Help Please

Brooklyn

Dormant account
I am looking for a word program similar to the MSWord but something I can download and use for free until I am back at the other computer. I am trying to use Google Drive but it won't save anything, even after I make sure to save.

MSWord will not work on this PC for some reason, even after I bought the license. I cannot figure it out and usually am pretty good with computers.

Anyone know a good program to use to finish up these articles? I have been trying for days and can't figure anything out.

I tried a few programs but nothing saves.

Also I am at a place where the wi-fi is terrible. It connects and disconnects almost every other minute, is there anything I can do on my end, PC wise to help that not happen?

This computer came preloaded with Word starter, which supposedly only comes preloaded but if you google it you can probably find a download version too. If that fails, try Open Office....

I use something called Jarte. It's open source & free. Just Google Jarte & you should find a download.

I stopped using wifi & went back to dsl cable broadband seems to stop disconnection. I use a router that changes the broadband to wifi & my phone and any other devices in the house can pick up the broadband via wifi which gives me best of both worlds.

Can recommend OpenOffice ... it's very simular to Microsoft office, but open source (FREE)
You'll never pay for another Microsoft license after you get the package....why would you ? ;)

I am away from home at the moment and I have been trying like hell to stay connected long enough to download something without luck. I am going to ask the front office to reset as it seemed to help a little yesterday.

Thanks everyone, I actually thought I had Open Office on here but nope.

Soon as I can get the connection going a bit stronger I will take a look at the Jarte too.

GL everyone!

Can recommend OpenOffice ... it's very simular to Microsoft office, but open source (FREE)
You'll never pay for another Mocrosoft license after you get the package.

I agree. I have also used OpenOffice. It is great. Highly recommended Brooklyn :thumbsup:

I started using Open Office some years ago and I have never looked back. As the other guys was saying, highly recomended! and it's free..

Open office is ok, but ever since Oracle had their hands on it its seemed slow and sluggish (they tried to make a paid version :/)

Anyway the original developers of open office moved on and created LibreOffice, Highly recommend it :thumbsup:

You can find it here:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

+1 on OpenOffice. Basically similar to MSOffice without the ridiculous, ever-expanding bloat-ware. Multi-platform too so you can have it regardless of whether you're on PC, Linux-variants, Mac or mobile (?). M$ is history!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back