Happy Friday the 13th

Happy Friday the 13th.
Rationally, we know the day means...well, squat, it's an arbitrary date combination. But gamblers can be a superstitious lot (I've seen the dances, chants, rituals and troll dolls lol).

But do any of you avoid the date to play or other such number combos , ex not leaving a balance total of 666, thinking 7 is lucky etc?

Happy Friday 13th all!

Let's pull on our big girl/boy undies, buck the superstitions, and run down to the local animal shelter and adopt a black cat today!! (Black cats generally languish longer than any other color cat in shelters. Me? Yeah, I have an adopted black kitty. There's always a black cat in my house... sometimes more than one. :))

Funny you mention back cats - was arguing with a friend today who insisted her favourite animal was the black panther. She refused to believe they're just leopards and jaguars with melanin problems lol and that there's no such animal as a panther, black or otherwise.

I come from a Poker background, and learned that positive thinking is better than thinking about the negative outcome not to happen.

Example: You are all-in and your opponent can only win if a 7 comes on the board. Don't think "No 7, no 7, no 7". Just think "10 please, 10 please, 10 please!"

Totally nonsense of course, but it always feels like the 7 comes in if you root for it not to happen! :D

I come from a Poker background, and learned that positive thinking is better than thinking about the negative outcome not to happen.

Example: You are all-in and your opponent can only win if a 7 comes on the board. Don't think "No 7, no 7, no 7". Just think "10 please, 10 please, 10 please!"

Totally nonsense of course, but it always feels like the 7 comes in if you root for it not to happen! :D

I always liked Pratchett's idea that “million-to-one chances happen nine times out of ten”. :D

Lol, look at my book preferences in my profile :D. Love Pratchett!

Read them all, many several times. :thumbsup: (what a loss to the literary world)
If you havent try the Science of Discworld series. :p

I'm really daft and superstitious when it comes to numbers and don't even play roulette :p

Avoid 13 for obvious reasons

Don't like 23 cos of the film 'the Number 23' even tho I never watched it (work that one out :confused:)

Avoid 24 (Translates in Chinese/Cantonese as 'Easy to Die' )

666 again obvious (you'd be surprised how common an 0.18 bet feature on MG's Thunderstruck pays this figure :eek:)

99 - messy, one short of perfection lol

Love 7 or any connotation thereof, especially 21 (Triple 7 or 'Pontoon')

I do not really have anything with 13 or Friday the 13th.

But I do have the same as already mentioned above,I always try to avoid a balance of €6.66 or €66.66 or €666.66 etc etc.
And you would also be surprised how often you get one of those balances.
Sometimes I go to Dead or Alive and do a one cent one line bet to get the 6 to a 5 on the last digit.
Then go back to the slot I was playing and after a while I check and the bloody 6 is back again.
Sometimes this really freaks me out. ;)

That is all really for "bad" numbers.

When it comes to lucky numbers I always have liked 7 and 11.
When I play lotto,keno anything with numbers I have to have these 2 numbers involved in my pickings. :)
No particular reason but these 2 numbers give me a positive vibe,always have. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back