How can they be Elected?

richie

Dormant account
Some idiot out of touch stuck up politician on the radio just now justifying housing benefit cuts said -

quote : ' The poorest people in society should take the biggest cuts & the greatest risks, because they have the least to lose.'

WTF!#*@!

How do these arseholes get in power... Grrrrr

WTF?

That's the most ridiculous thing I probably have ever heard.

What is wrong with people?!?

Shame on them.

Thats just crazy:eek:

I sure would like to know this dudes name or the radio program you listened to , thats not up tp par with the way Republicans think or even Democrats for that matter:eek2:

Laurie

Yeah, it was on Radio 4 this afternoon before 'The Now Show'

Should be on the BBC I player.

I googled for articles on this & found this one by the Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/nov/23/lord-freud-welfare-poor-risk?mobile-redirect=false

He's apparently an ex city banker, which explains his arrogant naivety.

And not elected by the people either. He's someone put in the House of Lords by either this government or the previous one. That's what politicians mean by Lords reform, putting feckless idiots like him inside. It's morons like him that give the House of Lords a bad name.

Some idiot out of touch stuck up politician on the radio just now justifying housing benefit cuts said -

quote : ' The poorest people in society should take the biggest cuts & the greatest risks, because they have the least to lose.'

WTF!#*@!

How do these arseholes get in power... Grrrrr

We should also use them for medical experiments and maybe stock pile some in case we run out of sandbags for the next big flood.

They're just people. There's lots of them.

Last edited:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

This article paints a grim picture for 2013 in Britain. I hate feeling so powerless to do anything, none of it is fair, and those bankers are still paying themselves bonuses, utility companies are still rigging energy prices, and politicians are still having expenses scandals, and they are trying to push laws through parliament to keep their expenses silent in the media.

What's happening man? Why aren't people standing up for their rights? Who wants to go back to the Hell of Victorian Britain? Balls to that.

MPs also caught yet again with cheating the taxpayer.

Now that they can't claim mortgage repayments as "expenses" on their second home, they have tried renting out their second home (sometimes to another MP), and renting a "third home" (again sometimes from another MP). This is because they CAN claim rental payments on expenses, so by having MPs rent homes from each other, they are able to get their mortgage repayments on expenses.

Now, try this with housing benefit, and it's called a "contrived tennancy", and is ineligible for benefits.

MPs should remember that people with little or nothing to lose ARE prepared to take bigger risks, this is where revolutions are born, such as those seen recently in the Arab countries.

Unless there are strict controls, and enforcement of the rules, there will be a rise in "slum landlords" who will see this as an opportunity to scam the taxpayer as well as tennants via the housing benefit system.

There will be an economic price to pay, as the poor will be forced to move to areas where rents are cheap enough, and affluent areas will suffer a shortage of people prepared to take poorly paid jobs that are the glue that holds the community together. It's no good being rich if there is no-one emptying the bins or sweeping the streets outside your mansion.

It makes me mad. After the MPs expenses scandal instead of been repentant and turning over a new leaf. They find new ways to skank the system, & try to push through laws which allows them to keep their expenses private & out of the public eye.

I remember hearing about the chancellor George Osbourne, who is a millionaire, trying to get away with being in first class on a train with a regular ticket. Thankfully the trainguard was having none of it & told him to go get a seat in regular class :D

George argued that as a politician, he should be entitled to first class as a right whether he had the right ticket or not. The ticket collector didn't agree & told him again to move to a regular class carriage. Think this was in October this year, I actually heard about this story on the radio while travelling on a train. I wish I could have seen George Osbourne's face at that moment.

I really think MP's & councillors should be on the minimum wage, then people really would see change

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back