshot stumbling crappy looking people standing in line at the Mexican restaurant on the corner buying some. It actually seems to help too, even if you just drink the broth.

Also, if I ever got so bad I was throwing up, the one trick I always use was eating a few sunflower seeds. Something about them helped settle my stomach. But not just any brand works for me, it has to be Spitz.

...........he says, changing his sodden sheets on Sunday morning......:D

Lol it does tend to work for me nowadays although there was 1 unfortunate incident in my teens when I was a 'weak drinker'. Not going to go into too much detail but lets just say I drunkenly got up, stood at the top of the stairs and.....Well....We had squelchy stairs the next morning....

Last edited:
I try to remember to take 2 or 3 Aleve before going to bed after drinking. Emphasis on the TRY. There's no pain the next morning, just the kind of oogy feeling.

Also, smoking a lot of quality marijuana while drinking keeps the oogy feeling the next day down. Not that I would know that first hand. My friends tell me. Not friends, aquaintances. Strangers, really. Yeah. Strangers.

Before you go to sleep take one "Naproxen 500mg" this is a prescription from a doctor.
You will feel like new when you wake up.
Or if you hate taking meds take two Aleve tabs.

Or
Take nothing and after you wake up drink a beer.

Back in the day, my friends and I went out every weekend and got well and truly hammered.

Nicky doesn't smoke but she drank to black-out status and woke up the next morning full of energy and just said, " I just feel a little tired"...A LITTLE TIRED??? you little tart! :mad::p;)

Me a smoker drank less than her and it took 3 days ..mid-week, to get over the week-end!

Yes, smoking does elevate the hangover process!

We all do... The problem is the chucking :p ... I HATE it.

It's so intense for me that when I do ... I burst tiny blood vessels on my face and end up with red spots all over... Looks like I have Chicken Pox afterwards :oops:

Nate

I couldn't agree more. Not throwing up is like delaying the inevitable. I will chuck but prefer to be able to control when that's going to happen. Once I went to work after doing an all nighter and ended up chucking in the office bin, inside the work toilets, and outside. Was unbelievably crappy and I hated every moment of it.

That was before I discovered this stuff called Eno :)

From back in the days of my youth...

never drink on an empty stomach. Lots of starches before the drinking begins. A big-ass vitamin c, and couple of aspirin or ibuprophen or Aleve before you even leave the house (after you've eaten that nice starchy meal). Nibble on pretzels (salt helps with the dehydration) all during the drinking. Drink water when you can. 2 more Aleve or similar with water plus 1000mg of vitamin c when you've had all you can stand and stumble back to the crash site. Lie down and hope for the best. :D And be careful doing anything dangerous that might actually reqire a fully functional brain when you begin your day. I cracked a bone in my thumb in a machine at work after a bender. I KNEW not to put my hand there.....

And I agree w/Swampy... a few tokes are great for the nausea and oogy feeling. Not that either of us would know first hand... ya know... just ... ummm... saw it on the internet... yeah, that's it. Good ol' Google....

I couldn't agree more. Not throwing up is like delaying the inevitable. I will chuck but prefer to be able to control when that's going to happen. Once I went to work after doing an all nighter and ended up chucking in the office bin, inside the work toilets, and outside. Was unbelievably crappy and I hated every moment of it.

That was before I discovered this stuff called Eno :)

Be very Careful with Eno - That stuff will MAKE you chuck if you are on your way there already. Not recommended for people who are nauseous BECAUSE of Drinking.

It Generally works better without alcohol :)

Nate

from very experienced drinker lol, you can avoid hangover by not drinking cheap liquor (rail vodka, cheap brandy or whiskey).
i always drink straight shots only, but even if I order a bloody Mary occasionally, I would ask for grey goose in the mix.
do not ever take Tylenol (before bed time) as it hits your liver pretty hard (according to my doc), while its been hit by alcohol already. ibuprofen works well for me.

and do not smoke next morning as long as you can, first sig -shitty feelings. make sure you sleep many hours, if possible

while many people has preferences in drinks, it is obvious the more you mix different drinks the worse hangover is. I never ever had any hangover signs if i stay with good vodka (one kind) all night night long.

A lot depends on what you are drinking. Good Clean Stohli's seldom leaves a hangover. Certain wines, beers and liquors, there's just no hope avoiding one ... there's just too much junk in them. Lots of water before and after... even some citrus juice. A slightly green lemon cut in half smeared with extra hot hot sauce can do wonders. Seriously.... ;-)

Hot sauce is actually part of many hangover remedies. The Capsaicin in hot peppers provides an endorphin rush and are a natural anti-inflammatory.

So go ahead and load that raw egg up with hot sauce and slurp it down, or make your Bloody Mary or Caesar an extra spicy one.

Be very Careful with Eno - That stuff will MAKE you chuck if you are on your way there already. Not recommended for people who are nauseous BECAUSE of Drinking.

It Generally works better without alcohol :)

Nate

I take the stuff for exactly that reason. Eno makes me chuck so I have more control over when that happens. I can also get the alcohol out of my system quicker. I used to have some days where I felt so sick the next day. I knew if I was able to chuck I'd feel allot better. So I started taking the Eno to have more control of when it happened, so i'd feel better faster :)

With respect to my friends and forum members who are now attending the BAC in Barcelona, I saw it fitting to bump this thread up. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back