GMail Reading Your Email

P.V.

Dormant Account
webmeister
Hit the news today in the U.S., Google computers are reading your GMail.com emails.

Google advises it's just computers and not humans. :rolleyes:

I've posted a video, not sure about their conclusion though, at the end they seem to be ok with it. :confused:

I think I'll close my GMail account as I don't feel good about this personally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeez, they have been doing that for years. Hence why if you start emailing a friend about a holiday all of a sudden you get ads for travel insurance and hotels. It's the trade off for free email and almost no spam.

What are the alternatives?

Hotmail - spam mountain and easily hacked
Yahoo - meh!
Your ISP - charge, need outlook or similar to run.

Jeez, they have been doing that for years. Hence why if you start emailing a friend about a holiday all of a sudden you get ads for travel insurance and hotels. It's the trade off for free email and almost no spam.

Hotmail - spam mountain and easily hacked
Yahoo - meh!
Your ISP - charge, need outlook or similar to run.

First I've heard of it, just letting the ones that didn't know, like myself. :thumbsup:

When you're getting something for free, you almost have to expect your data being compromised somehow - and I wouldn't put it beyond Google or Yahoo etc to be reading emails. It's their domain, so I'm figuring it's their property.

That said, it's mind-numbing easy to create your own domain. yourname.com or whatever - with this, one is given enough email accounts for the entire family and then some. The domain can cost as little as $15-20 per year with hosting cost about the same per month. Godaddy host sites for as little as $5 per month.

I would never trust gmail, yahoo, hotmail for keeping mails secure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back