Horse Racing & Tips Thread

The lucky 15 is EW, so a 33-1 and a 20-1 place so far :)
Touch Kick to win the 5.30 would be ok but will be happy with a place, been told the talk around Cheltenham is Just a Sting in that race though.
I hummed and haaed about including Just a sting in my bets but I opted for Real Steel in the first instead. If Posh Trish wins the next I'll stick a few bob on Just a Sting in the last

Good luck with Touch Kick

For today's Cheltenham I have used money I won on a free bet at Ladbrokes to stick these on. There where better odds at Paddy Power but I'm leaving my winnings in there for this weekends punts

Lucky 31 EW

13.30 Quel Destin at 10/1

14.10 Crooks peak at 12/1

14.50 Dickie Diver at 8-1

15.30 Kemboy at 9/1

16.10 Hazel Hill at 5-1

Haven't looked at tomorrow yet, waiting for the going tomorrow first. I need to pick 4 for the first race all £20 wins for the skybet money back race, yours is one I have picked out. Not going for the fav as odds are too low in what looks a lot more competitive than the betting suggests. Fav miight win, but not for me at even money. If I lose the £20 from my selection will be going on Stand up and Fight in the Foxhunters as I was told that was the banker of the week last week by someone who is extremely good usually. Pretty strong on Commander of Fleet too in the 2.50, but the front running Derringross might be a fly in the ointment
Good luck on the final day to whoever is having a bet :)

19:35 Hexham - Hafajay

I have that in this evenings punt. I prefer the jumps and this was my earlier bet which came in :)

• 4th May UTTOXETER 14:10 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 7f 70y - Each Way
    8. Derrick DAnjou13/2 12/1
    E/W Terms: 1/4 Odds | 4 Places
  • P
    4th May UTTOXETER 16:00 HANDICAP CHASE 3m 0f 2y - Each Way
    12. Viens Chercher 12/1
    E/W Terms: 1/4 Odds | 3 Places
  • P
    4th May UTTOXETER 16:35 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 3f 207y - Each Way
    4. Theatrebar 4/1
    E/W Terms: 1/4 Odds | 2 Places
    Rule 4: 25p DeductionMore
  • P
    4th May UTTOXETER 17:05 NOVICE'S HANDICAP CHASE 2m 6f 108y - Each Way
    3. Goodthyneaway9/4 7/2
And this evenings

• 4th May HEXHAM 19:35 HUNTERS CHASE 3m 0f 41y - Each Way
    6. Hafajay 11/2
    E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 3 Places

• 4th May HEXHAM 20:35 HANDICAP CHASE 2m 4f 15y - Each Way
    3. Opechee 4/1
  • P
    4th May DONCASTER 17:15 HANDICAP 0m 6f 2y - Each Way
    3. Embour9/2 5/1

• 4th May DONCASTER 19:50 HANDICAP 1m 6f 115y - Each Way
    4. Seinesational 9/2

That was easy :)

Well done with yours this afternoon Col, one more tonight, hope it wins for you, what bet do you do, lucky 15 or yankee?

Yeah I usually stick to lucky 15's or 31's with the occasional round robin. I should have been at Goodwood today and I had the option of working at St James Park this evening but I thought "Meh,fook that" :)

Yeah I usually stick to lucky 15's or 31's with the occasional round robin. I should have been at Goodwood today and I had the option of working at St James Park this evening but I thought "Meh,fook that" :)

I don't blame you, I wouldn't want to go there either :D

Pretty much same as me then, only time I really bet singles is if its something like the one above where I'm told its really well fancied by the stable, or if its cashback from Sky if it loses or something similar.

I'm quite looking forward to some me time today so I intend to do very little except enjoy my sports. I'll be at Royal Ascot and Goodwood among other places over the summer and I can't see myself having much time to just chill.
Some big prices amongst my punts today

Lucky 15 EW
  • 18th May NEWBURY 13:50 EVENT 0m 6f 0y - Each Way
    7. Oxted33/1

• 18th May NEWBURY 15:00 HANDICAP 1m 2f 0y - Each Way
    7. Solid Stone9/2
    E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 4 Places

• 18th May NEWBURY 15:40 EVENT 1m 0f 0y - Each Way
    6. Mythical Magic20/1

• 18th May NEWMARKET 15:15 HANDICAP 0m 6f 0y - Each Way
    9. Moraawed2/1
And

Lucky 15 EW
  • 18th May BANGOR-ON-DEE 13:40 MAIDEN HURDLE 2m 0f 145y - Each Way
    5. Purple King6/5

• 18th May BANGOR-ON-DEE 14:15 HANDICAP CHASE 3m 0f 5y - Each Way
    2. Cruising Bye6/1

• 18th May BANGOR-ON-DEE 15:25 HANDICAP CHASE 2m 4f 72y - Each Way
    4. Robin Des People7/2

• 18th May BANGOR-ON-DEE 16:35 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 3f 123y - Each Way
    11. Hillview Lad7/1
And finally
Lucky 31 (x62) Each Way

• 18th May UTTOXETER 18:50 HANDICAP CHASE 2m 6f 108y - Each Way
    7. Mister Mister11/2

• 18th May UTTOXETER 19:50 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 7f 70y - Each Way
    7. Our Rockstar7/2

• 18th May UTTOXETER 20:50 HANDICAP HURDLE 1m 7f 168y - Each Way
    9. Agentleman20/1

• 18th May DONCASTER 17:30 APPRENTICE HANDICAP 1m 3f 197y - Each Way
    11. Cold Harbour5/1

• 18th May DONCASTER 20:05 HANDICAP 0m 6f 2y - Each Way
    8. Equiano Springs5/1
    E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 5 Places

Been a while since I posted in here :)

Sean Bowen has one running in the 4.05 at Sedgefield today (
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
). Sean doesn't ride that often on a Sunday, unless Peter has a few runners then he will go to ride them, or if one of the family are at the track he sometimes tags along and takes rides up while he's there. It's a 650 mile round trip from his home, and he was at Fflos Las yesterday which is also in Wales, so not like he's already in the area from yesterday, and his rides tomorrow are at Plumpton, another 300 miles from todays venue.

His riding fee is around £120 net. It will cost him almost that just for fuel, so you have to think he is going up to get the 9% prize money, which is around £1700, especially considering he's never rode the horse before and I can't recall him having ridden for the trainer recently, if at all. It's also the only horse in the race completely blue on oddschecker, being 14's in places last night and now down to 17/2 on some books.

Got no info on the horse and it's form doesn't suggest it will win, but Sean clearly thinks it will, think it's worth an EW bet at the current 10/1.

Last edited:
Been a while since I posted in here :)

Sean Bowen has one running in the 4.05 at Sedgefield today (
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
). Sean doesn't ride that often on a Sunday, unless Peter has a few runners then he will go to ride them, or if one of the family are at the track he sometimes tags along and takes rides up while he's there. It's a 650 mile round trip from his home, and he was at Fflos Las yesterday which is also in Wales, so not like he's already in the area from yesterday, and his rides tomorrow are at Plumpton, another 300 miles from todays venue.

His riding fee is around £120 net. It will cost him almost that just for fuel, so you have to think he is going up to get the 9% prize money, which is around £1700, especially considering he's never rode the horse before and I can't recall him having ridden for the trainer recently, if at all. It's also the only horse in the race completely blue on oddschecker, being 14's in places last night and now down to 17/2 on some books.

Got no info on the horse and it's form doesn't suggest it will win, but Sean clearly thinks it will, think it's worth an EW bet at the current 10/1.
Chasma was the horse that I fancied in that race but the Sedgefield card didn't appeal to me as a mostly each way yankee/super yankee punter goes so I stuck my few bets on in the irish racing and a lucky 15 win only bet at Kempton.
I'll keep my eye out for that race inbetween making dinner for half of my family

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back