Do you enter radio/tv competitions "Have you ever won"

ESCJAMIE

He/Him. High Voltage Only
MM
Listening to heart radio for past months and they give away a few 30000 pounds a week,

and it just got me thinking of the time when I was 12 and was playing on old school sky games on the TV " Beehive bedlam"

and a few weeks later my mom has a foot spa delivered "Apparently won some kind of spot prize" I had to no idea

Do you guys enter these type of competitions, Have you ever won ?
Sky TV Games Closing Down January 2015 - YouTube

No radio or TV comps.

I used to buy That's life and Take 5 magazines every week and do crosswords and other games.

I have won $50 from it once :D

I should start buying them again as the prizes are great, $5000, New car and other smaller items.
We have them kind of magazines in UK, same loads of competitions.

Always worth a try when its free ! x

I don't enter those types of comps because most of the time I think they're rigged, a bit like slots. Probably why I'm a "Glass half-full" kinda guy

Worst are the Postcode Lottery ads, I can feel myself convulsing whenever they're on

♪ Somebody's knocking on the door, somebody's ringing the bell ♪ ♪

tenor.gif

Used to play the phone up quizzes like quizmania before they got banned, probably made about 8k out
them before players started forming syndicates and nicked most of the prizes.Whole thing was pretty dodgy
really.One example question was " name something green",people were phoning up with the obvious answers
like apple,grass and trees.no one got the correct answer which was Eddie Stobart lorry
Got shut down soon after that.

My daughter has won 2 times on chumfm 104, in Toronto. 1st was 200$ gas card. And 2nd the most bizarre shit ever she just got married, they could not afford a honeymoon right away, wtf don't she win a a trip to an all inclusive5 star resort in Mexico one week.

A long, long time ago, I entered a radio comp and was one of a handful to possibly win a trip to Vegas ( I was.....10....12, maybe?)

The collective winners sat around an auditorium while they had a big to-do of it.

I didnt get it and went home with a clock-radio consolation prize.

Other than that, 30 yrs later, a free pizza dinner for calling in

I don't enter those types of comps because most of the time I think they're rigged, a bit like slots. Probably why I'm a "Glass half-full" kinda guy

Worst are the Postcode Lottery ads, I can feel myself convulsing whenever they're on

♪ Somebody's knocking on the door, somebody's ringing the bell ♪ ♪

tenor.gif
LOL...My dad told me a couple of years ago my old schoolfriend's dad who lives on the corner opposite him had a bit of a commotion one day, with cameras and various bellends in red t-shirts parading around outside the house. Turns out he had won the Postcode Lottery (I checked) - he had had 2x £10 monthly entries so won £60k. The guy died not long afterwards according to my dad.

If i can be arsed i enter the Radio Clyde competitions they do every week like Cash Drop etc. where they phone you and give you money.

But guessing since i do the free online entry and don't pay the £2 a text to enter i would never win. But what the hell costs nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back