Whine and Moan Holiday Park Fruit Machine Payout Issue

RichyJ75

Has been a very naughty boy ...
PABnonaccred
Had a nice little £331 win on Book of Ra, £1 a spin yesterday at a caravan holiday park in their clubhouse. It was a fruit machine which coughs out a ticket which you take to a paying out machine.

Put the ticket in, didn't pay out due to lack of money in it. Saw staff, they said only manager has key to pay it out, come back later. Went back later, manager not working so saw assistant manager. He can't pay it out as no keys to the safe, only manager can do it. I'm now home, no money, just a ticket saying I won £331. Flippin' marvellous.

This is second time it has happened there. The first time I was able to go back 2 days later when they refilled the machine and noted they had paid out other tickets and was cashing them through the machine to replenish the safe. I mentioned this to the assistant manager who said they got in trouble last time they done that and can't do it again. Bull shit. If only the manager has keys to safe to pay out the tickets, who the effing hell told them off for doing that?!?!?!

They kept the machines on, so any holiday makers who win, but leave the site this morning at end of holiday, will not be able to cash in their ticket. The assistant manager's response was 'oh, but you are an owner here, you can come back any time'. Discriminatory bastard!

We won't be back down there for another 2 or 3 weeks and no guarantees there will be any cash to pay me out. Surely they are not allowed to do that? Are there any rules in their gambling licence which protects customers and ensures they are paid out?

I'm.not sure about the legalities of the situation, the UKGC is a waste of space so probably wouldn't help.

It sounds like you've been far too nice about it all, not a criticism but if I were in that situation there is no way on earth I would be leaving without my winnings, that's completely unacceptable. Kick up a stink and refuse to leave, challenge them to call the police then explain they are withholding your legit money etc.

Failing that I'd just bring the missus into it and enjoy watching a rottweiler in attack mode, the money would be in my hands in 30 minutes guaranteed.

So now that you've left, I can only suggest becoming a right royal pain in the arse with their head office / management.

How frustrating!

“I noted they had paid out other tickets and was cashing them through the machine to replenish the safe.”

…or did they have other intentions here? 👀

Hmmm, interesting point. Last time I went back just as it had been refilled (and not allowed in the gaming room) but saw them feeding the winning tickets through the machine. Am sure it is all legit, just that their lies don't add up this time round.

Was considering kicking up a stink, but too recent to the last time I kicked up a stink about moving plots, so keeping cool this time!

Nice enough staff, but so many changes lately and seems the owners on site are always second rate people to the holidaymakers who spend more money in the clubhouse.

Oh well, will feel like another win when I get to cash it in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back