High Variance VS Low Variance

Tropicana50

webby
Do you prefer high variance machines or low variance machines?

I personally prefer low variance machines where something is constantly happening as I am spinning. I do love the NetEnt range of slots though, especially Robin Hood and the Jack and the Beanstalk games. The walking wild mini feature and the re-spinning reels in both games are great to keep you entertained while awaiting a bonus.

What are your thoughts on this?

- T

Last edited:
Medium for me. I find the High V ones extremely boring, you can have tonnes of spins with basically nothing happening at all.

Depends on bankroll for me most times.

Smallish deposit, low-med variance or play my faves.

Larger deposit, high-very high with bigger bets chasing a pot of gold. :p

High Variance. In the grand scheme of things, I rather win one time 200x stake than twenty times 10x stake, as I'm more likely to withdraw the money. I also like when a slot have the potential to give me a real big win.

High variance is my preferable. Win big money from small bet is good to get! I find The Dark Knight pay out bit better than The Isis. But either of them are my favourite of all time. Jack and the Beanstalk is high variance but walking bonus helps keep your money floating though without losing too much. Breaking Da Bank again is hardest one to win it gobble up money fast unless if you keep getting free spin then you are doing good but otherwise it goes cold for hundreds of spin without feature (Probably similar to Indian Dreamings goes cold for hundreds of spin too as well). But remember if you play The Dark Knight or The Isis with Mega Moolah you are losing 4% of money to jackpot so you lose quite quick though. (It has 4 different jackpot so thats probably 1% each jackpot is being contribute to the jackpot pool)

High variance is my preferable. Win big money from small bet is good to get! I find The Dark Knight pay out bit better than The Isis. But either of them are my favourite of all time. Jack and the Beanstalk is high variance but walking bonus helps keep your money floating though without losing too much. Breaking Da Bank again is hardest one to win it gobble up money fast unless if you keep getting free spin then you are doing good but otherwise it goes cold for hundreds of spin without feature (Probably similar to Indian Dreamings goes cold for hundreds of spin too as well). But remember if you play The Dark Knight or The Isis with Mega Moolah you are losing 4% of money to jackpot so you lose quite quick though. (It has 4 different jackpot so thats probably 1% each jackpot is being contribute to the jackpot pool)

Yes, I agree with you that Jack and the Beanstalk is a higher variance game. Not like Dead or Alive, but still quite high. If Jack is in a bad mood, then you easily can do hundreds of spins without hitting the free spin feature. Another game with higher variance in my opinion is Gonzo's Quest. Both of these are some of NetEnt's most popular games, so I think that many players in general enjoy higher variance.

Yes, I agree with you that Jack and the Beanstalk is a higher variance game. Not like Dead or Alive, but still quite high. If Jack is in a bad mood, then you easily can do hundreds of spins without hitting the free spin feature. Another game with higher variance in my opinion is Gonzo's Quest. Both of these are some of NetEnt's most popular games, so I think that many players in general enjoy higher variance.

Don't even talk to me about Gonzo. That guy has emptied my balance so many times. A highly frustrating game, especially when you finally get 3 bonus coins but they don't align to a winline, while Gonzo is throwing down some dance moves in the corner. FU Gonzo. GRRRR!

- T

hehe....gotta love Gonzo :D gonzos_quest-character-gonzo1.png

But yes, Gonzo can be a bit bitchy some times. Although I have seen many huge wins on this one, so the rewards can be really good. Certainly a game for those who enjoy higher variance.

High Variance. In the grand scheme of things, I rather win one time 200x stake than twenty times 10x stake, as I'm more likely to withdraw the money. I also like when a slot have the potential to give me a real big win.

This.

Also, being a low roller, I'd much rather play a 9-liner like DoA at a bet level 4 (i.e. 36c a spin) than some 20 liner with a bet level 4 ( 80c a spin). It is psychologically easier to play with a much lower total stake per spin even though it would all even out in the long term (i.e. that 20 liner has less dead spins).

It depends on my mood/bankroll really - I usually start with low/medium variance slots and move to the higher variances ones if I've won a little bit :)

Then I go for it (and normally lose!)

Do you prefer high variance machines or low variance machines?

I personally prefer low variance machines where something is constantly happening as I am spinning. I do love the NetEnt range of slots though, especially Robin Hood and the Jack and the Beanstalk games. The walking wild mini feature and the re-spinning reels in both games are great to keep you entertained while awaiting a bonus.

What are your thoughts on this?
I definitely prefer low variance for the exact reasons you stated. I do have the occasional "dabble" on high-variance games, but overall I think lower ones are less annoying to play!

I used to love both those slots too - unit a week or two ago when Robin Hood robed ME with 3 or 4 lots of crap free-spins on the bounce... :mad:
Yeah, and Gonzo robbed me blind last time I played that too - so I'm none too happy with him either!

KK

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back