Do you find MG progressives to be fair ?!

Do you find MG progressive slots to be fair?

• Of course they are fair!

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don't think they are fair

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • I thought they were fair until now

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nektar4d

Dormant account
PLEASE READ BEFORE VOTING:

Well, I believe MG progressive slots were among the best around.
One cannot underestimate the many winning screenshots on the winners thread.
I thought that the jackpots wins were random for every game.

But on 22 Feb at 2.23am (time is local and may vary around the world but will be the same time at the same location) I noticed the following wins according to awesomejackpots site:
CashSplash has just been won for $18,094.
Wow Pot has just been won for $10,778.
LotsaLoot has just been won for $18,537.
Treasure Nile has just been won for $45,821.
Major Millions has just been won for $310,637.
Roulette Royale has just been won for $470,565.
TunzaMunni has just been won for $117,579.

On the same day after a while - 22 Feb at 2.48am:
Fruit Fiesta has just been won for $82,873.
Triple Sevens has just been won for $101,964.
King Cashalot has just been won for $857,750.
:what:

A quick look at slotcharts.com revealed the same winning data...
It seems like a generic time-switch is activated to win the jackpot instead of an algorithm inside each game separately.
Then, is it really random each game?

Sometimes in the past I have noticed similar jackpots but not so many at the same time like this!

I am not an expert slots player, but I find this very odd at least...
Could someone explain this?
Please give your comments

P.S. To admins: If I am totally mistaken and have a false view, please close the poll.

Last edited:
I'm afraid you're getting confused ;)

TunzaMunni was last won on Feb 20th, not the 22nd.

Old / Expired Link

Same for Major millions.

Old / Expired Link

edit: Interesting indeed:

Either MG released corrupted (wrong) data, or there's something seriously wrong. Both of those were hit on the 20th, at the exact same time - down to the second.

I've never won any MG progressive so I dont really know.

I have won several Crypto progressives from slots to VP and been present 50/50 when my friend won a Crypto progressive.

That been said I always thought MG progressives were fairer because they didn't rely on a bonus game, the jackpot is usually hitting 5 wilds on a particular win line which although rare is very transparent and calcuable. We are totally in the dark in terms of ODDS when it comes to JP's such as Mega Moolah, Millionaires club, Rags to Riches etc

Didn't Simmo address these particular wins in another thread? I can't find it now... hmm must be dreaming.

Odd as it may seem, I have used kingcashalot to bolster my bankroll several times. I can only think of once or twice I didn't profit on a one or two hundred dollar bankroll. Probably just dumb luck :) but I'd say 80-90% of the time it pays, as has tunzamuni. SOmetimes when things aren't going well on other games I go to progressives to 'recharge'. I could never do that at a B&M.

The jackpot server probably had a hiccup - in another thread someone was talking about Tunzamunni. As Slotcharts and Awesome Jackpots both depend on the same data, but use different proprietary scripts to retrieve the information - the fact that both sites show similar data points to an error somewhere in their systems.

The timestamps on the jackpots are indicative of the time the information was retrieved - not the actual time the jackpot was hit. Since both sites retrieve jackpots at 5 minute periods so as to not overly stress the server - a timestamp has an error margin of up to 5 minutes.

The jackpot server probably had a hiccup ...- in another thread someone was talking about Tunzamunni. As Slotcharts and Awesome Jackpots both depend on the same data, but use different proprietary scripts to retrieve the information - the fact that both sites show similar data points to an error somewhere in their systems.

The timestamps on the jackpots are indicative of the time the information was retrieved - not the actual time the jackpot was hit. Since both sites retrieve jackpots at 5 minute periods so as to not overly stress the server - a timestamp has an error margin of up to 5 minutes.

And what may be the probability to hit 7 jackpots at the same 5-10-30 minutes?!? and then another 3 jackpots in the next 25 minutes ?!
:eek:

I suppose its a server mistake, but can someone check with MG and find out what happened?
Is there an official site with the history of the jackpots?

MG

And what may be the probability to hit 7 jackpots at the same 5-10-30 minutes?!? and then another 3 jackpots in the next 25 minutes ?!
:eek:

I suppose its a server mistake, but can someone check with MG and find out what happened?
Is there an official site with the history of the jackpots?

Microgaming have taken over Jackpot Madness, which lists all the Microgaming progressives, and when they were hit.

I always thought the games fair, but to have what seems like ALL the slots all hitting at once looks very odd indeed. Given that the US problems have cut the number of players down, I would have expected this scenario to be even less likely than before. I hope this is a data problem, else MG have some explaining to do about this "megastreak" of the progressives all paying in quick succession.

I'm afraid you're getting confused ;)

TunzaMunni was last won on Feb 20th, not the 22nd.

Old / Expired Link

Same for Major millions.

Old / Expired Link

edit: Interesting indeed:

Either MG released corrupted (wrong) data, or there's something seriously wrong. Both of those were hit on the 20th, at the exact same time - down to the second.
Have a look at
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
and
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
. It is pretty clear that whatever happened on 20 February was a temporary problem and the jackpots were not hit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back