heart in mouth while playing bj..

frufrugirl

Dormant account
Kind of a silly question but thought I'd put it out there...does anyone else get heart pounding, fast breathing while playing an online game? When I play blackjack my heart rate goes up, my breathing increases to an uncomfortable rate and because of this, I can only play about 30 hands.
I just started playing this recently, studied and practiced and got some good advice from Lucky21 (Thanks Lucky21) and started playing, after awhile I ended up at INETBET, They lowered my min bet for me bless them but I have yet to bet above $5, the higher I play the worse I feel. I only play with what I can afford, usually 25 to 30. I havent lost any yet, usually recoup my loss or come out ahead $20. (infact, once I come out ahead by $20 I HAVE to cash out im so freaked.) I used to play war and didnt have this problem, and I never did well! Any opinons on this or suggestions? I remember Aka23 saying "dont freak out!" Is this what I am doing? lol! Maybe it's because I have to use my head while playing this and Im doubting myself! Any opinions besides going to the nutfarm? Or quiting the game? (im already considering this) lol

Last edited:
Sounds good to me Frufru.

Your reaction shows that you are aware that you can lose and you are at the mercy of probability and therefore will not get complacent or cocky just because you have a few wins under your belt.

Cashing out like you do is brilliant. Try to time your re-deposits when there is a bonus on offer and play basic strategy at all times and you are likely to keep on winning.

Mitch

patience

if you viewed one or two of my few posts
then you know I am practicing patience:

for example: today I bet $1,317 at $1 a hand BJ !!

I am down $135.00 !! every few minutes I make a screenshot of
my logs and I have 40 just from today to remind me of how BAD
it can be

thankfully we all have plenty of GOOD LUCK

good luck to you

Sounds good to me Frufru.

Your reaction shows that you are aware that you can lose and you are at the mercy of probability and therefore will not get complacent or cocky just because you have a few wins under your belt.

Cashing out like you do is brilliant. Try to time your re-deposits when there is a bonus on offer and play basic strategy at all times and you are likely to keep on winning.

Mitch
I was about to say the same thing!
Gambling is supposed to be exciting!!!
Good luck! :thumbsup:

As I was reading your reply posts I noticed my Avatar reflects exactly how my mind and body feels when I play! What a crackup!:) Thanks for your posts!

Re

I am completley opposite. When I play it relaxes me. Especially when Im playing pick em poker (mabey because I cant get mad knowing I picked the wrong cards, as you do not know what you would have got if you choosen the other stack)

Too many times I have thrown away royals by going for the four of a kind instead, and got so mad I said Id nevr play again,lol But if course i do.

I never hit a royal on pick em though, the biggest I got on it was a straight flush.

Did hit one three days ago on bonus poker.

Ama

I am completley opposite. When I play it relaxes me. Especially when Im playing pick em poker (mabey because I cant get mad knowing I picked the wrong cards, as you do not know what you would have got if you choosen the other stack)

I wish that was the same for me....I tend to "get caught up in the moment" too often when playing BJ...Sometimes with good results, some bad :(

But I can definately relate to the "heart in the mouth" part. Talk about an adrenaline rush! Especially with (at times) $1000 on a hand!

You know what I've found to help though? Kind of silly, but take a pen, and write down the goal/limit you're trying to reach on the backside of your hand, and keep looking at it from time to time...I've found it tends to be a good "reality check". Maybe even write there what you could actually SPEND THAT MONEY ON if you cashed out ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back