Harrods Casino. Great Service.

KasinoKing

WebMeister & Slotaholic..
webmeister
PABnonaccred
CAG
MM
Joined
Aug 25, 2004
Location
Bexhill on sea, England
Harrods Blackjack makes me PUKE!

Harrods Blackjack makes me PUKE! :puke:

I expect all Harrods members got their latest offer - play 20 hands in 5 different games for a free 25 quid!
That sounded like generous, and easy money to me as I'd done OK with the sign-up bonus and I like their games, but unfortunately I tried to use Blackjack to qualify. Big mistake! This was two of the worse little runs I have ever seen!

'Normal' BJ: 22 units played over 21 hands - lost 12. (Only 3 winning hands)
Double Exposure: 26 units, 22 hands, lost 10. (But 7 winners!)

BJ really sucks! (not just at Harrods) - How can you guys play this CRAP game? :confused:

I did a bit of cut & pasting to make this shot, but I promise you these are the genuine game logs from these two sessions:-
 

mitch

Dormant account
Joined
Sep 30, 2004
Location
UK
A bit of bad luck there KK! :(

I'm not going to let this put me off however as I intend to play this promotion myself. Might even play some of your daft games whilst I'm doing it. :p

Certainly going to play blackjack however, due to their very generous odds and the fact that I am way up overall playing this game at Harrods.

Mitch
 

Gluten

Dormant account
Joined
Dec 7, 2004
Location
DK
I also did this. I wasn't as unlucky as you though KK! I did BJ, Doubule Exposure, Baccarat, Carribien Stud and Pai Gow. Very well tought-out promotion!
 

GrandMaster

Ueber Meister
CAG
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Location
UK
KasinoKing said:
BJ really sucks! (not just at Harrods) - How can you guys play this CRAP game? :confused:
You had some bad luck.

Here are some numbers from one of my best recent sessions:
Total no. of hands: 175
Hands won: 90
Hands tied: 25
Hands lost: 60
Amount wagered: 1038
Profit: 216
Not bad for 20 minutes of"work".
This was about 2.7SD above the expectation, the probability of this is about 1 in 300.

Another very lucky session.
Total no. of hands: 25
Hands won: 17
Hands tied: 1
Hands lost: 7
 
Last edited:

mitch

Dormant account
Joined
Sep 30, 2004
Location
UK
mitch said:
A bit of bad luck there KK! :(
I'm not going to let this put me off however as I intend to play this promotion myself. Might even play some of your daft games whilst I'm doing it. :p
Mitch
Well I played the promotion ended up down 3 overall ( Video Poker was my biggest loser) but won the 25 bonus, therefore made 22 for a few minutes work. :)

Mitch
 

gfkostas

Ex-Bonus Whore
Joined
Sep 3, 2003
Location
UK
KasinoKing said:
Harrods Blackjack makes me PUKE! :puke:

I expect all Harrods members got their latest offer - play 20 hands in 5 different games for a free 25 quid!
That sounded like generous, and easy money to me as I'd done OK with the sign-up bonus and I like their games, but unfortunately I tried to use Blackjack to qualify. Big mistake! This was two of the worse little runs I have ever seen!

'Normal' BJ: 22 units played over 21 hands - lost 12. (Only 3 winning hands)
Double Exposure: 26 units, 22 hands, lost 10. (But 7 winners!)

BJ really sucks! (not just at Harrods) - How can you guys play this CRAP game? :confused:

I did a bit of cut & pasting to make this shot, but I promise you these are the genuine game logs from these two sessions:-

omg KK :( Looks like you took some kind of beating there
 

Clayman

Dormant account
Joined
Mar 12, 2004
Location
Pennsylvania, USA
KasinoKing said:
This was two of the worse little runs I have ever seen!
'Normal' BJ: 22 units played over 21 hands - lost 12. (Only 3 winning hands)
And as unlucky as your BJ was, it shows the value of playing with a 50 unit bankroll and resisting the temptation to increase your bet after 3-4 losses.
After all, it was only one of those 1 in 64 bad sessions, not even as bad as GM's was good. So, as others said, a bit of bad luck. Amazing how bad it feels, though. You played it well KK!

Wish some US casinos would have fun promos like this.
 

KasinoKing

WebMeister & Slotaholic..
webmeister
PABnonaccred
CAG
MM
Joined
Aug 25, 2004
Location
Bexhill on sea, England
mitch said:
Well I played the promotion ended up down 3 overall ( Video Poker was my biggest loser) but won the 25 bonus, therefore made 22 for a few minutes work. :)
I was a bit miffed when I made my 'Puke' post - but I know by now that sh*t happens in gambling! But it's just that it seems to happen far too often to me when I play Blackjack! :(
I guess what really annoyed me was that this is one of the best & easiest bonus offers I have EVER seen! :)
I can't complain really, cos DE was my 5th game, and as you can see, I ended up 25 down - and so, with the bonus to come, I broke even! (Strangely enough, VP was my biggest winner!).
I played the sign-up WR through without losing anything anyway, so I'm still 50 up at this point! :thumbsup:
 
Last edited:

Lyngutt

Dormant account
Joined
Jan 6, 2005
Location
Oslo
Such a fun promotion, gave me a chance to play games I never would have played otherwise :D

Did 21 hands of each game, just in case, and these were my results:

Blackjack -2.50
Baccarat -0.36
Double Exposure +4
Jacks or Better +11
Deuces Wild -0.50

The 4 of a kind in JoB won the day for me, total profit of 36.64 including bonus. :thumbsup:
 

Gluten

Dormant account
Joined
Dec 7, 2004
Location
DK
Has anyone gotten their bonus yet? Supposed to have received it yesternight, but so far nothing :rolleyes: No response from their support section either...
 

Vesuvio

Dormant account
Joined
Apr 23, 2004
Location
UK
They're normally good at crediting the bonus on time, so you might need to get in touch with them. They aren't giving me any bonuses at the moment so I decided to play a bit with my own money to encourage them - unfortunately I think I might have blown it after getting 4 deuces on deuces wild :cool:
 

Gluten

Dormant account
Joined
Dec 7, 2004
Location
DK
Well, that must have bagged you quite a nice sum Vesuvio :)
In any event, it is already sorted now - there was some mixup since this was my first deposit and I didn't get the welcome bonus or something.
 

mitch

Dormant account
Joined
Sep 30, 2004
Location
UK
Vesuvio said:
They aren't giving me any bonuses at the moment so I decided to play a bit with my own money to encourage them - unfortunately I think I might have blown it after getting 4 deuces on deuces wild :cool:
That's terrible Vesuvio, 'the best laid plans of mice and men' etc!

Your so unlucky, you'll be playing slots and winning the jackpot next and then they will never give you bonuses ever again. ;)

Mitch
 

Vesuvio

Dormant account
Joined
Apr 23, 2004
Location
UK
Gluten said:
Well, that must have bagged you quite a nice sum Vesuvio :)
It was a nice suprise, but sadly I only bet 50p - if only they hadn't reduced the minimum bet recently! I do like the fact you can play less than max coins there without being penalised seeing as a royal flush at one coin still pays out 800 coins (instead of the standard 250).

Glad you got the bonus in the end.
 

KasinoKing

WebMeister & Slotaholic..
webmeister
PABnonaccred
CAG
MM
Joined
Aug 25, 2004
Location
Bexhill on sea, England
Gluten said:
Has anyone gotten their bonus yet? Supposed to have received it yesternight, but so far nothing :rolleyes: No response from their support section either...
I didn't get mine either. So I e-mailed them and it was sorted within the hour! :thumbsup:
 

Lyngutt

Dormant account
Joined
Jan 6, 2005
Location
Oslo
By golly, they're really churning out these promotions :notworthy

What do you guys think of the last one? Deposit 50, wager 500. If you're down after 500, they will refund your losses (up to 50).

Play 1 blackjack for the wr, then put everything on red on roulette? :D
 

KasinoKing

WebMeister & Slotaholic..
webmeister
PABnonaccred
CAG
MM
Joined
Aug 25, 2004
Location
Bexhill on sea, England
Lyngutt said:
By golly, they're really churning out these promotions :notworthy

What do you guys think of the last one? Deposit 50, wager 500. If you're down after 500, they will refund your losses (up to 50).

Play 1 blackjack for the wr, then put everything on red on roulette? :D
They are giving it away aren't they! ;)
I only joined last week, and have had 3 bonus offers already!

This one was very good for me - I played for only just over half the WR and was 30 up - so I stopped! (There was no need to claim the bonus!) This nicely makes up for the ludicrous BlackJack rip-off I experienced with the last bonus! :rolleyes:

I hope they keep these great bonuses coming - Well done Harrods! :thumbsup:
 
Last edited:

Gluten

Dormant account
Joined
Dec 7, 2004
Location
DK
Yea, this weeks promotion is wicked! Wish I could also participate, but alas my fellow ultra-bonus-whore danes have apparently bonuswhored poor Harrod so much that this weeks promotion is not suited for us :(
 

arbster

Dormant account
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Location
UK
I was a little less lucky initially this week. Wiped out my first 50 deposit in 100 wagering on SD BJ. Re-deposited and had another go, as per the T&Cs, finishing on 100 - breakeven. Pondered cashing, but decided to play 5 coins on JoB. One 4oak later I cashed out a 500 profit :D
 

KasinoKing

WebMeister & Slotaholic..
webmeister
PABnonaccred
CAG
MM
Joined
Aug 25, 2004
Location
Bexhill on sea, England
arbster said:
Wiped out my first 50 deposit in 100 wagering on SD BJ.
Why am I not surprised? I'm starting to really, really hate BlackJack!
(I hope we hear from one of the mathematicians, what are the odds of blowing 50 in just 100 of BJ wagering!)

Well done on an EXCELLENT final result! :thumbsup:
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top